Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #6751
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
There you go getting me all excited about the State of Jefferson again.
Make sure to let us Southerners come play!

Did some work to the KLR this weekend. Starting out on building a skid plate and a frame for a tail box. No photos there yet.

I did get one thing done, mounted my soon to be first aid box.

There's a fair amount of tension on the latches, I don't think it will be vibrating loose. If it does I'll put a velcro cinch strap in.

You'll notice I change the enormous license plate light out for a smaller LED light, I also ground the license plate mount bracket down. This was so I could cut out the license plate light bulge in the tail and saves a little bit of power. I used this.

The license plate has also been moved up, I had to notch it a bit to fit around the OEM plate light. If I have trouble with my D606 catching the plate I will move it up to the first aid box.

PS - I know my garage is filthy. Please don't judge.

GSequoia screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 02:58 PM
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #6752
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,048
Ah, we do live in pristine, awe inspiring country, don't we? Gonna miss you at the Mendo rally, but we can talk revolution plans at this years SoJ rally, waddya think? That last pic could have a funny caption, or is it just my perverted mind?? You gotta hook me up for a ride at that OHV park you rode last year, looked like a challenging, great ride!!! See you soon, Brien

SkiBumBrian screwed with this post 03-12-2013 at 03:03 PM
SkiBumBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #6753
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,791
No, not your perverted mind...Great minds think alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumBrian View Post
Ah, we do live in pristine, awe inspiring country, don't we? Gonna miss you at the Mendo rally, but we can talk revolution plans at this years SoJ rally, waddya think? That last pic could have a funny caption, or is it just my perverted mind?? You gotta hook me up for a ride at that OHV park you rode last year, looked like a challenging, great ride!!! See you soon, Brien
my mind went there too but...whatever. Yeah, the High Lakes Area. Will get there. Doing the OBCDR in July, when I get back we'll do the High Lakes
Old 03-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #6754
Aprilia
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 651
Had to laugh at the comment that Cali is over populated. Thats about like saying Arizona is nothing but desert. Az has the most mountain peaks of any mountain state. 26 of which are over 10,000ft as well as the largest contiguous stand of ponderosa pines in the US within 11 million acres of forest. My home town receives the 3rd highest amount of snowfall in the USA (just 3" short of #1 Syracuse NY) and Az has the most southern ski resort in the US. (just outside of Tucson). Best part...less than 12% of the land is privately owned and 70% of all roads are dirt....thats KLR country. Yeah...california is over populated.

Aprilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #6755
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
My homemade jack stand made from the end of a cane. Cut it off at 16&3/4 & cramed a rubber tip on the metal end. Makes cleaning & spraying the chain much easier.
http://
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #6756
Tucson_klr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
My Hunting Rig

Tucson_klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #6757
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson_klr View Post
Does your leg go over or under the end of the barrel there? Looks a bit close in the photo.
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #6758
Tucson_klr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Funny you should ask. The case actually rotates down when off road to stay out of the way, but when riding highway the back of the boot is like a wind sail so I rotate the case to an almost horizontal position to avoid the wind sail. My leg does fit in between the gun boot and the bike though with a little room to spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSequoia View Post
Does your leg go over or under the end of the barrel there? Looks a bit close in the photo.
Tucson_klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #6759
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer: 1,379
Brian said California being over populated was a standard myth. I've been to a few places in Arizona including Flagstaff. It's where in AZ I'd live.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #6760
dmottv
Take the Long Way Home

Oddometer: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson_klr View Post
Funny you should ask. The case actually rotates down when off road to stay out of the way, but when riding highway the back of the boot is like a wind sail so I rotate the case to an almost horizontal position to avoid the wind sail. My leg does fit in between the gun boot and the bike though with a little room to spare.
Nice setup! Any closeups/info of the mount? I'd like to do something similar for puttin' around during turkey and bird seasons.

dmottv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #6761
Unstable Rider
ill mannered SOB

Oddometer: 2,467
My buddy "Eagle Todd". Taking a break where the gravel meets the blacktop on some great backroads.

~Butch Cassidy
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #6762
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,048
Isn't it amazing how people and areas get stereotyped with nothing to go on but hear say. Yes, Arizona has deserts (very beautiful, I might add) and California in places has ridiculous traffic, hordes of people active 24 hrs. a day and more crime than I would like to live with. But these preconceived notions are just that. Cloudcroft, AZ is one of the highest towns in the US with heavy snowfall in the winter and some of the most scenic mountainous terrain in the US. Northern California is a far cry from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Redding, where I live, has a population of 90,000 residents strewn over a very large geographical area and you have to drive 300 miles in any direction to find a bigger city and there is not much two legged life in between except Sasquatch (had to throw that in there..). Ask most left coasters about NY and they will picture NYC, not the beautifully wooded north parts of the state. Ask them about NC and they think of hicks sucking on wheat straws in overalls, no teeth, looking for their cousins.... We all have ideas instilled in us by our experiences, a lot of it from the TV, about what other places are like.
I like the idea that Yokomo had about everyone posting some pics of life from your neck of the woods, maybe all us prejudiced ***holes can learn some ****ing culture !!!
Yes, this is a picture thread and I have not forgotten that. Here is a couple of pics from the State of Jefferson rally last year and one from the Mendo NF rally 2012. Enjoy and I do hope to see some pics of "the best of what your state has to offer".

Saturday morning, leaving for our "circle the mountain" ride...

Here we all stopped for a group pic at the top of the Eddy's pass...

Line of bikes at the Mendo NF rally 2012. Looking forward to this year, 5/2/13 thru 5/6/13
Old 03-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #6763
Unstable Rider
ill mannered SOB

Oddometer: 2,467
Nice bunch of bikes there.
Looks like many of the flavors were represented

~Butch Cassidy
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #6764
ram1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,826
Looks like a lot of traffic!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #6765
bdcorrigan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumBrian View Post
Isn't it amazing how people and areas get stereotyped with nothing to go on but hear say. Yes, Arizona has deserts (very beautiful, I might add) and California in places has ridiculous traffic, hordes of people active 24 hrs. a day and more crime than I would like to live with. But these preconceived notions are just that. Cloudcroft, AZ is one of the highest towns in the US with heavy snowfall in the winter and some of the most scenic mountainous terrain in the US. Northern California is a far cry from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Redding, where I live, has a population of 90,000 residents strewn over a very large geographical area and you have to drive 300 miles in any direction to find a bigger city and there is not much two legged life in between except Sasquatch (had to throw that in there..). Ask most left coasters about NY and they will picture NYC, not the beautifully wooded north parts of the state. Ask them about NC and they think of hicks sucking on wheat straws in overalls, no teeth, looking for their cousins.... We all have ideas instilled in us by our experiences, a lot of it from the TV, about what other places are like.
I like the idea that Yokomo had about everyone posting some pics of life from your neck of the woods, maybe all us prejudiced ***holes can learn some ****ing culture !!!
Yes, this is a picture thread and I have not forgotten that. Here is a couple of pics from the State of Jefferson rally last year and one from the Mendo NF rally 2012. Enjoy and I do hope to see some pics of "the best of what your state has to offer".

Saturday morning, leaving for our "circle the mountain" ride...

Here we all stopped for a group pic at the top of the Eddy's pass...

Line of bikes at the Mendo NF rally 2012. Looking forward to this year, 5/2/13 thru 5/6/13
Looks like a XR70 down there towards the end. Little ripper?
bdcorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote