Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #61
ehatcher OP
Hello? Is this thing on?

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN
Eric,
How many hours you think you put into the project?
It is difficult to figure out exactly. I would guess 250 to 350 hours of shop time, but then there was probably another 50 or so in design time; measuring things, doing sketchs, figuring out how do stuff etc. Then probably another 50 in shopping around for various bits, like fastners, composites, metal stock, etc. Most of it was fun, but some was a PIA; filling pinholes before sending the parts out for paint, making the (what seemed like) 100th prototype wooden truss to see if the instruments and headlight would sit right, fitting that *#$%@! joint between the headlamp and main fairing (the gap is STILL slighlty off.) There is probably another 100 or more to go, I want to do the windscreen a bit differently, make a long range fuel tank (in case I get to do the Goose Bay trip!), redo the racks for the Pelican boxes, recover the seat, make a rear cargo rack etc.....

Eric
"Mostly the animals understand their roles, but man, by comparison, seems troubled by a message that he cannot quite remember or has gotten wrong. Bereft of instinct, he must search continually for meanings." Loren Eiseley

ehatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #62
chefguy
Coffee Drinker

Oddometer: 247
Damn nice bike!!! Good workmanship!
chefguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #63
gallahadion
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
oil tank/plenum fairing

So whats the price for a black oil tank/plenum one piece fairing? I'm getting my tax return in about a week. Would just this piece fit without changing out other pieces?

http://www.massage4life.biz
gallahadion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #64
ehatcher OP
Hello? Is this thing on?

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallahadion
So whats the price for a black oil tank/plenum one piece fairing? I'm getting my tax return in about a week. Would just this piece fit without changing out other pieces?
This was a one off project, while I do have molds they are not production grade and they turn out parts which require a lot of fitting and finish work. Additionally, the large one piece fairing would only work with the headlight fairing, and it requires the lower bash pan to mount to as it does not attach anywhere else. I can't imagine there would be enough demand to justify producing these parts, especially considering how expensive they would be in a small run.

Eric
"Mostly the animals understand their roles, but man, by comparison, seems troubled by a message that he cannot quite remember or has gotten wrong. Bereft of instinct, he must search continually for meanings." Loren Eiseley

ehatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #65
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,697
Beauty bump.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #66
chaos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ
Beauty bump.
Thanks for doing that, I never seen this bike....what a nice job. I wish I had 1/2 the talent.
chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #67
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,168
Just saw this for the first time (because of your sig line). Really nice work.

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote