User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #121
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
Amigo,
Gracias....lo siento por los problemos en Kelowna....es mejor en Baja y Costa Rica, no?!

Well, spring is almost here , so get the oil changed and find some logging roads

Send me a note offline (private message on ADV Rider works) and we can hook up for some spring rides..

Glad I can help you come down from the "Return Home Blues"

Ged

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #122
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Well, amigos.... the Baja trip was coming to an end similar to it's beginnings....wet and cold weather, interstate droning, and some uncertainties as to what would happen next.

Darren and i left Wayne at South Sound BMW after some final bike comparisons...Wayne still loves his 1150 Adventurer more than all the other GS's (secretly preferring it to the 1200....ssshhhh)

We signed up to win an HP2...

But as that was over 6 weeks ago, I have come to accept that some other lucky rider has bragging rights

I had been wanting a good Barbeque feed ever since we started this trip and had not had any up to this point. The blessing of the gods presented a Barbeque joint just down the road from the dealership and we pulled in..

I ordered the ribs as did Darren....the beans and coleslaw were average and the pork was fatty or dry...a disappointment...but a cheaper disappointment than the Cowboy Steak...

We saddled up for the last blast home to Kamloops ....

When we arrived home in the early evening, we were greeted by a few feet of snow covering Darren's truck and the drive partially shovelled....and that lovely pile of snow at the end of the drive left by the snowplow....neither of us were necessarily ready for all that form of reality.

After some unloading, shovelling, and vehicle shuffling, Darren headed off for the night and I rekindled the home fires...

Old 03-14-2007, 12:59 AM   #123
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Having had some time to re-engage my civilian life back home, the trip comes back in my dreams, when going over the bike and finding dried algae from the wet crossings clinging to spokes and brake lines, and when opening a pack and finding some sand dusting the floor.

My riding partner, Darren, sent me an update that rekindles hope....I thought the free HP2 draw had passed, but it appears as if my chances for a free bike are still in the running...

And while the unpleasantness of winter is all but gone here....

....and while packing the truck is a easy task after all that practise...

...and all it would take is to have someone wave us on...

The thought of reconnecting with friends on the beach in Bahia de los Angeles is appealing...

The customs are easily adapted if you leave some of your habits at home...

And The Way opens up for a realm of travel pleasures....

Until next time, Baja....

See ya later....

Old 03-14-2007, 07:26 AM   #124
bosco
Raybanned

Oddometer: 11,625
nice epilog
Old 03-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #125
Corky1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Talking

Great closing post to another great Baja ride.
Thanks,

Corky
AMA # 199311 Charter Life Member
"Keep The Rubberside Down"
Corky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:05 PM   #126
flyingbeard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,135
Thanks for sharing .
flyingbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #127
DRS Canada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Gotta thank you Ged for planting the seed 8 years ago, it was a dream then and seems like one now. The closing here brings back so many memories and faces of people met along the journey. Who could forget the twitch man in Ensenada or Coral the english teacher, or the beach guy @ Guillermo's, to name a few.
The machinery ran without issue and the entertainment seemed to be daily/nightly. That photo of you at the taco stand on Ciudad Constitution is one of my favorites.
Looking forward to riding soon, but work I must. I will get that pile of junk out of your garage as soon as I can. Take care and thanks for the tales, you sure can spin a yarn.
DRS Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #128
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Riders,
As the summer riding season draws to a close up here in British Columbia, the fall wet dampens the trail dust and adds great colours to the mountain trails.

And it also makes a rider wonder how they will survive the winter without any rides planned....last winter's trip to the Baja comes to mind.....

Not this year.....but a possible Utah adventure in May makes for planning and dreaming opportunities....

Ged

Old 08-28-2010, 06:48 AM   #129
Storeythor
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hey guys..
I have to say this was an interesting read. You can imagine my astonishment when i came upon a familiar part of this story. The part about the STEALTH TRUCK.. I was like "hey, that's Bill's truck.. and hes talking about Bill and I... oh yeah, i remember that night.."

Bill and i THOROUGHLY enjoyed razzing you about the Husaberg fully knowing we had both of ours in the truck.

Bill and i spent close to a week there on that trip making a trail that ran from the west coast of Baja to Bajia de Los Angeles.. (from the ocean to the sea of Cortez) riding from sun up to sun down.

Truly EPIC..!!!
Storeythor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #130
DRS Canada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Hah Hah , I was pretty sure I had a commision coming my way !! It was great sharing a few Nergra Modellos with you guys. One of the regrets from that trip was not tagging along to see what you guys faced putting in that trail. Bay of LA has so many good memories , even if I didn't close the deal . Happy trails ....
DRS Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #131
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Ola amigos ,
That evening was memorable . Darren and I have often retold the tale around many a campfire and both regret passing up that opportunity to ride with you and Bill.

We have ridden on some of the trails Bill and folks like you have pioneered, and it is sweet to get back into some of that stuff.

I was down last February for a mostly solo ride for 10 days...a rag-tag Kamloops group (we all came down on a converted bike bus from Kamloops) was knocking off all the single track they could find from San Felipe to Mulege at the same time...

Safe riding ...