User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2015, 05:20 AM   #1
Olirider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
Mash Adventure 400

Next may 2015, French company SIMA will begin to sell a new small adventure bike : the MASH Adventure 400.

In fact, SIMA just creates detailed specifications for an unknown Chinese manufacturer and does the marketing and servicing.

Personally, I like quite well the design and the price will be very cheap (5490 including the aluminium boxes). The engine seems to be a clone from an old Honda air cooled design. Power is said to be a modest 29 HP.
Warranty is 2 years.

I don't know what will be the reliability for this bike but oils changes are to be done every 3000 km (less than 2000 miles) .

I find this bike interesting but I am not sure I would dare to buy it...
Olirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:22 AM   #2
Olirider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I forgot the URL : http://www.mash-motors.fr/moto-mash-...ure-400cc.html

(Sorry, only in French).
Old 04-07-2015, 06:02 AM   #3
izom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Thumb

of course its interesting!

not everybody wants an overpowered- overweight- and overpriced and full of electronicsh.t - so called adventurebike!!

i would like to have more like 650cc - but always depends on weight etc.

i always was/are e big fan of the xr650L but we cannot buy it in europe because of the stupid emm. laws we have here...! ;-/

u can put like 3 old ovens in your house- you can drive as much old cars as you want- etc. etc. but you can not buy a new carburated bike !?? just stupid...

82 xr 500 - love those old thumpers

92 XTZ 750 rally style
izom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:28 AM   #4
ex250mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Its hard to tell from the pics but that looks like an xr/trx 400 motor. If honda parts fit, one could hop that up quite a bit.
ex250mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #5
Fer
n00b

Oddometer: 1
https://youtu.be/eFjfYXPHP1w

https://youtu.be/8-3d6Ql6PRg

Also available un Spain!

Pd:About oil changes, with semishintetic oil should be enough every 8000 km.

Fer screwed with this post 04-07-2015 at 04:16 PM
Fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #6
TomAZ1983
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
I like the concept. A 650 would be awesome. But I am skeptical of Chinese engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TomAZ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #7
JT105
Let's Ride

Oddometer: 24
I really love the bike, being lightweight and nimble, but not willing to take the chance on quality. Kinda like if Harbor Freight built motorcycles. Cheap prices. Cheap materials. But hey, people buy that crap because they had a coupon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2015, 08:00 PM   #8
Beezer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,836
the 650 is already covered.... a LIGHTER 400-500 with a wide ratio 6 speed will be a hit. I'll buy one.

edit: by "lighter", I mean lighter than the 650s
Old 04-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #9
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 18,991
I figured the Chinese, with the help of the Euros, would build bikes in the segments the big mfg are ignoring. This and AJP are prime examples what Euro designs and Chinese mfg (which is very good when instructed too) will become in the future...only to be better and better every year.

The Japanese (& KTM) best not forget about the smaller to mid-size market or companies like this will pass them by.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:22 PM   #10
eakins
Butler Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
the 650 is already covered.... a LIGHTER 400-500 with a wide ratio 6 speed will be a hit. I'll buy one.

edit: by "lighter", I mean lighter than the 650s
indeed the 400-500cc adv-touring bike market is being ignored yet many riders are wanting something like this.

eventually all the mfgs will figure it out.
Butler Maps website:
Old 04-08-2015, 03:09 AM   #11
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Nice bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:19 AM   #12
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,592
Maybe I am missing something here, but I don't even know what the segment would be in the USA. That listed price is $6000 for what amounts to a dressed up 1980's XL600 with an XL350 engine. I don't see how $500-$700 less than a new DR650, DRZ400 or XR650L for that is a good deal even if it does have luggage and a BMW beak. It seems like a big step backwards just to get a beak and bags with the added benefit of not having dealers in nearly ever burg. I just don't see the Chinese thing working by undercutting the Japanese by a few hundred dollars especially while offering less motor and an iffy parts supply. Sorry, but somebody has to be the voice of reason. That is a lot of money for a new Chinese clone of a 1980's Honda.

Grreatdog screwed with this post 04-08-2015 at 04:25 AM
Grreatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #13
ex250mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
Maybe I am missing something here, but I don't even know what the segment would be in the USA. That listed price is $6000 for what amounts to a dressed up 1980's XL600 with an XL350 engine. I don't see how $500-$700 less than a new DR650, DRZ400 or XR650L for that is a good deal even if it does have luggage and a BMW beak. It seems like a big step backwards just to get a beak and bags with the added benefit of not having dealers in nearly ever burg. I just don't see the Chinese thing working by undercutting the Japanese by a few hundred dollars especially while offering less motor and an iffy parts supply. Sorry, but somebody has to be the voice of reason. That is a lot of money for a new Chinese clone of a 1980's Honda.
Its not for sale in the US. The website is in french. (hint hint)

I have no idea what the MC market is like there. Maybe this fills some niche?
ex250mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #14
Olirider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Yes, Don't forget that bikes are much cheaper in USA than in Europe...
Old 04-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #15
eakins
Butler Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
If the CSC 250 can come in and make a profit for them at $3500, with a smaller motor but FI and maybe better suspension then this bike should sell for even less in the US http://californiascooterco.com/csc_cyclone_rx-3.htm

I've mention on the CSC adv thread how the Chinese Mfg (Zongshen) needs to develop a larger cc version of that motor (even just a bump to 350cc) for certain markets.

The Mash looks like a Honda XR400 clone and that is a good thing. If it's build well enough it's a legendary motor for reliability and simplicity. I have no doubt the Chinese can now match the quality build of what Honda was producing for the XR400 motor back in the day and maybe even build it better. I'd rather see them exactly copy and perfect an old proven Honda motor (so it has part availability from Honda) than have their own design (that may be questionable or lack easy to get parts)

If that had the name Honda on it, it would sell like hotcakes.
Heck if Honda N.A. just sold this it would be a hit in the US.
http://www.honda.mx/motos/falcon/

Either way, I see only more and more of these 400-500 mini adv bikes coming on the market in the future as these small companies are seeing what the large mfg (japanese & euro) are ignoring.
Butler Maps website: