User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #6391
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 2,007
Jinsky,

Post it in the "flea market" and include photos. People shop there. It will just be forgotten here.
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #6392
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 2,007
drm,

That's a beautifully set up KLX.

I have an XT225 and really like it, but I think I will start keeping an eye out for a KLX250S to add to the stable. I'm Yamaha biased, but the KLX looks like a great bike that I'd like to try. They seem to be a bit more affordable than the WR250R on the used market. I've never ridden either one, but they both look like great bikes.

If you ever wander East shot me a PM & I'll show you the trails around here. (Watauga Lake/ Mtn City,TN/ Boone,NC)
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #6393
dalehazelton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
As a newbie, I have to ask - how do you mount something like that fully loaded? I had a couple of step through Burgman scooters and that was a no brainer loaded up. Do you put your left foot on the peg and step over like mounting a horse with the stand down? On my DR I had to do a karate like kick with a hop and it was uncomfortable to say the least.
dalehazelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #6394
2whlrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalehazelton View Post
As a newbie, I have to ask - how do you mount something like that fully loaded? I had a couple of step through Burgman scooters and that was a no brainer loaded up. Do you put your left foot on the peg and step over like mounting a horse with the stand down? On my DR I had to do a karate like kick with a hop and it was uncomfortable to say the least.
Both of your methods would work and are how I would mount mine.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #6395
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,499
Quote:
As you said, mount like a horse, easy peasy, on and off.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #6396
dfye55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
drm,

I have an XT225 and really like it, but I think I will start keeping an eye out for a KLX250S to add to the stable. I'm Yamaha biased, but the KLX looks like a great bike that I'd like to try. They seem to be a bit more affordable than the WR250R on the used market. I've never ridden either one, but they both look like great bikes.

If you ever wander East shot me a PM & I'll show you the trails around here. (Watauga Lake/ Mtn City,TN/ Boone,NC)
I own 05 klr250 and 09 tu250, and want a dr200. Till your post I thought I was out of line ;)

Sent from mobile
Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #6397
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrider View Post
Both of your methods would work and are how I would mount mine.
Yep. That's how I do it too. When my WR250R has been loaded up with a tailbag and saddles, all I do is face away from the bike, hold the left handlebar grip with my right hand, kick my leg up like I'm about to kick myself in the a$$ with my right boot heel, and then place the boot over the seat (top of boot and laces sliding across the seat) then spin around facing the bike, grab the left handlebar grip now with my left hand, then with heel now sliding across the seat (like Jon Bon Jovi doing a pre-show hurdler's stretch warm-up), hop a few times toward the bike with my left foot, and then climb aboard. I've gotten used to it and while it looks awkward and lacks finesse - it works. At gas stations I know people wonder how I'm able to climb on my bike with so much gear on top. From their expressions it's clear that it amuses them to watch me climb on in such an unorthodox manner.

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #6398
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by drm View Post
I really enjoy this thread and finally get to make a post.

Getting ready for a 3 day trip to the Land Between the Lakes and got her loaded down to see what I don't need.

What make is that pack/bag that is above the headlight?

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #6399
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Quote:
welp, i practiced a bit. I have long chicken legs and can hike my knee up and barely get my foot over. i used the horse method too. it's a bit tight but i can manage.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #6400
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
drm,

Thanks! I would like to wander east next chance I get.

I went to the KLX from a gsxr and won't look back. I had a XR200 when I was younger. I would have liked to have found a WR250 but there were none in my price range.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #6401
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
What make is that pack/bag that is above the headlight?
Dirt-Bike-Gear.com. I have their tool bag too that fits on the rear rack when I take all the other crap off.

http://dirt-bike-gear.com/npb.html

Old 04-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #6402
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Dirt-Bike-Gear.com. I have their tool bag too that fits on the rear rack when I take all the other crap off.

http://dirt-bike-gear.com/npb.html

Thanks!

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #6403
dalehazelton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfye55 View Post
I own 05 klr250 and 09 tu250, and want a dr200. Till your post I thought I was out of line ;)

Sent from mobile
I miss my DR already. Love the CRF250L but the DR was old tech - easy to fix if need be, lighter, shorter, stone simple and incredibly fuel efficient. Sadly, it was also slow as molasses which is why I moved on. I really miss a 3.5 gallon tank though. When I canceled the insurance on it my insurance premium WENT UP BY $38 - WTF???
dalehazelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #6404
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Currently on my first tour with my new WRR. I have set it up and equiped it with everything I'd need to RTW if I wanted to, just replace water, fuel (250-300 mile range), and food. Here's the bike at my first night camp at the Wedge Overlook, I have some other pics on the camera I can post when I get home.

UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #6405
larry31
Back Roads Explorer

Oddometer: 285
Bike

UtahFox

You've got so much baggage, you can't even see there's a bike under there!...

Oh'Ya! ....I see the wheels now!
larry31 is offline   Reply With Quote