User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2007, 06:34 AM   #1
Baggi'tard OP
Assventure rider

Oddometer: 531
The MZ Baghira Thread

Hey, since everybody else has their own thread, I figured I start one for the oft-overlooked and unloved MZ Baghira, or any other MZ owner that wants to check in. Of course the http://www.mzriders.com/mz/ forums are a great place for MZ information. But this is a better spot for people that ride and adventure on the Baggi.

Had mine for about a year now (a 2003 Baghira Street Moto) and have to say it's the funnest bike I think I've owned. After coming off 11 years of Ducatis, then a Z1000, this thing has a grin factor not equaled by any of those bikes. Has given me the freedom to pretty much ride anywhere I've wanted to go, yet still just RIPS through the moutains when I want to do that too.

Haven't done too much yet, but first thing to be done was the Rich's Custom seat, turning the Baggi into a all day machine. Have a D&D slip on, a Hepco&Becker rear rack, Wolfman enduro tank bag, Pro Taper Contour (CR high) handlebars and mount kit, RAM GPS mount, CRG mirrors, and ProGrip grips. Other than that, just tires and brake pads and let's go riding.

Some ADV threads with Baghira:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...hlight=Baghira

Attached Images

Baggi'tard screwed with this post 02-02-2007 at 01:07 PM
Baggi'tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
Knucklehead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
I have a Baghira too, just picked it up a couple weeks ago. I will post pics when I get a chance.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:18 AM   #3
RR-
=====

Oddometer: 240
Mine is an '02. My favorite bike so far. Ride it almost every day on freeway, tight canyons and dirt roads. It tickles me.

RR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
iceman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
Mz 660

I also am the proud owner shortlyof the bike that was in the for sale section.It is the version thats set up like enduro and i want the SM look with different wheels like the one pictured above.I ride liter bikes now 1000cc sport/tour so this should be different!!
I can't wait to go pick it up here is the picture the owner Kerry has posted.
I will post some when i get it home next week or the week after.It's like new with 1,500 miles.My garage is getting full as this is my 4th bike!!

Old 04-25-2007, 06:17 AM   #5
Baggi'tard OP
Assventure rider

Iceman, did you just pick up the copper colored one? Man, I wish I could have jumped all over that one, would be fun to have the SM and E versions. I'm working on a new look for my Baggi right now, will post a pic in a few days.

Going to find some SM model wheels or purchase some aftermarket ones?
Old 04-25-2007, 06:20 AM   #6
Baggi'tard OP
Assventure rider

Hey Ice, check out this thread..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...48#post4294448

one guy has a SM model and has thought about doing it as a dual sport. Maybe you guys can swap wheel sets!?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,266
Iceman: That's a good looking bike. Bring it down to the 1 State dualsport in western MA on May 20th. See the regional thread if you don't know the particulars. I'd love to see that one in person.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #8
comes naturally
renewed hope

Oddometer: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman
I also am the proud owner shortlyof the bike that was in the for sale section.It is the version thats set up like enduro and i want the SM look with different wheels like the one pictured above.I ride liter bikes now 1000cc sport/tour so this should be different!!
I can't wait to go pick it up here is the picture the owner Kerry has posted.
I will post some when i get it home next week or the week after.It's like new with 1,500 miles.My garage is getting full as this is my 4th bike!!

I seriously considered buying that bike! I got scared off because I couldn't figure out where to get parts.
comes naturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #9
69husky400
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by comes naturally
I seriously considered buying that bike! I got scared off because I couldn't figure out where to get parts.
Oh no, you can get parts on ebay, even if they are from Europe. I myself wish I had a little less debt because there is a YUMMY MZ 125 SM for sale locally!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:04 AM   #10
Baggi'tard OP
Assventure rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by comes naturally
don't even need to rely on Ebay, which isn't that good a place anyway. There is good cross-reference info on MZriders.com. But the motor and carb are Yamaha and most service parts can be had at Yamaha dealer, much of it is same at the old XT600 too, Yamaha has kept same oil filter for about 25 yrs now..

Plus there are several US dealers that still stock service parts. SF Moto (in San Fran) still stocks a ton of parts. I ordered fork bushings from them when Race Tech couldn't deliver the correct parts (same Marzocchi 45mm forks as found on a ton of bikes, like KTMs, Husqvarna, etc). They can order parts from Germany too. So no biggie, for the things you will need to change in several years of ownership like oil/filters, spark plugs, sprockets, chain, tires, maybe a bearing or seal, those things are easy to come by.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:44 AM   #11
69husky400
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
MZ mastiff for sale on ebay! Ends today!!!

Hi all,

The bike is not my listing (if it was, I would not be selling it). If it was in Seattle, I would be buying it. But it is in Michigan and the guy won't ship. It is at $1100 with no bids and I believe no reserve. Just thought I would let people know, in case someone near there is looking for one. I don't think I can post a link in here, but if you go to ebay you can find the bike there. Oh, almost forgot: it is a rolling chassis only, needs an engine. But if you have an engine sitting around, or a wrecked bike, it is pretty sweet!

Have a good day
Old 04-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #12
Baggi'tard OP
Assventure rider

New Theme

Decided to go with a new theme, went the bedliner route..
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #13
iceman
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggi'tard
Hey Ice, check out this thread..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...48#post4294448

one guy has a SM model and has thought about doing it as a dual sport. Maybe you guys can swap wheel sets!?

Hi,thanks i sent him a msg.when i saw that post.He gave me some great info.but i think he likes going back and forth with the wheels.He told me you can get them direct from MZ in Germany.
I'm going to NY to pick up the bike on Tuesday the first.Thanks to craigslist rides section. Then a six hour road trip back home.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
iceman
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket
Iceman: That's a good looking bike. Bring it down to the 1 State dualsport in western MA on May 20th. See the regional thread if you don't know the particulars. I'd love to see that one in person.
That sounds good! Thanks for the headsup.I grew up in mass for 35 yrs.on the south shore in the town of Weymouth.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:51 PM   #15
RR-
=====

Oddometer: 240
MZ Baghira On The Road

RR- is offline   Reply With Quote