User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
motojedi OP
asphalt adventurer

Oddometer: 1,057
Thumb great service from Riderswearhouse

I recently bought a new Darien jacket and pants. I recieved them 2 days after I ordered them.

I noticed that one of the velcro tabs inside the pants (that holds the armor in place) wasn't completely connected. I called and asked what to do and they said send it back and they would fix it or they could send me some Seam Sealer (free of course) to fix it myself, my choice.

Also, the jacket was sized to allow for some layering and I like a snugg fit. So I returned it and requested a size smaller. I expect it Monday. Only about a week after the original order.

What a wonderful breath of fresh air in an industry that usually demonstrates the opposite type of care.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:00 PM   #2
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,195
I have their courier bag. After a few months the velcro started pulling loose in one place. I called. They said send it in, we'll fix it. No charge. Didn't even want a receipt. I agree about their service.

Moto, FWIW, I don't agree about a snug jacket. Because of the material they use, the jacket will feel bulky, especially when new. It eventually loosens up. But most importantly, in winter you really want to be able to add some layers, like a heated vest and a fleece liner. The jacket handles winter really well with those extra layers. JMHO, we're all different.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
sherpa
...Robert

Oddometer: 3,175
After about 2 years of use the elbow pads in my Darien had worn holes through the goretex lining...called them up...and they said no problem just send it in...they returned it to me all fixed and with no charge... damn good company.

05 640 Adventure
08 KTM 250 XCFW

I'd trade all my motorcycles for one Flying Dragon.
sherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 05:53 PM   #4
motojedi OP
asphalt adventurer

Oddometer: 1,057
Quote:
Said wxwax:
I have their courier bag. After a few months the velcro started pulling loose in one place. I called. They said send it in, we'll fix it. No charge. Didn't even want a receipt. I agree about their service.

Moto, FWIW, I don't agree about a snug jacket. Because of the material they use, the jacket will feel bulky, especially when new. It eventually loosens up. But most importantly, in winter you really want to be able to add some layers, like a heated vest and a fleece liner. The jacket handles winter really well with those extra layers. JMHO, we're all different.
The Darien I originally ordered was very loose even when it had the Aerostitch's heaviest fleece/electric liner installed. But I agree that you want some room for layers. I want it to be snug when those layers are present, so its not overly loose when they're not.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:06 PM   #5
boxertwin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,021
Aerostich and Customer Service

Aerostich exemplifies 'Customer Service'!
They are incredible. Always friendly, always honest, always set proper expectations and deliver to those expectations. No, I do not have any personal interest in the company, in fact they've gotten lots of my money...perhaps too much but I've always gotten what I've paid for.
When I bought my Roadcrafter back in 95, I was on the phone with them giving my measurements and they sent me a suit...way too small. Sent it back, sent me another suit. Also, too small. Sent it back, sent me another. Perfect. BTW, after the first one they paid ALL shipping charges. So here I am many years after the purchase and 3 weeks ago I blow 2 zipper sliders. Called them. 2 days later in the mail I receive zipper sliders at no charge. Great folks. Pricey stuff. Good stuff. Buy from them.

BTW, my Roadcrafter's got nearly 100K on it. Perfect condition with exception of a bit of color fading...oh and I'm due for a new set of pads as they are somewhat collapsed.
boxertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 02:43 PM   #6
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,195
Quote:
Said motojedi:
The Darien I originally ordered was very loose even when it had the Aerostitch's heaviest fleece/electric liner installed. But I agree that you want some room for layers. I want it to be snug when those layers are present, so its not overly loose when they're not.
Got it, cool.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:13 PM   #7
patch29
Surly Rider

Oddometer: 7,364
I placed an order Tuesday night and it came the following Monday. Everything was in stock and where it should have been. I have been very happy with their service and products.
patch29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:41 PM   #8
mleir
Evil Doer

Oddometer: 2,052
OK sense we are all praising the wonders of 'Stich let me throw in my 2 cents worth...

1) Made an order over the weekend and selceted 2 day shipping for a higher amount then standard. I needed the stuff fast. I get a call Monday Morning from 'Stich. "Sir, if I ship your products regular you will get them in the same amount of time, saving you 10 bucks or so."
2) I got a set of Mini-BLasters last month. After the MN1K they started malfunctioning. I emailed 'Stich and told them I don't have the receipt, nor remeber the exact date I ordered the, but they are broken and was wondering if I could return them. The next day I get an email telling me where to ship them and to include a copy of this email in the return package. They also wanted to know if I wanted new speakers or a credit to my card they where purchased on.

'Stich rocks, period.

"I have large, pendulous breasts." -BMW Rider
mleir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:13 AM   #9
pmelby
Home Brew Adventurer

Oddometer: 656
Thumb Good Shopping

I visited Riderwearhouse in late March and decided on the 2 piece Roadcrafter suit. The staff was very helpful. A very satisfying shopping experience (this from a guy that truly hates shopping).

melby
pmelby is offline   Reply With Quote