ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2007, 09:09 PM   #76
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B.
I'm totally bummed. That's a hop, skip, and a jump from home and I'd love to go, but have a full, non-motorcycling, day planned. Maybe next time.
Wish you could ride along.

You can download the route off of the CannonTracks that are in GPS Central and knock it out anytime you want though . . .

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228886
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #77
Techsender
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
May make a couple of WI Rustic Roads tomorrow

I have to make sure the 19 yr old makes the noon ferry at Manitowoc tomorrow (ya what a way to spend the 4th) but the good news is I have to ride the Wee back home. I figure to take Hwy10 back to the St Paul area from Manitowoc and will "have" to detour to make some of the rustic roads.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #78
Gary B.
Older than dirt...

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot
Wish you could ride along.

You can download the route off of the CannonTracks that are in GPS Central and knock it out anytime you want though . . .

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228886
Ordered a Corbin seat this weekend and have to start planning a long distance ride to break it in. How'd your ride go? You had a beautiful day. Man, I wish I coulda gone. Had commitments at church, followed by the July 4th parade (BIG deal here in Hooterville, er, East Troy).
"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause ? you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."----- John Wayne

DR stands for "Daily Rider"

'06 Suzuki DR650SE
'06 Kawasaki Concours - 2up Cruiser
'99 Yamaha YZ400
'05 KTM 125SX-SOLD!!!
'90 KTM LC4-the bike's gone, but the memory remains, along with the oil spots on the floor
Gary B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:27 AM   #79
Techsender
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Hwy 10 from Manitowoc to Osseo WI

The first longer cruise on the Wee went well. Hauled it to Manitowoc in the back of the pickup. The 19 yr old took the truck on the ferry to Michigan, I got to ride back to the Twin Cities. I asked 3 other riders (one a BMW GS, the other two Harleys from Chicago) helped us roll the bike off the truck. Extra hands made it easier. ANyway 10 is a great road. Didnt realize it was 4 lane for half of it. Hit 4 rustic roads on the way. Watched the local police nab a Mustang right in front of me in Stevens Point. Once west of Stevens Point turned into a nicer ride. Went past the trails in Clark County , man there were a lot of ATVs using them. Short list for the Wee - butt pad - may refit the one off the Goldwing. And the JC Whitney Givi knockoff trunk does well at 85 indicated.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #80
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techsender
The first longer cruise on the Wee went well. Hauled it to Manitowoc in the back of the pickup. The 19 yr old took the truck on the ferry to Michigan, I got to ride back to the Twin Cities. I asked 3 other riders (one a BMW GS, the other two Harleys from Chicago) helped us roll the bike off the truck. Extra hands made it easier. ANyway 10 is a great road. Didnt realize it was 4 lane for half of it. Hit 4 rustic roads on the way. Watched the local police nab a Mustang right in front of me in Stevens Point. Once west of Stevens Point turned into a nicer ride. Went past the trails in Clark County , man there were a lot of ATVs using them. Short list for the Wee - butt pad - may refit the one off the Goldwing. And the JC Whitney Givi knockoff trunk does well at 85 indicated.
Sounds like you are really enjoying the Strom. Four Rustic Roads down? I'll be you knock off six more in no time. I use a sheepskin on my Strom and it works well.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #81
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B.
Ordered a Corbin seat this weekend and have to start planning a long distance ride to break it in. How'd your ride go? You had a beautiful day. Man, I wish I coulda gone. Had commitments at church, followed by the July 4th parade (BIG deal here in Hooterville, er, East Troy).
The ride was great. Let me know if you want to get together to knock off one of those Rustic Roads tracks. There are a few others that might want to join in as well.

I think that when I replace my DRZ (soon I think) I'll have to try a Corbin on whatever I pick up next.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #82
Gary B.
Older than dirt...

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Let me know if you want to get together to knock off one of those Rustic Roads tracks. There are a few others that might want to join in as well.
I'll take that as an invite! Thanks! Went on a 100 miler early this morning to beat the heat. That seat can't get here fast enough.
"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause ? you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."----- John Wayne

DR stands for "Daily Rider"

'06 Suzuki DR650SE
'06 Kawasaki Concours - 2up Cruiser
'99 Yamaha YZ400
'05 KTM 125SX-SOLD!!!
'90 KTM LC4-the bike's gone, but the memory remains, along with the oil spots on the floor
Gary B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #83
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Another Event

PM from tpunzy giving a heads up to this event.

http://www.wmgr.org/index.htm

The 23rd Annual Wisconsin Moto Guzzi Riders Rally will be held on August 3-5, 2007 at Lake Joy Campground. Registration is $30 before July 1, 2007 and $35 at the gate. We will feature Wisconsin's best grilled brats & burgers Friday evening, a pig roast Saturday evening and deluxe continental breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings. As always, Wisconsin's finest refreshments, including soft drinks, will flow from the artesian taps. Lake Joy is located in the heart of Wisconsin's "driftless" region - the area not flattened by the glacier. It is spectacularly scenic riding territory. The campground has clean modern restrooms and showers, and a 60 acre private lake (no fishing license required) with two beaches.

Do I understand correctly that $35 gets you two evening meals, two breakfasts, camping, and free beer?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #84
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,791
that Guzzi rally is on my radar..
but not very probable at this time.
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #85
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag
that Guzzi rally is on my radar..
but not very probable at this time.
I was thinking of doing the road ride option at the GRGR, but it looks like I would be the only one. I might have to check this out and run their 100 mile poker run route instead. I know a couple of others we know are making the trip as well. I don't know how they offer all they do for only $35.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #86
little john
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,041
BLATZ and road kill
little john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #87
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Bump for August events.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #88
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Doohickey Daze 2008

Tentative Doohickey Daze posted for 11-13 July 08.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255702

Cannonshot screwed with this post 08-12-2007 at 06:45 PM
Old 08-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #89
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

13 Oct Jackson Co Ride

Per request of craig6785, added 13 October Jackson Co ride.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255527
Old 08-13-2007, 04:18 AM   #90
rokklym
one man wolfpack

Oddometer: 4,420
Quote:
Per request of craig6785, added 13 October Jackson Co ride.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255527
Hey Bryan, The info you have listed for this ride is wrong. Its Jackson County Iowa near Maquoketa. I thought it was Jackson Cty Wisconsin at first too.
Chad Berger DR650, KTM 990 Adventure R
Lone Wolf Expeditions
rokklym is offline   Reply With Quote