ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #91
jsdrz400
JSDRZ400
 
jsdrz400's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Dry Prong, La
Oddometer: 8
Sure wish I was home to ride with you guys. Maybe next time. I like the way to take care of other peoples property Scott. Just glad you were wearing the right gear.
jsdrz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:37 AM   #92
LaOutbackTrail OP
Certified Smartass
 
LaOutbackTrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Denton, TX
Oddometer: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdrz400
Sure wish I was home to ride with you guys. Maybe next time. I like the way to take care of other peoples property Scott. Just glad you were wearing the right gear.


Atleast you know where the gear is that it is being well used. I think we have a decent trade for riding gear and stuff.


I do think I'll be getting my own boots this summer tho.
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #93
Navaho
Beastly Adventurer
 
Navaho's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Oddometer: 1,004
Thanks for showing me the L.O.T. I had a blast. The creek crossing was the best part, along with the warm welcome we received from the locals - "Could yall get the frick outta here".

Chip, Heath, Phil, I enjoyed riding with you guys. Hope we can do it again soon.
Navaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #94
heafer
Who spit in my visor?
 
heafer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Skreesport, LA
Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navaho
Thanks for showing me the L.O.T. I had a blast. The creek crossing was the best part, along with the warm welcome we received from the locals - "Could yall get the frick outta here".

Chip, Heath, Phil, I enjoyed riding with you guys. Hope we can do it again soon.
Pleasure riding with you too, although you made us go down more technical stuff than usual

Oh yeah, about the locals, don't forget the disrespecting part. Who knew dualsporting through a Meth party was disrespectful?
__________________
'01 KLR 650
heafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:06 AM   #95
dirty_sanchez
Dirty_Sanchez
 
dirty_sanchez's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Louisiana, Baton Rouge
Oddometer: 2,506
So ya'll ran across some unfriendlies? The tweakers at the meth party Scott and I crashed at the bridge/creek crossing were friendly as they could be-offering me a beer, and almost forcing me to walk down to the creek for the "Bruh, lemme show you the best spot to get across" bit of helpfulness.

That one guy, let's call him "Snaggle-Tooth" had the most fucked up set of rotten teeth I've ever seen. For fun, I've googled Meth Mouth before, and have yet to see a mouth like this guy sported.

Scott, thanks for showing us the area, I sure had a great time.

I wound up making great time back to Natchitoches, then on to Baton Rouge.

Dirty
__________________
No, really, the mustache means I love you.

dirty_sanchez screwed with this post 05-21-2007 at 06:36 AM
dirty_sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:24 AM   #96
badgerx
Adventurer
 
badgerx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Youngsville, LA
Oddometer: 17
What a kick ass ride. Sorry I held you guys back on the fire roads... I just don't have the skills to roll that fast on loose gravel. The single track was definately where it was at. Thanks for capturing my "moment" in the air! I'm alredy Jones'in for the next ride. I've got a little work to do to the bike before I head back out, but all is good. I'm really happy with the way my tractor handled everything. I'm bringing the camera to be developed today and hopefully will have time to post pix soon. Wish I could invite you guys down to Lafayette for a ride, but most everythign around here is FLAT... It just wouldn't hold a candle to what you've already got mapped out. great meeting all you guys 7 I hope we can get together again soon!

pb
badgerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:21 AM   #97
Navaho
Beastly Adventurer
 
Navaho's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez
So ya'll ran across some unfriendlies?

Dirty
Just one 350# , beer-bellied, flip-flop wearing, toothless woman. The rest of them were friendly, except for those little fearless attack dogs and, as expected, a chained up pit bull.

Navaho screwed with this post 05-21-2007 at 11:54 AM
Navaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #98
LaOutbackTrail OP
Certified Smartass
 
LaOutbackTrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Denton, TX
Oddometer: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerx
What a kick ass ride. Sorry I held you guys back on the fire roads... I just don't have the skills to roll that fast on loose gravel. The single track was definately where it was at. Thanks for capturing my "moment" in the air! I'm alredy Jones'in for the next ride. I've got a little work to do to the bike before I head back out, but all is good. I'm really happy with the way my tractor handled everything. I'm bringing the camera to be developed today and hopefully will have time to post pix soon. Wish I could invite you guys down to Lafayette for a ride, but most everythign around here is FLAT... It just wouldn't hold a candle to what you've already got mapped out. great meeting all you guys 7 I hope we can get together again soon!

pb
You didn't hold us back man! Ride your own ride and never let anyone convince you you ar riding too slow!
Let me know when you want to ride again and we can do some different areas.

Get them pics soon I wanna see how bad I looked as I laid crying on the ground!
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:24 AM   #99
achesley
Old Motorcyclist
 
achesley's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Jennings, Louisiana
Oddometer: 3,307
Good work on your La Outback Trail.
Afraid that once you cross US 190 the roads are gonna get long, straight, boring.
I have not been to the West Bay area in a long time but it's got some pretty good roads north to south.
Also some good stuff East of Oakdale.
A good section of beat up blacktop from east of Oberlin to just above Basile is fun.
Heck, they keep blacktopping everything down here. Ruining a bunch of good gravel roads.
Keep up the good work.
__________________

An '00 KLR 650, An '07 1250S, An '03 5.3L Chevy Truck + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #100
badgerx
Adventurer
 
badgerx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Youngsville, LA
Oddometer: 17
Finally got the pix back. I tried up load a couple, but they are too big. I'll try again when I get a chance to resize.
badgerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:59 AM   #101
LaOutbackTrail OP
Certified Smartass
 
LaOutbackTrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Denton, TX
Oddometer: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerx
Finally got the pix back. I tried up load a couple, but they are too big. I'll try again when I get a chance to resize.
Email them to me. The good ones anyways.
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:25 AM   #102
LaOutbackTrail OP
Certified Smartass
 
LaOutbackTrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Denton, TX
Oddometer: 5,054
Edited To Remove Missing Pictures!

LaOutbackTrail screwed with this post 07-21-2008 at 06:31 AM
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #103
Juice Box
Got Ink?
 
Juice Box's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Oddometer: 2,826
Nice Job Scott................
__________________
Juice


www.dualsportridersoflouisiana.com
Juice Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #104
LaOutbackTrail OP
Certified Smartass
 
LaOutbackTrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Denton, TX
Oddometer: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicemonkey
Nice Job Scott................
?
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:14 AM   #105
craftkr
"Carpe Diem"
 
craftkr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Rockport, TX
Oddometer: 568
? Any rides coming up ?
__________________
http://www.dualsportridersoflouisiana.com

BMWMOA # 132796
craftkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014