Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
kirkmoon OP
Making up for lost youth

Oddometer: 8,909
What channel will Moto GP be on in the US?

Can some one clue me in?

I don't see any listing for it on Speed or Versus any time in the next month.

How about WSB? AMA SB?

TIA
Old 02-23-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
Trailing Jack
Dr. Acula

Oddometer: 1,100
Go here: http://tvracer.com/
You'll see it listed on Sunday March 11 at 6pm est on Speed.
Not to worry!
Trailing Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,481
250's at 1700 hrs (five pm est for you mouth breathers). The hyperlinks at speed are not working yet, and I can't tivo them for another four days....but it is going to be on speed. It is on their calendar. WSB and AMA are on Speed....You can find their times by searching from the calendar on speed.

AMA http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/inde...th=&usecal=yes

WSB
http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/inde...nth=&usecal=no
Old 02-23-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,347
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Feb/070221c7.htm

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:31 AM   #5
Monkey_Boy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike
Quote:
...and Speed not motivated to close the MotoGP deal simply because MotoGP programming on Speed doesn't draw that well.
Isn't that a shame? Kudos to Speed for doing this, they sure aren't doing it for the money. All MotoGP fans ought to send them a thank you. I'm gonna.
Monkey_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:34 AM   #6
kirkmoon OP
Making up for lost youth

Thanks everyone! I was getting stressed.

I just switched back to cable from DirecTV and the search function on the cable is almost worthless compared to the TIVO search function on DirecTV.

Plus I signed up for the ultra jumbo, everything included package from my cable provider, which includes hundreds and hundreds of channels, only to discover that Speed is one of eight channels that aren't included in my package.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmoon
Plus I signed up for the ultra jumbo, everything included package from my cable provider, which includes hundreds and hundreds of channels, only to discover that Speed is one of eight channels that aren't included in my package.
Boy, I'd got postal on this. Here in Seattle, Speed is included in basic analog. I'm even considering dropping my digital cable package and going back to analog, but I keep thinking we should be getting Speed HD pretty soon and this would put me over the edge on finally getting a new HDTV and programming. Any word on Speed HD?

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #8
kirkmoon OP
Making up for lost youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn
Boy, I'd got postal on this. Here in Seattle, Speed is included in basic analog. I'm even considering dropping my digital cable package and going back to analog, but I keep thinking we should be getting Speed HD pretty soon and this would put me over the edge on finally getting a new HDTV and programming. Any word on Speed HD?

- Mark
It's amazing. Comcast took it out of their normal digital lineup and have put it into a special "sports package" along with Fox Soccer, TVG Horseracing, Fox College Sports, NBA channel, and NFL Network. Costs an additional $4.95 a month. Sheesh. Crock of s$%@.

No word from Comcast on when Speed HD is due. Looking forward to that. I have the HDTV package and it is pretty good. All the locals (I live behind a hill and can't get OTA HD reception), HBO, ESPN, NBA and a few others. I have an older TV that isn't very big and isn't a hard core HDTV, but I think that this whole HDTV has just about reached critical mass, and I am shopping for one.

Since I posted this, I did some research and have made some changes to my setup. I have been frustrated by the search functions on the HD DVR I got from Comcast and I really loved the search capabilities of the TIVO DVR that I had with DirecTV. Comcast said that they have a deal in the works with TIVO, but no product as yet. That will be great once it comes out, but it could be a while.

In the meanwhile, I just ordered a new HD DVR from TIVO to use with the cable service and should have it in by mid week. Has all kinds of cool features including the ability to send recorded shows to a DVD recording device, the ability to schedule recordings via the internet, the ability to look at pics and listen to music on the TV that are stored on our computers elsewhere in the home (via wireless connection) and the fantastic search functionality that TIVO is known for. Can't wait.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #9
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmoon
It's amazing. Comcast took it out of their normal digital lineup and have put it into a special "sports package" along with Fox Soccer, TVG Horseracing, Fox College Sports, NBA channel, and NFL Network. Costs an additional $4.95 a month. Sheesh. Crock of s$%@.
A year of the MotoGP.com premium package would be about the same price.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:53 AM   #10
kirkmoon OP
Making up for lost youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike
A year of the MotoGP.com premium package would be about the same price.
I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #11
jktpa
X-Troller

Oddometer: 770
Just hope motogp.com doesn't crash this year like it did last year!
M696
ET4
jktpa is offline   Reply With Quote