Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #46
ADVcat OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay
Looks like the Super Sherpa seat height is eight tenths of an inch taller than the DR and XT.
It could probably work, but I guess I dont want to have to consider another bike or have a bike that needs modification (like lowering). Just want to be able to buy and ride! I have it narrowed down to 2 bikes (the Yamahas). Once I pull the trigger and buy I will be sure to let everyone know.

All the opinions and past experience everyone has shared has been GREAT!! I'm really glad I signed up!!

Deb

ADVcat screwed with this post 02-25-2007 at 05:15 PM
ADVcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:26 PM   #47
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 97,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVcat
It could probably work, but I guess I dont want to have to consider another bike or have a bike that needs modification (like lowering). Just want to be able to buy and ride! I have it narrowed down to 2 bikes (the Yamahas). Once I pull the trigger and buy I will be sure to let everyone know.

All the opinions and past experience everyone has shared has been GREAT!! I'm really glad I signed up!!

Deb
Have fun with it when you get it! The little 250 class bikes are so much fun.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:26 PM   #48
bryantjt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 966
You mentioned your height but not your inseam, that will really determine how well you fit on the bike. There is a member on here who setup a KLX250S for his wife who is 5'0". That bike has more oomph and better road gearing than the Yamahas. It is taller at 34.7" seat height but if I'm not mistaken the XR is even taller. I put a 1" lowering link on my KLX and at 5'6" 30" inseam I am nearly flat footing it, it carries its weight well too if you do drop it, very easy to flip back upright.

That being said the XT225 was my first choice but none of the dealers around had any left and could not order anymore, they place their order in the winter and that's all they get for the year.
bryantjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:50 AM   #49
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer: 1,379
Eric/Deb, where exactly are you guys located at? I'm not familiar with that town. I'm just outside Allentown.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:55 AM   #50
riderchick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by willf650
Riderchick just bought a TW and since she's ridden with Eric I'm sure I can talk her into letting you try the TW if you want to take a trip down here and sit on one first hand.

Will
Hi Deb (and Eric)!

As Willf650 said, I just bought a used TW200 and have started learning how to ride (I'm taking the MSF beginner course March 15, 17, 18). I'm not planning on doing roads around here (too much traffic and too many crazy drivers in the Philly/Wilmington area for me), just dirt & the possible vacation to much more remote areas that we'd trailer the bikes to. Which means the speed and power on the TW is just fine for me. I'll leave the zipping around to Will on one of his other "toys."

So far I've done two trips on the C&D canal on the bike and it's a pretty good fit for me at 5ft 1.5 with a 28in inseam. I can just tippy toe the ground while sitting so we're looking at buying a used seat on ebay to try trimming it down to see if the compromise between touching the ground and having less padding on my rear is worth it.

Don't know anyone with the other bikes for you to compare to, but you are welcome to come down to DE and try the TW out if you want. (We're trailer-less until the end of March so no upcoming road trips to PA for us right now) Drop me a PM or email to coordinate calendars if you're interested.

Jennifer
Old 02-26-2007, 07:00 AM   #51
Tantrum
Condescending Nag

Oddometer: 516
Dr200

Welcome to the fold ADVcat ! Have fun choosing your steed. I'm a 5'2" female and I love my DR200 but, learned on my DR650. Everyone has made an excellent case for each of the bikes you're considering. I liked the fit of the lil' DR because it felt more like my 650 as apposed to the tiny position and feel of the TW or XT. I've taken it up to 80 (to see if it would) but, I usually keep it at 65. Can ride all week on one tank and it's fun in the twisties too!
"Life's odyssey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting,"...holy shit...what a ride!"
Blessed are the flexible, for they will never be bent out of shape
The purpose of fun is to have it
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:09 AM   #52
Outwardbound
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum
. I've taken it up to 80 (to see if it would) but, I usually keep it at 65. !
EIGHTY ! Yikes ! You must be a LOW DRAG rider ! Mine wouldn't go eighty if I dropped it out of an airplane ! ('least not w MY fat butt onboard)

Outwardbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:11 AM   #53
ADVcat OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Welcome to the fold ADVcat ! Have fun choosing your steed.

Tantrum,
Thanks for the welcome aboard. Greatly appreciate your input. Its funny you should mention choosing my steed, because we just got back from the bike dealership and I am proud to say I just purchsed my first bike!!! I'm now waiting for the bike to arrive to its new home. Cant stand the anticipation!! I will have pics to follow as soon as I get her!!

Deb

PS You will all have to wait for pics to see the decision
Old 02-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #54
wide open
in second gear

Oddometer: 347
Quote:

Ooohh, you're evil!

I keep the my XT in Allentown, too, and want to put some miles on it as soon as my collarbone heals. Maybe several of us can meet up for a ride some time?

So, you want to tease us by saying which town you bought the bike in at least?
wide open is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:41 AM   #55
ADVcat OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide open
Ooohh, you're evil!
I will tell you the dealership sells 4 of the major brands of bikes. Be patient my fellow rider, you will know soon enough.

AAAHHHGG!! I CANT WAIT UNTIL THEY DELIVER HER!! THE WAIT IS KILLING ME! Did anyone else feel this way when they got their first bike?

Deb
Old 02-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #56
ADVcat OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger
Eric/Deb, where exactly are you guys located
Dan
We are just south of Easton near Upper Black Eddy. Eric runs many Bucks County rides during the season so keep an eye on the board for them. I am not quite ready for road riding just yet, so I will not be on those rides.

Deb
Old 02-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #57
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Eh?

Quote:

Dang! Do we have to wait? We wanna know!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #58
wickedsprint
Banned

Oddometer: 2,386
I fail to see the point in not telling us, if you're worried about insulting people, it won't make any difference to them whether or not you bought the bike yet when you tell them which one you decided on. *shrugs* Good luck with it.
wickedsprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #59
Tantrum
Condescending Nag

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
AAAHHHGG!! I CANT WAIT UNTIL THEY DELIVER HER!! THE WAIT IS KILLING ME! Did anyone else feel this way when they got their first bike?
When my first bike was loaded up for the trip home I was on an emotional high. I hugged my friends right arm and started jumping up and down like a kid on Christmas morning As good as that felt, it only gets better w/ more rides and each bike Congrats! The suspense will keep us all tuned in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outwardbound
EIGHTY ! Yikes ! You must be a LOW DRAG rider ! Mine wouldn't go eighty if I dropped it out of an airplane ! ('least not w MY fat butt onboard)

Even if I do have "LOW DRAG" the key is to griptwist at full throttle - waaaiit for it.....,waaaaiit for it.........
"Life's odyssey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting,"...holy shit...what a ride!"
Blessed are the flexible, for they will never be bent out of shape
The purpose of fun is to have it
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #60
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Quote:
Even if I do have "LOW DRAG" the key is to griptwist at full throttle - waaaiit for it.....,waaaaiit for it.........

I could only get mine up to 72. But actually we found out my wife's 200 is a little faster than mine...to her endless amusement.

I like your taste in motorcycles...we have two DR650's, too. You're right, DR's are like potato chips.

Now Deb is keeping us at the edge of our seats. I'll be sick with jealousy if she gets one of those TW200's.