Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #76
jonz
Miles are my mantra

Oddometer: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonz
1. ..... Around 100 yards later where the little white dog with brown spots attacks you, turn right ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider
Good stuff.

That little bastard has been there the last two years. Even boots to the head don't stop him. Just made him more cautious.
Honda ST1300 ABS (newest addition to the stable)
STOC #326 IBA #217
jonz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:34 PM   #77
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,130
Quote:
Quote:
1. ..... Around 100 yards later where the little white dog with brown spots attacks you, turn right ....

That little bastard has been there the last two years. Even boots to the head don't stop him. Just made him more cautious.
I'll actually look for him next time I'm there, even if staying somewhere else.
I dig dogs, and I respect their chosen mission.

Now, the ones out on San Raymundo wash are a different story...
Maybe El Gasipe will pop in here.
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:47 AM   #78
Highwayman
Saddle Up

Oddometer: 179
I'm planning a trip to Creel and Copper Canyon in late April '08 and this info will prove invaluable. Thanks to everyone that contributed...maybe I'll be able to soon.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #79
Lone Rider

State/Province/Department: Sonora
City: Sonoyta
Name: Hotel San Francisco
Address/Directions: Westside on Hwy 2, just south of main intersection to the border
Cost: $30ish
Parking: in front of your room, motel courtyard
Date: '07
Comments: Restaurant attached, good torta shop a block north on left, attractive owner has beautiful long hair
Old 12-22-2007, 03:45 PM   #80
Lone Rider

State/Province/Department: Quintana Roo
City: Isla Mujeres
Name: Hotel Carmelita
Address/Directions: Turn left after leaving ferry, take first right available, go past small square, left on one-way left, see sign, hotel on left, hotel is about 3-4 blocks in from the seaside blvd, most inner streets are one way
Cost: $30ish
Parking: in front of your room, motel style courtyard
Comments: very convenient, secure

Lone Rider screwed with this post 12-22-2007 at 03:53 PM
Old 12-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #81
Lone Rider

State/Province/Department: Yucatan
City: Chichen Itza
Name: Dolores Alba
Address/Directions: Northside of Hwy 180 (libre) about 1k east of hotel zone and that road split, prominent road frontage w/large palapa
Cost: $35ish
Parking: in front of your room w/bike
Comments: Nice motel w/restaurant and 2 swim pools, considered this as a true bargain for this area
Old 12-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #82
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Oddometer: 2,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman
I'm planning a trip to Creel and Copper Canyon in late April '08 and this info will prove invaluable. Thanks to everyone that contributed...maybe I'll be able to soon.
Good luck on your trip. We'll be looking forward to your shared info and TRIP REPORT!

No, it's not a Harley , it's a BMW.
Nata Harli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #83
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Comments: Restaurant attached, good torta shop a block north on left, attractive owner has beautiful long hair
Now those are the kind of helpful comments we need .

Seriously, thanks for all the great information, LR.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #84
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Google Map

I'm trying to incorporate this info into Google Maps. I'm not that familiar with GM so am not sure if anyone else can get to this information. Give it a try and reply to this post to let me know you can see all the information I have input so far. If you can see it, I'll continue to update the map when I get time.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...69141&z=5&om=1

Old 12-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #85
Lone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nata Harli
I'm trying to incorporate this info into Google Maps. I'm not that familiar with GM so am not sure if anyone else can get to this information. Give it a try and reply to this post to let me know you can see all the information I have input so far. If you can see it, I'll continue to update the map when I get time.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...69141&z=5&om=1
I think it's great, but one concern is the size of the symbols eventually becoming so cluttering that you can't navigate. For some places we'll have several listings in one town. How will the bunk symbols stack?

The Juice, to me, would be the ability to click on a State and see a list of cities, then another click gives you what info has been input. Maybe a bunk symbol in a State where we have a listing...dunno.

Maybe I'm all wet here, but just within a very small area of the Copper Canyon, we could have up tp a dozen different cities, and then several choices within each.

What you've done is great - well beyond my puter abilities - and I appreciate it. Please don't take my post as being negative.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #86
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
I think it's great, but one concern is the size of the symbols eventually becoming so cluttering that you can't navigate. For some places we'll have several listings in one town. How will the bunk symbols stack?

The Juice, to me, would be the ability to click on a State and see a list of cities, then another click gives you what info has been input. Maybe a bunk symbol in a State where we have a listing...dunno.

Maybe I'm all wet here, but just within a very small area of the Copper Canyon, we could have up tp a dozen different cities, and then several choices within each.

What you've done is great - well beyond my puter abilities - and I appreciate it. Please don't take my post as being negative.
I know exactly what you mean about the size of the symbols but I can't find any way to edit them. One thing you can do is just scroll in further and they make more sense. But, I'm glad that you can at least get to the map.

I'm sure there is a better way to do what I'm doing but I'm glad you can get to them. When I have a little more time, I'll try and do some more research and make the map more usable. Right now, I'll go ahead and enter the hotels from this thread into the map. That way, at least you will be able to open up the map and see what hotels might be near where you are heading. When I get back from my trip and have a little more time I'll try and refine the maps to make them more usable.

Thanks for taking a look and thanks for all your information. Either you keep really good notes or you have a fantastic memory but the info is great. I'm hoping to get some more good input after this season.

Merry Christmas .

Old 12-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #87
Lone Rider

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean about the size of the symbols but I can't find any way to edit them. One thing you can do is just scroll in further and they make more sense. But, I'm glad that you can at least get to the map.

I'm sure there is a better way to do what I'm doing but I'm glad you can get to them. When I have a little more time, I'll try and do some more research and make the map more usable. Right now, I'll go ahead and enter the hotels from this thread into the map. That way, at least you will be able to open up the map and see what hotels might be near where you are heading. When I get back from my trip and have a little more time I'll try and refine the maps to make them more usable.

Thanks for taking a look and thanks for all your information. Either you keep really good notes or you have a fantastic memory but the info is great. I'm hoping to get some more good input after this season.

Merry Christmas .
Thanks for putting out the effort.
The logging of this travel info is what this forum has needed since its inception.
Don't have too much fun when you go south and ride safe, Nata.

You may wanna touch base with geode, our Tent Space God. You guys might be able to trade ideas regarding how to keep up with all this valuable stuff.

Let me add: If you ever feel bogged down and want help (a break, or more), please say so - short term or long term.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:09 PM   #88
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Thanks for putting out the effort.
The logging of this travel info is what this forum has needed since its inception.
It's been kind of fun so far. I'm getting better acquainted with Mexico and Central America by doing this.

Quote:
Don't have too much fun when you go south and ride safe, Nata.
I'm planning on having way too much fun and I plan on riding very safely.

Quote:
You may wanna touch base with geode, our Tent Space God. You guys might be able to trade ideas regarding how to keep up with all this valuable stuff.
I'll do that when I get back. That was a great idea he had and I hope people are using it.

Quote:
Let me add: If you ever feel bogged down and want help (a break, or more), please say so - short term or long term.
Boy, you're really opening up the barn door here, aren't you. I appreciate the offer and I might be calling on you one day.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #89
Lone Rider

Quote:
It's been kind of fun so far. ......

Boy, you're really opening up the barn door here, aren't you. I appreciate the offer and I might be calling on you one day.
If it starts to bug you, just holler....seriously.
We don't want you to bleed out...
Old 12-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #90
LawnDart
Oh Really??

Oddometer: 155
Try this file:

Ah crap, it won't upload.

I edited the hotel info in Google Earth, organized into folders you can turn on and off and adjusted the size of the icon. It's all in a .kmz file. But I can't upload it.

Looks good....... I swear.

It's a great but if you cn't share it and have access to edit it for all, then I don't know what it's worth.

I can try e-mailing it if someone cares.
LawnDart is offline   Reply With Quote