User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008, 12:46 AM   #31
jashui
n00b

Oddometer: 4
examining the miline jacket

the jacket size is a 44 and i wear a size 40 american suit. i have broad shoulders and slim waist. the jacket uses a velcro belt to tighten the waist. i have a 31 inch waist and 5'8 inch tall. there is plenty of room for a wider person. the arms have plenty of room even for body builders. i'm not a body builder. the cuff of the sleeve has a snap to tighen around the waist.

the jacket is made with leather all around and solid pieces, not stiched up small pieces. the leather feels really thick and the jacket is heavy, even without the armor. i tried to look closely at the stiching and it looks to be double stitching. it looks and feel good and comfortable.

for the price for this jacket, it is better than expected.
jashui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #32
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Oddometer: 804
based upon the review AND that I can return it for a full refund...

I just ordered one myself....

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
hondahawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #33
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
based upon the review AND that I can return it for a full refund...

I just ordered one myself....
Great. Let me know when you get it in so I can check it out.

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #34
xroad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
Did you order the Melbourne jacket from Competition Accessories? I thought I remember I spoke with them and there is no refund, just exchange. Maybe I remember wrong.

Everyone say how good the Foxcreek jackets were. I ordered one and returned it. Maybe I am just picky but at that price, I nit pick on every little thing.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #35
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xroad
Did you order the Melbourne jacket from Competition Accessories? I thought I remember I spoke with them and there is no refund, just exchange. Maybe I remember wrong.

Everyone say how good the Foxcreek jackets were. I ordered one and returned it. Maybe I am just picky but at that price, I nit pick on every little thing.
I called today and asked... I am not a small dude - 6ft, 220Lb, 33inseem - wear a a 50/52 jacket depending... I was concerned that the 54 size might be a bit small.. I wasn't going to buy it - unless I could return it for $$ if it didn't fit...They said ok... I don't have the exchage for a bigger size issue..

Friend of mine has a the daker in 54 and it's a bit big and they are also supposed to run small.. He's actually looking for a size smaller and he's about the same size more or less... It's a great jacket, I covet it but he loves it and probably won't part till he gets a replacement for it.. I recently got a firstgear dakar off ebay for super cheap like 40/50 bucks for my GF - In needs a zipper and a snap but it's solid. It's a great jacket but no armour in it, which is why I want to try the miline..

Old 08-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #36
natefalls
Stunt Cock

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashui
the jacket size is a 44 and i wear a size 40 american suit. i have broad shoulders and slim waist. the jacket uses a velcro belt to tighten the waist. i have a 31 inch waist and 5'8 inch tall. there is plenty of room for a wider person. the arms have plenty of room even for body builders. i'm not a body builder. the cuff of the sleeve has a snap to tighen around the waist.

the jacket is made with leather all around and solid pieces, not stiched up small pieces. the leather feels really thick and the jacket is heavy, even without the armor. i tried to look closely at the stiching and it looks to be double stitching. it looks and feel good and comfortable.

for the price for this jacket, it is better than expected.
So, any pictures of how the thing looks on you? It looks great in the catalog, but unfortunately I'm not shaped like a catalog, so iwas hoping to get an idea of how it looks on an actual dude.
natefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:02 AM   #37
euromotorcycles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Jamin 3/4

I found this on the net .They have 2 models that I like (the 3/4 leather with venting and liner and another similar one that is reversible to a codura jacket.)

http://www.jaminleather.net/products.asp?dept=27

32"COWHIDE PARKA

Item# M2923K
Light quilted lining 32" long cowhide leather. $119.99

REVERSIBLE VENTED CRUISER

Item# MMX3020LV
30% OFF IF YOU ORDER NOW! Vented, Reversible Water Resistant Rain Gear. $169.99

HOODED CAR LEATHER COAT

Item# M2918
Zip Out Acrylic Fur Lining, Zip Off Hood. $69.99

TRIBAL BEAD FRINGED LEATHER BLAZER

Item# M2537BBFK
Ultra Soft, Top Grain, Full Nylon Lining, Indian Mini Bead Inlays, Hand Laced Stitching. $169.99

3/4 CRUISER VENTED JACKET

Item# M3020VZ
Vented, 3/4 Length, Removable Belt, Premium Buffalo. $169.99

CREAM LAMB FRINGED LEATHER BLAZER

Item# M2537BBFW
Indian Mini Bead Inlays, Top Grain, Cream Colored Lambskin, Full Nylon Lining. $209.99

BONE BEAD BROWN FRINGED LEATHER COAT

Item# M2633BBFN
Top Grain Buffalo, Light Quilted Nylon Lining. Was $249.99 sale $219.99

euromotorcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #38
RonkoRider
Wrong Island, NY

Oddometer: 1,486
A 3/4 jacket ain't sh*t without the fringe!

RonkoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #39
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvb1019
A 3/4 jacket ain't sh*t without the fringe!

if you want to be prepared to to the achey brakey heart and look like a poofta - your all set....

I am intested in the miline cause it has protection / ie pad for the back and sleeves...

Full grain 1.5-1.7mm leather
Double stitched seams>
Full length zip-out thermo liner
CE rated armor in arms, shoulders, back>

those others don't have squat

Old 08-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #40
euromotorcycles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Why still no rider reviews on the Miline Melbourn

It would be nice to have some rider reviews on the Miline Melbourne Leather Jacket.The jacket looks great and the specs are promissing but is it a good desing for a motorcycle jacket .

A few years ago a friend bought a similar heavy duty leather jacket w/o armor that was made in Pakistan it was nice but not so good for motorcycling.

Major flaws were:

-One way zipper only w/o flap (on a long jacket you like to open the bottom for comfort).

-No vents.

-No zipper at the bottom of the sleeves.

-Thick stiff leather (felt like an armor and would creep up your neck and armpits when seated on the bike+ not much flex in sleeves).

-No adjustable closing flap at collar.

-Hard to use pockets when riding .

-Over 10 lbs on your back.

-No extra removable liner.

-No reflective material for being seen at night.

-No armor or extra leather padding protection.

-Not a North American standard fit (tight at shoulders and kind of loose at the chest).

This was not a well designed jacket for motorcycling even if it was good looking and well made,it was impractical and not fun to use when riding a motorcycle.
euromotorcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:30 PM   #41
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

ok.. Jacket arrived today... I have also recent got a leather kilimanjaro for my g/f..

The Miline leather isn't a smooth and supple as some others - it's thick, but coarser - I can't speak to what it stronger - it's got some weight to it - It has pads in the elbows and the back. It's got double stiching everywere - it's not what I would call refined and cool - but it appears to be VERY functional jacket. It looks very durable, my only real concern will be with venting - the liner makes if feel like a very warm jacket - but I wonder how it will do with out it ie how well air will flow with it.. I will have more after a ride..

My only real issue is that I got the distressed one and it's more brown than grey ... and the zipper pull comes from the left instead of the right...

Old 09-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #42
jashui
n00b

Oddometer: 4
an update on the jacket after wearing it

i wore this jacket about 4 times, it has seen maybe 250 miles. it has held up and protected me from the cold. it is kinda hot in the hot weather and the only way to cool it is by loosening my sleeves to let air in. the only fault that i encountered is the zipper. the part that goes into the zipper head to zip up the jacket is defective. the plastic is coming loose from the fabric, thus not allowing me to insert the zipper into the zipperhead to start the zip. i think it's from my riding. since it's a 3/4 length, it extends down towards your legs. since you need to spread you legs while riding, it causes a strain on the bottom of the zipper, pulling it apart.

this thing needs a sturdier zipper . i contacted the store and they will repair it. i need to send it to them though and will be without a jacket.
jashui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:52 AM   #43
natefalls
Stunt Cock

Oddometer: 102
So how about some pictures of how it looks on an actual dude?
natefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #44
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by natefalls
So how about some pictures of how it looks on an actual dude?
ok

Old 09-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #45
xroad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 774
I was seriousely considering this Miline Melbourne jacket. Decided against it. There are lots of little things that are important in order for it to be a true motorcycle jacket. There are plenty of motorcycle STYLE jackets but they are NOT motorcycle jackets. Issues like strong zippers, bi-directional zippers, vents, armors, double and triple stitching at the seams, where the primary failure occurs, tight closures at the cuff so your arm do not slide out into the pavement when you make contact. The only way you get all those considerations is to buy a brand that makes real track suits. Even then, many of those brands also makes jackets that have a less strict spec than their track suits. Thickness of leather is not everything, although I put that at a very high priority just because it makes me phychologicaly more comfortable. Many race suits have thinner gauge leathers to reduce weight. Stitiching is the top priority. As nice and tempting as the Melbourn, there are a few issues to address.