Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
Idratherberiding OP
my KTM 950 Adventure!

Oddometer: 230
The thanks thread.

Been a little while since I logged on, due I was out riding for a while, and that is my excuse ok?

Got back today and wanted to post a reply to the thread 'What happened to the mateship of the motorcyclists?', ... but noticed it is closed now.
Wtf??
Anyway in the interest of acknowledging appropriately, I will tell my short story in a new thread since I can't add to the last.

I am a Vic and on an orange coloured motorcycle innocently parked in the shoulder-lane at Mt York turn-off in Blue Mtns NSW recently. I was on my phone at the time due contacting another rider from Qld due to meet me that day for a local rendezvous, as we were both attending the same event scheduled for the following day.
After a short interval (due facing the wrong way re traffic flow, while on the phone), I noticed a ute type vehicle had stopped behind me in the shoulder-lane.
It was a bloke enquiring if all was ok re my being stopped there...

Thanks to the good samaritan who stopped, even though there was nothing wrong and no assistance needed, as I appreciated it, and thought of the (now closed; again wtf?) thread on this site as a consequence.

Feel free to add to this thread in a positive way of thanks for whatever, or ignore it if you need to...
I've travelled a long way,
~ and most of the roads weren't paved!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
Annie & Her Dad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
3... 2... 1...

Numbers

Old 10-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
TB650
Would be Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Great idea There is never enough positive here or in the world in general

I got a flat yesterday after I rejoined the bitumen near Rockley NSW. I had all the gear so I set about fixing it on the nature strip. First guy in closest property / house yells out do I need a compressor, no thanks I yelled. Do you need a patch kit, no thanks I yelled. You will have a cold beer but wont you, he yelled. F&#k yeah I yelled . He didn't ride, has never ridden just helpful. During the tube change and tyre repair two other utes stopped and a mine service truck to see if I was ok (repair wasn't a 10 min 4 day style job due to the beer and everyone stopping)
Was the best I have ever felt after a road side tube change

(Having to limp home because of 5 broken spokes wasn't fun but thats another story)

TB
Old 10-22-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
havafati
Yassdafarian

Oddometer: 2,020
Top Idea.

Last year on the way home from the Cold Flame rally my Battery packed it in between Cooma and Canberra. As I rolled to bottom of the hill I spotted a drive way with deep drainage on either side. Perfect I thought, easy to load the bike on to the ute, if the Wife can get here. Pull out the camp chair sit down and proceed to call the Wife to get my ute to come get me. Posted my predicament on the book of face and was immediately asked if I needed a hand from fellow ADVer Jingellic86. She rounded up her husband and son to go down and give me a hand, such a generous effort. In the mean time my wife arrived to get me. Backed the ute down into the drain to load the bike and trailer, next minute a ute pulls up on the other side of the fence in the farm I was parked beside. Two fellas get out "G'day mate we was scoping you out for the last hour not sure if you was buggered or not". They jump the fence and proceed to manhandle everything neatly onto the ute. Just as we finished Mr Jingellic86 and Jr showed up, they help tie everything down then off we go. They followed me to their turn off to make sure all was well. And it was.
Could not of be more proud to be an Aussie and an ADVer that day. The way people just came out of the woodwork to lend a hand was just fantastic. This is just one of the many reasons I stop and lend a hand myself, karma. Thank You all.

Cheers
Fati
Old 10-22-2014, 11:49 PM   #5
Uncle Crumpet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
What's the point of "thanking" anonymous members of joe public that aren't in some way associated with this site, there not going to see it anyway? You would have thanked them at the time I assume, why do the rest of us need to know you did on the Internet as well?
Ducati 907ie.83 TT600 KTM 640 Adventure
Etz 250 Guzzi Quota 1000
Old 10-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #6
southern cross
WARDY

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB650 View Post
Great idea There is never enough positive here or in the world in general

I got a flat yesterday after I rejoined the bitumen near Rockley NSW. I had all the gear so I set about fixing it on the nature strip. First guy in closest property / house yells out do I need a compressor, no thanks I yelled. Do you need a patch kit, no thanks I yelled. You will have a cold beer but wont you, he yelled. F&#k yeah I yelled . He didn't ride, has never ridden just helpful. During the tube change and tyre repair two other utes stopped and a mine service truck to see if I was ok (repair wasn't a 10 min 4 day style job due to the beer and everyone stopping)
Was the best I have ever felt after a road side tube change

(Having to limp home because of 5 broken spokes wasn't fun but thats another story)

TB
Was that on the road to Rockley from Oberon? I went that way a year ago on the Strom. and almost had the bars shaken free from my grip. One of the roughest roads without any smooth sections I have ridden. Not surprised if this road made your problems.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #7
Brute
Melbourne , outer east .

Oddometer: 1,029
It`s a great idea and I`d like to sing my thanks to everyone .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0FlLJsroRE
Old Yesterday, 12:52 AM   #8
Doctor
Keyboard Renagade

Oddometer: 7,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie & Her Dad View Post
3... 2... 1...

Numbers
being negative , has a positive effect
Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM   #9
jtb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Crumpet View Post
What's the point of "thanking" anonymous members of joe public that aren't in some way associated with this site, there not going to see it anyway? You would have thanked them at the time I assume, why do the rest of us need to know you did on the Internet as well?
What's the point of being a negative prick in a positive thread? Why do the rest of us need to know your negative view of people's positive interaction with other human beings? Get yourself another bag of lemons...

SOFT TO THE CORE OUTBACK NSW & SA RIDE REPORT JULY 2014
Old Yesterday, 01:16 AM   #10
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Oddometer: 12,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
It`s a great idea and I`d like to sing my thanks to everyone .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0FlLJsroRE

Yup, and deserves embedding

Rip Lionel

Old Yesterday, 01:50 AM   #11
Doctor
Keyboard Renagade

RIP record
Old Yesterday, 02:12 AM   #12
ararat
Dr. BMW and Mr KTM

Oddometer: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb View Post
What's the point of being a negative prick in a positive thread? Why do the rest of us need to know your negative view of people's positive interaction with other human beings? Get yourself another bag of lemons...
Lemonchelo!!
Old Yesterday, 02:24 AM   #13
Doctor
Keyboard Renagade

some body slip the wrong button
Old Yesterday, 02:40 AM   #14
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,712
I would like to thank everyone on this site who over the years has saved me thousands of dollars by answering all my "whats wrong with my bike " posts. I have thanked you then and I thank you now
Old Yesterday, 02:49 AM   #15
philth
philth

Oddometer: 5,959
id like to thank the bloke who helped me out of the bog hole on the first competitive of the sa 24 hour
i was fucked and ready to pull the pin and the ride had only started
thanks mate