ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 AM   #5746
Muddler
Studly Adventurer
 
Muddler's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Dardanup, Western Australia
Oddometer: 688
Seat concepts

Im going to order a Seat Concepts cover for my DRZ. Any recommendations for upholsterers, and what would you expect to pay? Adventure Moto are going to charge $65 plus postage to send the seat pan to NSW
Muddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:56 AM   #5747
vk6yjs
The answer is yes
 
vk6yjs's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Byford Western Australia
Oddometer: 558
All confused now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bully1 View Post
done some calculations

Perth to Hopetoun on Saturday......585 kms
Hopetoun to Kalgarin on Sunday......240 kms
Kalgarin to Perth on Monday ...........315 kms

got a few others I think

Graelin on the R1100S ( bike from memory )
Ian ( reklaw ) on the F650 GS
Jay wanting to kill that DRZ
Steve on the GSA

gunna do some toe drag wheelies on the Ural, surf the rock and ride some tin horses, might even have a slide on the corkscrew.




Shit I'm all confused now. The DRZ is setup to camp good and proper.
Bully recons this is tar ride so I think the Harley is the bike to ride.
Now the Harley is a Sporty with no luggage just a backpack?

Which bike do I ride? (pack)
It's a forum, comments invited (and rejected) Hehehehhe

Cheers Jay
__________________
1995 Yamaha TTR250 OE (rebuilt and loving it .....Again)
2011 Zook DRZ400E (Deceased)

2013 Zook DRZ400E (New one arrived) Wish I could ride it properly.
vk6yjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:00 AM   #5748
vk6yjs
The answer is yes
 
vk6yjs's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Byford Western Australia
Oddometer: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
Im going to order a Seat Concepts cover for my DRZ. Any recommendations for upholsterers, and what would you expect to pay? Adventure Moto are going to charge $65 plus postage to send the seat pan to NSW

Well I don't know if I got special treatment because I paid cash and I worked across the road but Canning Motor Trimmers in Maddington did mine for $30? bucks . I did strip my old seat and its was a seat concepts skin.


Cheers Jay

PS Call in at Mobile Masters across the road ask for Jay if you go there.
__________________
1995 Yamaha TTR250 OE (rebuilt and loving it .....Again)
2011 Zook DRZ400E (Deceased)

2013 Zook DRZ400E (New one arrived) Wish I could ride it properly.
vk6yjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #5749
Muddler
Studly Adventurer
 
Muddler's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Dardanup, Western Australia
Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk6yjs View Post
Well I don't know if I got special treatment because I paid cash and I worked across the road but Canning Motor Trimmers in Maddington did mine for $30? bucks . I did strip my old seat and its was a seat concepts skin.


Cheers Jay

PS Call in at Mobile Masters across the road ask for Jay if you go there.
Thanks Jay, useful info. Makes the seat bearable for a little while longer?
Cheers
Rob
Muddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #5750
Reklaw59
Softroader
 
Reklaw59's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Perth. West Oz
Oddometer: 205
Adapt

Jay, I believe you have Wolfman bags? If they are throwovers, then chuck on the Harley, holdall bag on the pillion and maybe a back pack, easy.
Oh, and join the RAC, or bring a tow rope.



( I hope it's not an omen, but when I rode with you and Guzzi last time, I broke my nose.)
Reklaw59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #5751
bully1
Beastly Adventurer
 
bully1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth west aussie
Oddometer: 3,829
strap a drybag on the Sporty, at least you'll keep up.
__________________
'02 GSX 1400 outfit........coming together ( slowly )
'06 HUSKY TE510.............no wearing out front tyres ( pity about the rears )
'06 HUSKY TE610............ lots of power on tap
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #5752
FIIG Rick
FAT CHICKS NEED LOVIN TOO
 
FIIG Rick's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: South West of WA
Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk6yjs View Post
Shit I'm all confused now. The DRZ is setup to camp good and proper.
Bully recons this is tar ride so I think the Harley is the bike to ride.
Now the Harley is a Sporty with no luggage just a backpack?

Which bike do I ride? (pack)
It's a forum, comments invited (and rejected) Hehehehhe

Cheers Jay
A sportster!!!!!!, mate you'll have to hide it out the back, I've got a reputation to live up to, now there is a nice jayco expanda caravan for people who can't fit too much kit but bedding is a must
__________________
I'm not an Alcoholic, I'm an Australian
FIIG Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #5753
Gobby
Trust Me!
 
Gobby's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk6yjs View Post
Shit I'm all confused now. The DRZ is setup to camp good and proper.
Bully recons this is tar ride so I think the Harley is the bike to ride.
Now the Harley is a Sporty with no luggage just a backpack?

Which bike do I ride? (pack)
It's a forum, comments invited (and rejected) Hehehehhe

Cheers Jay
Take your TTR250...........!
__________________
4 Wheels, move the Body, but 2 Wheels, move the Soul
............(3 wheels = cold beer and a comfy bed)............

Lets Ride
Gobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #5754
fatgut
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Perth WA
Oddometer: 585
India

After 3 weeks in India I have woked out the horn tooting system.
1 toot = turn right
1 toot = turn left
1 toot = stopping
1 toot = going straight through intersection
all short toots may be subsited with long toots at any time.
The buses have right of way at all times.
A cow has right of way at all times.
A bike has no rights unless your a big Aussie covered in tatts.
Kev.
fatgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #5755
59DEN
Studly Adventurer
 
59DEN's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Albany, Western Australia
Oddometer: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgut View Post
After 3 weeks in India I have woked out the horn tooting system.
1 toot = turn right
1 toot = turn left
1 toot = stopping
1 toot = going straight through intersection
all short toots may be subsited with long toots at any time.
The buses have right of way at all times.
A cow has right of way at all times.
A bike has no rights unless your a big Aussie covered in tatts.
Kev.
Good to hear from you Kev, sounds like you are doing it tough
59DEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #5756
OutbackDreamer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OutbackDreamer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Perth, West Australia
Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgut View Post
After 3 weeks in India I have woked out the horn tooting system.
1 toot = turn right
1 toot = turn left
1 toot = stopping
1 toot = going straight through intersection
all short toots may be subsited with long toots at any time.
The buses have right of way at all times.
A cow has right of way at all times.
A bike has no rights unless your a big Aussie covered in tatts.
Kev.
Kev,
I've just returned from Banglaore - India, and I reckon you forgot about:
1 toot = informing vehicle in front someone is behind
1 toot = informing vehicle behind someone is in front
1 toot = informing vehicle to the side someone is there
1 toot = informing pedestrian (every) someone is on the road
1 toot = light is green time to move

What bike were you riding? The biggest I saw was a 220cc. If you had a big bike, plus being a big Aussie with tatts - they would of been in awe

Gaz
__________________

'09 KTM 690R - Adv
'14 Yamaha FJR1300A
Previously owned: '92 XT350, 89 FJ1200, '99 VFR800
"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien
OutbackDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #5757
fatgut
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Perth WA
Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutbackDreamer View Post
Kev,
I've just returned from Banglaore - India, and I reckon you forgot about:
1 toot = informing vehicle in front someone is behind
1 toot = informing vehicle behind someone is in front
1 toot = informing vehicle to the side someone is there
1 toot = informing pedestrian (every) someone is on the road
1 toot = light is green time to move

What bike were you riding? The biggest I saw was a 220cc. If you had a big bike, plus being a big Aussie with tatts - they would of been in awe

Gaz
We are on Royal enfield 500 injected ,group of 16 bikes,once we get going through a intersection we normaly get right of way, Pluss 3 big blokes at the front helps.
Kev
fatgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #5758
neilaction
Slightly Less Adventurous
 
neilaction's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, WA.
Oddometer: 6,269
G'day Kev.
__________________
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, its probably electrical.
2009 Honda CBF1000, 1980 Suzuki GS1000ST (Aus spec), Dr6fiddy,
neilaction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:52 AM   #5759
bully1
Beastly Adventurer
 
bully1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth west aussie
Oddometer: 3,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilaction View Post
G'day Kev.


Fuck me no action is alive. hi Neil.
__________________
'02 GSX 1400 outfit........coming together ( slowly )
'06 HUSKY TE510.............no wearing out front tyres ( pity about the rears )
'06 HUSKY TE610............ lots of power on tap
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #5760
neilaction
Slightly Less Adventurous
 
neilaction's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Perth, WA.
Oddometer: 6,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by bully1 View Post
Fuck me no action is alive. hi Neil.
G'day Bully.
__________________
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, its probably electrical.
2009 Honda CBF1000, 1980 Suzuki GS1000ST (Aus spec), Dr6fiddy,
neilaction is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014