ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #6046
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
1978 Scout II for sale: Sold!!!!!

-99% rust free.
-345 V8 with 2bbl carb
-Approx 106,000 miles
-Auto trans
-3" SUA lift
-Reverse shackle front suspension
-3.07 Dana44 axles, open diffs.
-TeraLow 3.15:1 Dana20 Transfer case (makes low range the same as a stock auto-trans/2:1 Dana20 with 4.88 gears).
-16" wheels with 265/75R16 (32x10.50) Geolanders.
-Rear bumper has ball hitch with bolt-on receiver hitch (used it to tow a travel trailer 75 miles once).
-Bedliner'd interior
-Roll bar
-Aftermarket three point seat belts
-Tall-back bucket seats with center console
-Averages 18mpg on most trips.
-One of the best driver/non-show Scouts in the region
-Includes white bikini top for summer use.

Canoe not included.

Additional pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/1229705...7607845749660/
Sold the old Scout today. The end of one era and the beginning of a new one........powered by a DR350.
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #6047
Highcountry
Winds up buying the gas

Oddometer: 515
1999 xr400r

Righty-ho, monkeyed with the bike a touch and have some ideas (thanks Bill) of what it needs. Not much, thankfully: a good carb cleaning and re-jetting for our lovely thin air should do the trick.

SO: For sale is this 99 XR400R, Texas plates, clean title, in my garage in Lakewood. Here's her pic when she arrived, via truck, from TX:

Acerbis tank, FMF Titanium exhaust, Renthal handlebars and grips, wide footpegs and some beat-up bags. I should have the stock tank in-hand by Thursday morning, coming in a box from the PO along with a handful of other bits, like a turn signal assembly.

First offer that remotely approaches $2,000 gets her and whatever goodies arrive with the OEM tank. I can take some more pics if anyone's interested, or pop by and take a gander.

If you want to low-ball me, do it soon, because I won't be as interested in that once I throw a little money at a mechanic for the carb love.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #6048
Sinfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
It's back, everyone's favorite ad! Had a lot of interest from various forums last fall, and even a few test drives, but no one wound up biting. I've dropped the price in the hopes of finally getting rid of this thing (even though it breaks my heart to lose the mobile party mansion)

WORLD’S GREATEST CAMPER/MOLESTER VAN- $700 OBO
This one is probably the hardest to part with. What you are looking at is a 1991 AWD Chevy Astro van that has been painstakingly built to be the greatest rolling party mansion on wheels.

Before we get into what makes this van so unique, I will let you know some of the more mundane details. First, it’s got 122,xxx miles on it and is AWD and an automatic. It comes with two studded and two non-studded snow tires. The van was running great last winter, until it began to develop a bit of a transmission leak. I was told by a mechanic that it needed a new seal that was a cheap part, but a bit of an involved process to install. Since I’m a broke grad student, and not into working on cars, my parents graciously helped me buy a reliable truck and the van has sat ever since. I know that it will need a new battery since the current one is dead (although I did jump it the other day).

Update: I have since purchased a new battery and driven the van a few times from my old place to my new one. It seems to be running great, other than the fact that the tranny still slips a bit when the fluid levels get low due to the leak.

Now, on to the awesome…

As you can clearly see, the van features an amazing paint job done in early TRON. Its garish colors, mean stance, and throaty rumble announce that the party is about to smack you in the face like an 8 ball of colombia’s finest every time it enters the neighborhood.

The windows, which feature both drapes AND blinds help to conceal any number of illicit (or licit) activities inside this boner on wheels.

As we move into the palacial confines of this rolling tenement, the astute observer is greeted by the sight of the world’s greatest dream catcher (included at no additional cost to the buyer), which is perfect because you’re going to be catching a lot of dreams (and possibly VDs) from the sluts that you entice into the back…

Speaking of the back, welcome to the most amazing part of this van. I like to imagine it as some sort of mobile LODO loft, replete with fine velvet drapes, softly carpeted walls, discrete mood-ligthing, and a currently non-functional 8-track cassette player for all of the Barry Manilow and Al Green you can stomach. Best of all, the van has been tastefully modernized with real (fake) mahogany (fake oak) floors.

The astute observer will note the storage bin/ bench/ sleeping platform in the rear of the van. Characterized by a beautifully crafted pass through for ski’s, fishing poles, or your massive dong, as well as another mammoth storage compartment to hide your courvasier and/or dead hooker collection, the most delightful feature of this piece is the fact that the lit is ingeniously hinged to fold forward onto the swiveling! Captain’s chair in order to form a California King (more like a full) sized bed. This my friends, is truly where the magic happens…

I would truly love to see this beauty go to the kind of mechanically inclined and creative soul who will take it to it’s full potential. For this reason, I am advertising it here for a lower price than I will be trying to get on Craigslist. Creativity and passion may be rewarded with a discounted price, especially if I feel that it is going to a good home, and you agree to abide by the stipulation that I can drink a cheap PBR in the back of it if I see it out at the trailhead/ ski resort parking lot. Gentlemen, start thy engines!

P.S.- If anyone is looking to get rid of a DRZ or XR650R, and really wants this thing, I'd be very into the idea of entertaining trades (+ cash on my end).
Sinfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #6049
The Fist
Knulp

Oddometer: 3,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_strom View Post
Thanks, I didn't doubt your word at all. Really the weak point is the inmate (The Fist) who's picking it up. He gets that close to the Mexican border and he's liable to make a run for it and go on a Mexico trials spree using Tecate for pre-mix. The bike would never be the same.
Well, I wasn't before....but f*ck yeah! Thats a great idea. See you bitches in Baja!
The Fist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #6050
Infracaninophile
Finding My Way..

Oddometer: 7,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist View Post
Well, I wasn't before....but f*ck yeah! Thats a great idea. See you bitches in Baja!
I'll give you $10 if you pee in Don's pool when you stop by to pick up the trials bike. I'm good for it.

Tom
Infracaninophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #6051
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
WORLD’S GREATEST CAMPER/MOLESTER VAN- $700 OBO
Man, strip out the interior down and you have one hell of a cheap AWD bike hauler!

Enclosed trailers cost more (heck, storage sheds cost more!)

Sorry to desecrate all your hard work, but as they say in the industry, "highest and best use..."
Old 03-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #6052
dontlr
Mysterious Chatter

Oddometer: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infracaninophile View Post
I'll give you $10 if you pee in Don's pool when you stop by to pick up the trials bike. I'm good for it.

Tom
We're going to have a good time in Baja with Scott's $$ and Tom's $10 contribution
dontlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #6053
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,831
5'x3ish' oak bookshelf. Ply, not particle. It's old, but sturdy. Doesn't look too bad. $75.

Old sold oak swiveling and reclining office chair. Some scoring in the seat from the rivets on my jeans, a few scratches, and the screw post base is bent a little, but not enough to make it uncomfy. Replacing that would make it worth a ton. $75

My old recliner. VERY comfy, lays almost flat. Perfect for sleeping after breaking a few ribs or a shoulder injury. Has leaned to one side a little since I got it years ago. If you can make curved cut in 3/4" plywood, it'll work like new. I never felt the need. Make an offer.

Contact via PM.
Dysco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #6054
Sinfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
Man, strip out the interior down and you have one hell of a cheap AWD bike hauler!

Enclosed trailers cost more (heck, storage sheds cost more!)

Sorry to desecrate all your hard work, but as they say in the industry, "highest and best use..."
Hey man, I got my use out of it. Spent a summer driving it around, camping and drinking beers in it, had a couple fun van parties with friends. At this point, I don't give a shit what people do with it. I've got my pics and memories, and besides, building it out was the really fun part.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #6055
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
Hey man, I got my use out of it. Spent a summer driving it around, camping and drinking beers in it, had a couple fun van parties with friends. At this point, I don't give a shit what people do with it. I've got my pics and memories, and besides, building it out was the really fun part.

At this point, I think the health department would require the new owner to completely strip the interior.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #6056
Sinfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
At this point, I think the health department would require the new owner to completely strip the interior.
"You better be careful, man. You're into some heavy slander." - Fear and Loathing
Old 03-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #6057
ballistic_ken
Aaarrrrgh!

Oddometer: 5,170
Dirty Vanchez?

Sorry, one of those days.

The Duke abides!
ballistic_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #6058
Sinfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic_ken View Post
Dirty Vanchez?

Sorry, one of those days.
would offering up a pound of "free candy" be taking it too far?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #6059
foroffroaduseonly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Lookin for a new ride!

I'm in search of a used 2008 or 2009 KLX 450 R. Does anyone know of one for sale??
foroffroaduseonly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #6060
Osprey!
a.k.a. Opie

Oddometer: 3,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
5'x3ish' oak bookshelf. Ply, not particle. It's old, but sturdy. Doesn't look too bad. $75.
Your change jar included?

Here's a tip; Coinstar charges nearly 10%, but now issues Amazon gift certificates with no fee.