Very nice saddle !

"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."

jcolombo screwed with this post 03-22-2007 at 02:17 PM
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
Hannda
Short, fat, bearded, slow

Oddometer: 27,841
That all sounds nice. Except I've got a 30" inseam and am already higher off the ground than is good for my legs. Any higher and it's a deal breaker. I'm just hoping that a lowered saddle, as I don't want to lower the bike, is going to be helpful to me. The reactions I've gotten from putting out a query as regards the Corbin dished saddle are about 50/50 pro/anti. Some love it, some hate it. Colorado said it made him feel as though he was, uncomfortably, sitting on his huevos. When I get home I'm going to try to take a test ride on a KLR with a lowered seat. One ADV member in ColoSpgs offered to let me test his - now I just have to go through old posts and see if I can find out who it was.

Thanks for the review. Happy to hear that you seem pleased with your purchase.

jcolombo screwed with this post 03-22-2007 at 02:17 PM
Hannda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #3
jcolombo
Lurking Moderator

Oddometer: 1,248
Feel free to share the review or a synopsis here. Posting to indicate you have a review somewhere else is frowned upon.

We keep getting more and more people using ADVrider to drive traffic to their sites, which normally contain google ads or other revenue-generating materials. Since we work hard to keep this site non-commercial, we can't allow others to use our name for this as well.

Thanks.
jcolombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
jgas
Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer: 843
I absolutely will not buy a new Corbin product. They are arrogant pricks that will not stand behind their products. If your seat won't fit, which is pretty often, they won't take it back. They also won't fix it if it comes apart within one year like most custom seat companies.

I hate to say it, but they do make a quality product, but they charge accordingly, which is their right. I will pay for quality, but I won't support a company with a bad customer service attitude.
jgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,862
I had a look at this review and while I did not edit the links, I see JColombo did..

Please post your review here and let's not turn this into a Corbin bashing thread. Any who wants to know, can quickly find out what the inmates think of Corbin's customer service by doing a quick search.
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #6
legion
Wait Til Friday

Oddometer: 12,625
I just rode a KLR650 from Ushuaia, Tiera del Fuego to Cartagena, Columbia and the seat was a Corbin. Better than the stocker but still not what I'd call comfy by any stretch.

It wasn't particularly tall either. I have a 29" inseam and height in a seat isn't a feature I look for. The stocker squishes down quite a bit and the Corbin looks lower than the stocker from the moment you put it on. It doesn't squish though so the height overall is probably about the same.

The one thing that I noticed about it that some may have an issue with is that the tongue on the front of the seat is longer than stock so some tankbags might require extra fiddling to take on and off, depending.
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #7
eaglemike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion
I just rode a KLR650 from Ushuaia, Tiera del Fuego to Cartagena, Columbia and the seat was a Corbin. Better than the stocker but still not what I'd call comfy by any stretch.

It wasn't particularly tall either. I have a 29" inseam and height in a seat isn't a feature I look for. The stocker squishes down quite a bit and the Corbin looks lower than the stocker from the moment you put it on. It doesn't squish though so the height overall is probably about the same.

The one thing that I noticed about it that some may have an issue with is that the tongue on the front of the seat is longer than stock so some tankbags might require extra fiddling to take on and off, depending.
Did you ride the flat Corbin, or the dished? Your comment about the tongu makes me think it is the dished version. I prefer the flat version by a long shot.

all the best,

Mike
eaglemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 PM   #8
legion
Wait Til Friday

Oddometer: 12,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglemike
Did you ride the flat Corbin, or the dished? Your comment about the tongu makes me think it is the dished version. I prefer the flat version by a long shot.

all the best,

Mike
Might've had a slight dish to it. I've not seen any other KLR650 seats from Corbin except the one I had so I'm not completely certain which it was. Seemed pretty flat to me but...
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:46 AM   #9
Hondo OP
What if its a Samsquamch?

Oddometer: 9,392
Quote:
Feel free to share the review or a synopsis here. Posting to indicate you have a review somewhere else is frowned upon.
I didn't know this was an issue, as I have not read that here.

"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #10
jcolombo
Lurking Moderator

Oddometer: 1,248
No worries. See PM
jcolombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #11
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,035
I've done a thousand mile day on the stock seat...never could figure out what all the whining was about.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #12
mtguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Corbin customer service sucks...but the seat is way better than stock. I guess there's a trade-off there; i figure the physical pain in my ass is more important than Corbin CS being a pain in the ass
mtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #13
Surly
surly adventurer

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo
I didn't know this was an issue, as I have not read that here.
shit I just wanted to read the review
While I see the point editing peoples post isnt moderation its censorship

Now where is that review?

I pray that you dont look at me
I pray I dont look back...

Where is Surly?
Surly is offline   Reply With Quote