|03-26-2007, 07:01 PM||#1|
Joined: Oct 2005
I promised my sisters I would travel from here in Tallahassee to Daytona Beach and take a photo of our grandfather's grave. I'll use this as an excuse for a four or five day ride. Any recommendations for cool roads or historic stuff to see along the way? How about museums in D.B.
|03-27-2007, 08:23 PM||#2|
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: NYC..no dirt here!
Sorry...there's not much to see in Daytona ...
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University..if you like aviation? I graduated from their.
2. Ponce Inlet...some nice restaurants
3. Boot Hill Saloon...get a t-shirt..Main st Daytona
4. Ormond beach...I think there is a Rockefeller estate?
5. The loop road...a VERY nice ride through Tomoka Forest...From Ormond Beach North circling around to A!A.
6. St. Augustine....50 miles north.
Other than that...not much my friend.
|03-27-2007, 09:53 PM||#3|
Joined: Aug 2004
The loop road...a VERY nice ride through Tomoka Forest...From Ormond Beach North circling around to A!A.
Also, hit Destination Daytona since you are there. This is the World's largest Harley dealer. Very impressive facility, but then again I am a commercial real estate broker and enjoy multi use projects......
The Leesburg Bike Fest is later in April if you are in that area, some good bands in the evening http://www.leesburgbikefest.com/
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|