Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #136
psycho klr
Qu'est-ce Que C'est

Oddometer: 2,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberstud View Post
There seems to be a trend at the dealers and on ebay that the closer we get to the 2008 KLRs getting into showrooms the lower the prices get on the 2007 model. Dealers and ebay alike have gone below the $4K price lately, ebay even offering free delivery if you pay closer to the MSRP. This is probably not news to many viewers.

But even as the prices plummet on the old models I have to ask myself if they are worth it. Bare with me, I am not saying that the old model is bad but what is it going to cost to upgrade the brakes, suspension, and voltage output to be comperable to the 2008 model? Definately more than the $150.00 difference in the price between the two MSRPs and most likely more than the money you will save with the discounts. Even if you get an old KLR discounted enough to make all the mods you still have a bike that looks 21 years old. Some people like the old school look, I want to move on.

I guess the point of this post is buyers beware! It may pay to wait for the new model in the long run. OBTW, for the record...I think the 2008 model will have more power and will be about the same wieght as the 2007, contrary to information on the new model up to this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberstud View Post
Looks like Glenns reveiw suggests that I was right on before. Lots of bang for the buck with the new 08
Just digging through some old threads when I came upon this jewel. The first quoted post is the opening post of the thread which saberstud quoted in his final post of note on this thread which claims that, that idiot Glenn's, knob polishing "review" of the new KLR proved him right.

Classic case of believing only what supports your preconceived opinion. I especially liked this line..."OBTW, for the record...I think the 2008 model will have more power and will be about the same wieght as the 2007, contrary to information on the new model up to this point."

Well I wanted to see if he ever got his '08 so I looked at his profile and sure enough there is an '08 KLR650 on his list of previously owned bikes. So I checked his posts to see what he thought about it after he got one. Hmm... After his last post in this thread saberstud didn't post again for 2 years and then it was a post about buying a NX650. He never posted anything again about KLR's.

Must have got one of the oil burners...
psycho klr is offline   Reply With Quote