User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2003, 01:40 PM   #1
knary OP
sunshine and puppies

Oddometer: 29,413
KTM 950 Adventure review at Citybike

For those who don't have easy access to the rag...
KTM 950 Adventure review

They liked it and finished with the line "I have a feeling there will soon be some very trick used BMW GS bikes being liquidated to make room in the garage."

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 02:36 PM   #2
Tracker

Oddometer: n/a
Re: KTM 950 Adventure review at Citybike

Quote:
Said knary:
They liked it and finished with the line "I have a feeling there will soon be some very trick used BMW GS bikes being liquidated to make room in the garage."
So Scott, I'll give you $5000.00 for your outdated GS. Then you will have room in your garage for your new LC8.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:48 PM   #3
Rad
Just me

Oddometer: 12,170
Like all the reviews so far, the big Ktoom is loved.

The true test for me will be shown in the long term. Will it hold up to day in day out use and will the dealer support be there.
Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 02:53 PM   #4
knary OP
sunshine and puppies

Oddometer: 29,413
Re: Re: KTM 950 Adventure review at Citybike

Quote:
Said Tracker:
So Scott, I'll give you $5000.00 for your outdated GS. Then you will have room in your garage for your new LC8.

na-na-na-nuh-na-na

:):

I'm not ready for the LC8. The height alone gives me the shivers. She's spend half her life on her side - especially since I have the off road skills of a dolphin. Now Rad or Jean-Luc? hell, yes.

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 03:23 PM   #5
Jean-Luc
Throttle committed

Oddometer: 2,232
Re: Re: Re: KTM 950 Adventure review at Citybike

Quote:
Said knary:
I'm not ready for the LC8. The height alone gives me the shivers. She's spend half her life on her side - especially since I have the off road skills of a dolphin. Now Rad or Jean-Luc? hell, yes.
Funny, we spoke about it with Rad when he let me try his 640 and I admit the 950 is really growing in me :ssmile
I would happily replace my 650 Dakar by the KTM 950. What a stable it would be with my Strom :getdown

Now, this is even before to try one and so time will tell. The issue is that KTM dealers don't let you do a real test drive and so I'm counting on you guys, lucky future owners of the beast :):
Old 08-02-2003, 05:51 PM   #6
kirkmoon
Making up for lost youth

Oddometer: 8,909
I was just down talking to Don at Scuderia West and they are getting their first 950 Adventure bikes in in a couple of weeks. I believe that he said that they may make one a demo. They have something like 15 or so people who have placed a deposit to be on the list to buy one of these babies, but Don says that he thinks that he will be able to get as many as he is able to sell from the factory.

I know the folks at Scuderia quite well, having bought more bikes than I care to think about from them over the past couple of years. I have nothing but good things to say about them and am sure that they will support these bikes extremely well. They already have some aftermarket goodies for this bike either in stock or coming soon, including softer seats and touring panniers. They have just hired a new service manager who is French and is very well connected with all of the European sources for things related to this bike.

If you are interested, you should give them a call in a few weeks and see if they have one on the floor to fondle or a demo to play with. I am excited.

BTW, I don't have any financial connection with these folks. Just a very satisfied customer and a fan of high quality, cutting edge motorcycles.