User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
thumper gman OP
GLEN

Oddometer: 559
holland track easter 07

i thought i would share our time we spent out doing the track with you guys, the Holland track is situated in western Australia the only section accessible is from hyden to coolgardie around about 400 kms, it all started with someone from adv posting the suggestion we should ride the holland track many months before, so some blokes put there hand up including my brother and myself and we looking forward to this trip like kids in a candy store, so i set out to prepare our bikes for it witch included new tyres, spare parts, new panniers and i made new side racks for my brothers bike i was surprised at my brothers tyre choice the rear being more road orientated but he is a very good dirt rider, so as the days got closer we started posting pictures of our updated bikes and having sleepless nights. the day finally arrived with only four riders still able to make it out of eight, some guys were just not able to make it due to unforeseen reasons but I'm sure they will defiantly do it some other time just don't invite me

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:04 AM
thumper gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
thumper gman OP
GLEN

the day started out with the meeting point in our picturess hills and we had some cheerleaders come and see us off the guys who did ride were rusky,eggs,Richard,and myself thumper gman we met about 8.AM and we could not stop talking motor bikes and we left around 9.30 mmmbikes
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:05 AM
Old 04-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
thumper gman OP
GLEN

so it was a asphalt ride to the country town of hyden the weather was perfect, warm with a nice cool breeze we had lunch refueled the bikes including extra jerry cans and as we sat back the 4x4s just kept rolling in it was going to be a busy weekend on the track
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:06 AM
Old 04-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
thumper gman OP
GLEN

after our lunch stop we checked our map and mounted and headed down to the start of the track were it had a sign giving a reason why this track is here the Holland track has been adopted by the Perth Toyota 4x4 club and have done a good job sign posting the track i don't think it would be possible to get lost
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:07 AM
Old 04-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #5
thumper gman OP
GLEN

so with much anticipation we started the track we decided we would start before the 4x4 club so we would not get stuck behind them but as luck would have the first 500 metres was very soft sand and with my heavy laden bike i had my first lie down and i caught my leg under my panier's it was when i picked my bike up that the 4x4s were directly behind us i told eggs i needed to lower my tyre pressures but with his knowledge of the track we decided against this and I'm glad i didn't
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:08 AM
Old 04-09-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
thumper gman OP
GLEN

as we started late we only did about 40 or 50 kms before the nights camp but it was the slowest kms Ive ever done, the track twisted and turned like it was made buy a snake and not a man ,at one stage i was able to offload 4 liters of fuel from the jerry cans into the main tank then my bikes handling was back the track was different in places from soft dirt to hard pack clay but what made it hard going is you had to ride on the side of the tracks in the 4x4 wheel tracks this being desatris to our bikes panniers eggs hitting a ant hill {hard bags}and my brothers soft bag was ripped open like a balloon bursting i still cant stop giggling about that one (sorry rick) for day one i did not sustain any problems
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:10 AM
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
thumper gman OP
GLEN

part of the track was just pure rock and this is were i done my fuel
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
thumper gman OP
GLEN

there is only one exit from this track and its one km from here that rusky broke his clutch handle and was not able to finish the ride with us (sorry mate) he did camp over night with us , over night we had a spectacular lightning show to our south i expected it to be very cold over night but proved wrong it was just perfect
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:11 AM
Old 04-09-2007, 09:45 PM   #9
thumper gman OP
GLEN

in the morning i woke up quiet late 8AM and packed my bike i felt guilty doing this so i did not spend the time cooking my breakfast, later in the day this was to haunt me as i felt the track had mentally beaten me but no it was just no energy left in me so eat your breakfast boys! (had no lunch either)idiot , any way back on topic um we said our good buys to rusky and went on our merely way, the track condtions changed a lot to make it very interesting but still full off twisties some times we could do around 70 kms an hour made for some fun but most of all slow and cautious mainly because of the panniers
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:15 AM
Old 04-09-2007, 09:48 PM   #10
thumper gman OP
GLEN

signs are thanks to our local Toyota club
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:16 AM
Old 04-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #11
thumper gman OP
GLEN

eggs and my brother in the soft sand there was far more sand than i thought there would ever be out there it made it hard going but thats why were there for isn't it
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:17 AM
Old 04-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #12
thumper gman OP
GLEN

just like this photo
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #13
thumper gman OP
GLEN

big changes in the landscape out there
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2007, 09:59 PM   #14
thumper gman OP
GLEN

the track to left of picture my brother and i were doing 70kms an hour in the wheel tracks and we had 4x4s right up our rear the hole way later in the day a 4x4 towing a camper trailer rolled it over , yep you guessed it going to fast .
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:18 AM
Old 04-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #15
thumper gman OP
GLEN

any way as you no there is no room for a esky on bikes a cold drink is a luxury in the middle of no where, so we had to move off the track for a couple off 4x4s so i was cheeky and asked for a cold beer for us and they were very happy to do so even offering a second round further down the track but we declined (we were happy and smilling but waited ages for the self timer to go off)
Attached Images

thumper gman screwed with this post 04-24-2007 at 02:20 AM