Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 06:05 AM   #2701
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted 1
Just got back from 5 days in Port Lincoln, we went over for the Ulysses Odyssey but we took the XR and TT. Saturday we did Whalers Way and enjoyed the ride. On Sunday one of the local Ulyssians took us into the Lincoln National Park and to Memory Cove, really enjoyed the roads/tracks in here and Memory Cove what a place, great scenery and great camping area, on the way back we went to Wanna (I think the spellings right), on the way here we had a few encounters with some snakes on the track 4 in total then had to keep looking to see if what was on the track was a stick or a snake .
So you got any photos Andrew ?

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #2702
twisted 1
ULYSSES

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK
So you got any photos Andrew ?
Em yes, Bundi's got them on her computer. I'll have to get hold of it and post a few. She also took some video with a little vid cam she bought and had on her helmet.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #2703
TerryK
Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted 1
Em yes, Bundi's got them on her computer. I'll have to get hold of it and post a few. She also took some video with a little vid cam she bought and had on her helmet.
Got a new helmet cam delivered today after I lost video up the Flinders cause I can't see the lights in the sun or outside for that matter.

Might try it out on the Triumph tomorrow, got to make a mount for one of my dirt helmets same as Kipo....thanks Kipo

Old 10-10-2010, 01:52 AM   #2704
PBee

Oddometer: 8,634
Pooncarie 2010

It's that time of year again.

By way of signaling our intentions for those who are interested:

Gateshutter, JAsse, & myself are leaving Thursday to Lindsay Island via Renmark for lunch (with as much dirt as possible).
Making our way to Poon in a leisurely manor on Friday.

Saturday after a late start we are thinking of heading to the Coombah roadhouse & then inland to Burra via Sturt Vale,
Finding a bit of dirt or a pub for Sat nite & then home for Sunday.

What do you think Gatey?

QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB Est 2011.
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #2705
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee
It's that time of year again.

By way of signaling our intentions for those who are interested:

Gateshutter, JAsse, & myself are leaving Thursday to Lindsay Island via Renmark for lunch (with as much dirt as possible).
Making our way to Poon in a leisurely manor on Friday.

Saturday after a late start we are thinking of heading to the Coombah roadhouse & then inland to Burra via Sturt Vale,
Finding a bit of dirt or a pub for Sat nite & then home for Sunday.

What do you think Gatey?
thanks for the reminder I completely forgot sounds good to me Im in
Old 10-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #2706
arborsmarty
WFO

Oddometer: 339
count me in

thats the best idea i've heard in 10,000 years...count me in!!! keep me posted please!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #2707
Gateshutter
Exiled

So.......had my car in for service on Friday, picked it up Friday afternoon, only just noticed that my GPS unit is missing today, what should I do? If I call or go back there and ask about it they will just deny it. and I'm not 100% percent sure they took it , but its looking that way as Ive heard on the grapevine that one of the employees has been known to be a petty thief, there is only 3 places it could be, if it not in the car its hooked up to my PC at home or on my bike and it aint there. I'm really annoyed coz it has all the shonky maps and saved locations on it . I been racking my brains trying to remember when I last used it, I know I had it on the bike the weekend before, then Im sure I put it in my car as I needed it for the week while driving somewhere.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #2708
PBee

Barstid

Sounds like you're fucked either way.
Last year I got my Tojo serviced by a well known Tojo dealer
and some barstard cleaned out the centre consol of coins
proly around $60-$70 while it was there.

To add insult to injury they charged me $375 to check the valve adjustment.
and never fucken did it!! There wasn't a single fingerprint on the intercooler cover (very dusty).
I told the service manager "Did ya use telepathy"

ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

Old 10-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #2709
TerryK
Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateshutter
So.......had my car in for service on Friday, picked it up Friday afternoon, only just noticed that my GPS unit is missing today, what should I do? If I call or go back there and ask about it they will just deny it. and I'm not 100% percent sure they took it , but its looking that way as Ive heard on the grapevine that one of the employees has been known to be a petty thief, there is only 3 places it could be, if it not in the car its hooked up to my PC at home or on my bike and it aint there. I'm really annoyed coz it has all the shonky maps and saved locations on it . I been racking my brains trying to remember when I last used it, I know I had it on the bike the weekend before, then Im sure I put it in my car as I needed it for the week while driving somewhere.
I work in the industry so bear with me, ring the place & ask to speak to the service manager, don't get stropy just explain the story & he should ask his people if it was misplaced...he should know who worked on the car, this will give both parties a chance to retreive it & return the GPS....most companies take a very dim view on stealing from customers & I would sack anyone stealing from a customer.
Someone may have taken it out during the service & failed to return it when finished...there could be a GPS sitting on a desk....best to ring & tread gentle to start with, get the service manager on side & he should act on your behalf.

Cheers Terry

Old 10-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #2710
Gateshutter
Exiled

Just got back from the reputable car service centre spoke with the mechanic on duty and the owner, I explained to them how my GPS was sitting on the back seat because thats where I put when it came unstuck from the windscreen, I had it on my bike on the saturday 2nd of october, I remember using it to find my way home from Blanchetowne then sunday night I took it off and put it in the back seat of my car with the cradle, thats the last place I seen it ...............
Old 10-11-2010, 12:47 AM   #2711
PBee

Quote:
Just got back from the reputable car service centre spoke with the mechanic on duty and the owner, I explained to them how my GPS was sitting on the back seat because thats where I put when it came unstuck from the windscreen, I had it on my bike on the saturday 2nd of october, I remember using it to find my way home from Blanchetowne then sunday night I took it off and put it in the back seat of my car with the cradle, thats the last place I seen it ...............
Yeah, and wadid he say?

ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

Old 10-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #2712
TerryK
Ulysses

Quote:
So are they checking or is it the end of the story as far as they are concerned ?

Old 10-11-2010, 01:40 AM   #2713
aussieotto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Pooncarie 2010

Folks

i would like to attend this year but in something that I feel more comfortable on sand with ie 4wd.

I am happy to be the beer transport for folks if this roll has not been filled already ( or to a extra transport).

Thanks

Peter
aussieotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #2714
Gateshutter
Exiled

Back again just had to go out and do something...... Well I reckon the Mechanic came across a bit nervous, Him and the owner both searched my car again for me, but it didn't mysteriously turn up, I think as far as their concerned its the end of the story, but I have a friend who works in the crash shop nearby and he doesn't have anything good to say about him, he says the mechanic was seen some weeks ago rivaling through a car in the car park, but without any solid evidence I really cant do anything , Im positive it was in my car before I went there. hopefully the grapevine will hear something about it. Pisses me off I had some good locations and routes saved on there. not to mention my home address and weekender property stored.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:11 AM   #2715
PBee

Quote:
Back again just had to go out and do something...... Well I reckon the Mechanic came across a bit nervous, Him and the owner both searched my car again for me, but it didn't mysteriously turn up, I think as far as their concerned its the end of the story, but I have a friend who works in the crash shop nearby and he doesn't have anything good to say about him, he says the mechanic was seen some weeks ago rivaling through a car in the car park, but without any solid evidence I really cant do anything , Im positive it was in my car before I went there. hopefully the grapevine will hear something about it. Pisses me off I had some good locations and routes saved on there. not to mention my home address and weekender property stored.
Report it to the cops and then check your insurance.
I was able to claim for a camera stolen out of my car once.

ANGORICHINA VILLAGE