Giddy up

Oddometer: 672
There you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTCG849VwE0
Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #10127
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,426
Good to see that she's still having a crack!

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #10128
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 672
Trev, you crack me up
Old 05-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #10129
Fipsy
form. gonescratchin

Oddometer: 475
Goolwa - Inman Valley

Link below to our(OzJuJu, Edosan and myself) trip yesterday down to Goolwa for a bit of sand time, then after checking out some backroads behind Port Elliot, we headed down towards the Inman Valley via Springmount Road.

Video here:

Fipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #10130
DR Ozzy
Suzuki scum

Oddometer: 621
Good stuff, you've got your sand merit badge now then
DR Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:13 AM   #10131
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,576
You're a brave man following Ed on wet roads on your big beast, I remember how he drives

Great work on the video Chris, especially on the beach with those looming storm clouds, you know its doubly difficult riding the soft top edge after the tide comes in.

Well done, enjoyed that.
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:14 AM   #10132
OzJuJu
Team Barracuda

Oddometer: 770
Note to self.... When riding with a GSA on Goolwa beach train in the gym for at least a week before the ride. Squats, lunges, bicep curls and finish it off with a 290kg clean and jerk
Old 05-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #10133
Chadhent
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Trip to Innaminka

Gents, I am planning in the next month to do a solo run on my DRZ400 to Innaminka. I work near moomba so planning to commute to work the long way.

I have the 27L safari tank on the bike but even with this monster I dont think I will have the range. I belive I will need around 520 kms range and approximate usage is 17 km/l, hence short by around 5 lires to be safe.

Was thinking about using a fuel bladder, keen on suggestions and even more happy to hear if someone bought one and is not using it anymore (I will probably only ever use it once).

Chad
Chadhent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #10134
Fipsy
form. gonescratchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Ozzy View Post
Good stuff, you've got your sand merit badge now then
....took me long enuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer View Post
You're a brave man following Ed on wet roads on your big beast, I remember how he drives

Great work on the video Chris, especially on the beach with those looming storm clouds, you know its doubly difficult riding the soft top edge after the tide comes in.

Well done, enjoyed that.
Fortunately, he hasn't quite learned to ride how he drives.............yet so I'll be safe for a little bit longer

I did keep looking up at that soft top track, thinking "Will I or won't I?" - but unusually, my better judgement prevailed on this occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJuJu View Post
Note to self.... When riding with a GSA on Goolwa beach train in the gym for at least a week before the ride. Squats, lunges, bicep curls and finish it off with a 290kg clean and jerk
I was going to bring a snatch strap but figured with my beast on the end, it'd probably just rip out your engine block!
......and we'll have no jerking on the beach thankyou very much
Old 05-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #10135
Edosan
Late Starter

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer View Post

Well done, enjoyed that.
Now, now Masterbrewer - I think it was 40 years ago you saw my driving!

Great video, Gonescratchin and thanks for organising such a top day - riding on the beach in pouring rain was an absolute treat. Also great to meet OzJuJu.

Both were very good at waiting patiently for me to keep up - much appreciated!

An excellent day out!
Edosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #10136
drzwalker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadhent View Post
Gents, I am planning in the next month to do a solo run on my DRZ400 to Innaminka. I work near moomba so planning to commute to work the long way.

I have the 27L safari tank on the bike but even with this monster I dont think I will have the range. I belive I will need around 520 kms range and approximate usage is 17 km/l, hence short by around 5 lires to be safe.

Was thinking about using a fuel bladder, keen on suggestions and even more happy to hear if someone bought one and is not using it anymore (I will probably only ever use it once).

Chad
Gday I have ridden up that way a few times, my tank is a 28 litre and I can get around 600 kms, I go via Arkaroola then up via Balcanoona,wooltana past Beverly Mine then up the pipeline rd to the strez track it comes out at Montecolina bore. This will give you plenty of fuel range,
Drzwalker (The Doc)
drzwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #10137
DR Ozzy
Suzuki scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonescratchin View Post
....took me long enuff!

Looks like you are ready for a run out to Rocket Lake .... http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...2.jpg~original
Old 05-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #10138
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSilla View Post
Piss orf Trev, just piss orf. I don't wanna hear about pasties, my pastie gland is atrophied to death over here. I'd kill for a visit to an SA country bakery.
Ah! missed this post.

Hi Tom, well on my way to Robertstown I stopped at the Eudunda Bakery on the way to our RV and asked for a pastie with sauce.....she put that on the counter and I then asked for a coffee which she went off to make. When she came back she asked where the pastie was as it had left the counter.....I said that it was so good I'd better have another one!!!!

I got another one on the way home too!!

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #10139
Fipsy
form. gonescratchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Ozzy View Post
Looks like you are ready for a run out to Rocket Lake .... http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/...2.jpg~original
Funny you should say that - getting my head around some dates for a 5 day (Wed-Sun) ride some time in August.

Was thinking of heading as far in to rocket lake as I dare, spend the night there, then up to Pooncarie again for a couple of nights (possibly do Lake Mungo again, or a day trip up to Bindara station and surrounds). Perhaps come down the Arumpo Rd instead of following the Darling, and then this time come back hugging the southern Murray banks from Wentworth and spend a night out there somewhere, then make our way home in a roundabout sort of way from there.

I will confirm later, but the likely date at this stage will be Wed 14th to Sun 18th August.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #10140
DR Ozzy
Suzuki scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonescratchin View Post
Funny you should say that - getting my head around some dates for a 5 day (Wed-Sun) ride some time in August.

Was thinking of heading as far in to rocket lake as I dare, spend the night there, then up to Pooncarie again for a couple of nights (possibly do Lake Mungo again, or a day trip up to Bindara station and surrounds). Perhaps come down the Arumpo Rd instead of following the Darling, and then this time come back hugging the southern Murray banks from Wentworth and spend a night out there somewhere, then make our way home in a roundabout sort of way from there.

I will confirm later, but the likely date at this stage will be Wed 14th to Sun 18th August.

You'll be fine if you head down Pheenys track and follow that route marked out on the picture I linked too, you could drive a two wheel drive car that way, its 95% hard pack clay with only a bit of easy sand, I'm going over there for a weekend ride soon
Would like to go out Mungo too one day