User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #1006
scrobs
Armchair Drifter

Oddometer: 237
+1 for Hanby's
He also balances the tyres which a lot don't seem to do on Knobbies.
I think balancing helps
Scrobs
scrobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #1007
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Jason at Road and Race on Churchill Road can order in almost anything you want, except Mitas, and quoted better prices than GC or Hanby last time I bought.

He prefers loose wheels, he is not really geared up to do large volumes of tires as he is usually in the shop on his own.

Doesnt mind fitting your tires too - I get my Mitas E 08 S fitted there at a good price.

He is usually cheapest on everything else he stocks or orders in for you too.

Beemerboff screwed with this post 08-25-2009 at 04:30 AM
Beemerboff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 AM   #1008
senfiddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
I get all my tyres from Road & Race Jason because of his very good prices. Just have to plan ahead and order them in. He has Ben working there on Thursday and Friday now for a faster turn around.
senfiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:30 AM   #1009
twisted 1
ULYSSES

Oddometer: 65
GC's are the go for tyres, always used them for road and off road tyres. Best range and if your in the Ulysses club you get 10% discount. Ride in ride out, great guys who know what they are on about.
twisted 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #1010
MikeF
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 353
Hi All

Going to do the Senior First Aid Course, 2 days over a weekend, at Unley Road sometime next month.

5/6 Sept or 12/13 Sept or 19/20 Sept or 26/27 Sept.
Will check availability today (Wednesday 26th) and change this post when I find out something.

Update Wednesday 09:40 hrs.......
There are vacancies at the Unley Classes for all the dates above, but the 6th Sept is Fathers day so i'll knock that weekend out of the equation. That leaves 3 other weekends available.

The cost of the course is $176 each ($132 for concession card holders). If we can get a group of 10, the cost is $178 each, however we get our own private course. If we get a group of 15, we get our own private course, and the cost comes down to $119 each.
End of Update........

Potential Attendees
MikeF
OnceILurked

END Potential Attendees

Anyone else interested?

Mike

MikeF screwed with this post 08-25-2009 at 10:31 PM
MikeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #1011
KevS69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by senfiddy
I get all my tyres from Road & Race Jason because of his very good prices. Just have to plan ahead and order them in. He has Ben working there on Thursday and Friday now for a faster turn around.
I've been buying my tyres from GC for years until Senfiddy put me onto Jason at Road & Race he has better prices & more personal service & will order in whatever you want.
KevS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #1012
charliew
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Tyres:
I also use Hanby's on Marion road.

The location is convienient for me, and he is very helpfull. He spend a quite a bit of time tracking down, and ordering in, an odd size tyre that I was after, GC just wanted to sell me what they had on the shelf.

First aid course:
Mike, is this general first aid?, I would be interested in something which would be usefull in dealing with any accidents while out on the road.

Charlie.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #1013
MikeF
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 353
Hi Charlie

See my update above. It's Senior First Aid, which is the general First Aid course that is mandatory in so many places these days. I'll see if I can find out the curriculum (sp?) and see what it covers.

Update ...........
Probably like this....... http://e-firstaid.stjohn.org.au/high/index.html
End of Update.........

:)

Mike
MikeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #1014
Cooldollar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Thanks for the tyre advice

Thanks guys.
I have delt with Hambys before but can't contact him now. Maybe away I guess. As for the others I will let my fingers do the walking.
Cheers and thanks again.
Lets ride!!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #1015
Gateshutter
Exiled

Oddometer: 2,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF
Hi All

Going to do the Senior First Aid Course, 2 days over a weekend, at Unley Road sometime next month.

5/6 Sept or 12/13 Sept or 19/20 Sept or 26/27 Sept.
Will check availability today (Wednesday 26th) and change this post when I find out something.

Update Wednesday 09:40 hrs.......
There are vacancies at the Unley Classes for all the dates above, but the 6th Sept is Fathers day so i'll knock that weekend out of the equation. That leaves 3 other weekends available.

The cost of the course is $176 each ($132 for concession card holders). If we can get a group of 10, the cost is $178 each, however we get our own private course. If we get a group of 15, we get our own private course, and the cost comes down to $119 each.
End of Update........

Anyone else interested?

Mike

I will be up for a first aid course, always good to have some knowledge and it looks good on the resume when applying for jobs.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #1016
PBee

Oddometer: 8,276
Tyres

Yeah GCs are ok,

Try Dave Ando at DA Motorcycles MN rd Salisbury.
He fitted an Anakie on my ex GSA. Good price (less than GC)
Got Staintune in 4me etc.
If your out the northern side of town & lergik to the city he's handy.

+1 for the TTG, Inglewood or Gum.

QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #1017
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee
Try Dave Ando at DA Motorcycles MN rd Salisbury.
I went in there one day after I'd busted my shoulders with a DR rim and tyre almost put back on....I just couldn't gather the strength to finish it off without breaking everything again and told him that. I offered to pay for his tyrefitter to complete it - would have been two nips with a tyre lever (just the hardest ones). Too hard....if I left it there they'd look at it early the following week... Even another customer in there looked at me and rolled his eyes.

I'd also called in with a pocket full of money to talk about a second hand DRZ400E they had on display but walked out with neither and a very clear intention never to return. Called in to a mate's place on the way home and it took three seconds to fix.

I guess you get these stories about every retailer though...I do find GC's easy to deal with.

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:30 AM   #1018
PBee

Oddometer: 8,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev
I went in there one day after I'd busted my shoulders with a DR rim and tyre almost put back on....I just couldn't gather the strength to finish it off without breaking everything again and told him that. I offered to pay for his tyrefitter to complete it - would have been two nips with a tyre lever (just the hardest ones). Too hard....if I left it there they'd look at it early the following week... Even another customer in there looked at me and rolled his eyes.

I'd also called in with a pocket full of money to talk about a second hand DRZ400E they had on display but walked out with neither and a very clear intention never to return. Called in to a mate's place on the way home and it took three seconds to fix.

I guess you get these stories about every retailer though...I do find GC's easy to deal with.
Shit!!! I wouldn't go back if I were you either.

Thank Christ he likes me (? maybe?)
Seriously, I've always been looked after at DA's

QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #1019
LOFTYBOB
Burning up 98 Octane

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTrev

That's a bum deal Trev, you must of caught them on a bad day.
I went in there on a Friday arvo, right on closing time, with a Harley Ultra Classic that had a slow leak in the rear tyre. they pulled the rear tyre off and repaired it (not an easy job on one of these monsters)
And to cap it off, they only charged $20 to do the job.
Have found them very good to deal with.
Regards Bob
Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #1020
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFTYBOB
That's a bum deal Trev, you must of caught them on a bad day.
I went in there on a Friday arvo, right on closing time, with a Harley Ultra Classic that had a slow leak in the rear tyre. they pulled the rear tyre off and repaired it (not an easy job on one of these monsters)
And to cap it off, they only charged $20 to do the job.
Have found them very good to deal with.
Regards Bob
Hi Lofty,
Yeah, probably a bad day and not being a regular customer. Just looked at your garage list....a DRZ? Do you get out on it much?
cheers.

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote