Old 05-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #91
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs

Oddometer: 13,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody
I'm quivering from malnutrition....
God, I'm hungry.
I don`t think you or HumanOne will fade away too quickly Tony..

I think all three of us could skip a few meals..
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #92
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Oddometer: 117
Tks for the HEAD's UP

Hi Kym, Tks for the HEAD's UP. Here is a probable solution. http://www.chastitybeltformen.com/

I looked it up after I saw your quote.
It is a very serious matter, least be know there is A dangerous Falpper out there.

Have anyone heard of Blokes getting spiked drinks at a bar and end up in a bathtub filled with ice without a kidney?

Cheers Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrewer

Warning! I've jut received this important notice:

"Police are warning all men who frequent clubs, parties and local pubs to be alert and stay cautious when offered a drink from any woman.
Many females use a date rape drug on the market called "Beer."

The drug is found in liquid form and is available anywhere. It comes in bottles, cans, or from taps and in large "kegs".
Beer is used by female sexual predators at parties and bars to persuade their male victims to go home and sleep with them.
A woman needs only to get a guy to consume a few units of Beer and then simply ask him home for no strings attached sex.

Men are rendered helpless against this approach. After several beers, men will often succumb to the desires to sleep with horrific looking women whom they would never normally be attracted. After drinking beer, men often
awaken with only hazy memories of exactly what happened to them the night before often with just a vague feeling that "something bad" occurred.

At other times these unfortunate men are swindled out of their life's savings in a familiar scam known as "a relationship." In extreme cases, the female may even be shrewd enough to entrap the unsuspecting male into
a longer term form of servitude and punishment referred to as "marriage".
Men are much more susceptible to this scam after beer is administered and sex is offered by the predatory females.

Please! Forward this warning to every male you know.
If you fall victim to this "Beer" scam and the women administering it, there are male support groups where you can discuss the details of your shocking encounter with similarly victimized men. For the support group nearest you, just look up " Adventure Riders".

Cheers
Kym

OzAdvRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:06 AM   #93
wayne640
the twin can man

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger
Now that some of you have had a practice drink(sorry couldn't make it) thought if anyone is interested you could join me and one other on a practice ride,will be leaving Normanville bakery at 11.30am this saturday 5/05 heading back to adelaide via Deep creek,Cox scrub kuitpo forest through to Meadows can even stop at another bakery along the way .
Have fun mate, geez i wish this was Sunday.

To the other blokes on your next session of any chance of a central location so us folks up tea tree gully way, dont have to pack a cut lunch for the trip
Old 05-01-2007, 01:35 AM   #94
wayne640
the twin can man

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by fethers
Only just found this thread (but haven't been here for a while though) Melrose is 3/4 of an hour from me (Port Pirie) but I am on dayshift (to 7pm) on the 19th. I will try to get an early minute so I can join in.

BTW, the Stone Hut bakery is still doing a roaring trade, I'm sure you can get just about anything in a pie there.

AND, speaking about food/things unique to SA, what about pie floaters? although I have never been too keen on them, I think being pissed is a pre-requisite to actually eating one.
Will be good to catch up again fethers, havent seen you since that NSW ride.

Hows the wounds healing ?

Also have been meaning to ask you if you have any of those fairings ready yet ?.

seeya soon wayne
Old 05-01-2007, 02:29 AM   #95
OzAdvRider
EZrider

May I ave a little more sir? Food Food glorious Food

Hi Pete,

Yes we all hit off. The more members the better.
I am glad the Poh Piah tradition is retained. I shall go and try one of these days and maybe we may have a Poh Piah Adventure there.

Cheers Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanOne
Very humorous masterbrewer! (I think we've all been Victims of Crime of this drug called "beer" at some point)

---------------------------------------------------------

Greetings SA AdvRiders - and especially to:

Tones "dogsbody"
Kim "masterbrewer"
Willis "OzAdvRider"
Walter "TBA"
Dirty Pierre "Preditor"

It was great to meet you guys Sunday night. Yet again, it was further confirmation, that so far, everyone I've met from Adventure Rider, along the way, have all been such like-minded individuals and we hit it off immediately.

Melrose, sounds like a great first ride out and an excellent opportunity to meet the rest of the SA devotees.

Willis... I just happen to have the day off work today, and after all the talking up of "Poh Piah's" - I'm off to hunt them down around the Central Market (hoping it's not just available Thurs-Sat ). I'm generally a supporter of the Chinatown Cafe when I'm in there and I've been known to scoff down a few "roadie" pork buns from the little stall inside the entrance to the mall, but today "Poh Piah's" - here I come! That website is pretty cool too Willis - I can see that gym membership becoming necessary now, otherwise you'll see me on "Australia's Biggest Loser" in 2008

dogsbody... I know you will be "eating your heart out" at this news, being that you must return to the desert today I'll post a "Poh Piah" Ride Report later today I'll test them for you - just to make sure they're OK!

masterbrewer... I reckon we might need to sample some of your 'unlabelled' creations in the near future

Walter... I think Willis should have that DR650 waiting for you in his shed when you return to Adelaide.

fethers... Good to see you on this thread. You may already be aware, but we have met each other years ago. We both have mutual friends. I'll PM you. Hope you can make it to Melrose.

Cheers,

Pete
Old 05-01-2007, 04:34 AM   #96
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Willis, when you find the Poh Piah shop post it up, I work close to the markets.. and that food appeals to me :)

I work on the corner of Gawler Place and Flinders street, so 10min waddle and im there :)

Will be good to meet you guys when I finally get my act together, just dont bring those chastity belts.. they dont look fun (yes I looked.. curiosity killed the cat and all that ;))
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:31 AM   #97
OzAdvRider
EZrider

Poh Piah

Hi Big M, roger that. Only Poh Piah's yes. The C belts was a preventative counter measure to Kym's APB One cannot be to careful these days
Catch up soon. Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM
Willis, when you find the Poh Piah shop post it up, I work close to the markets.. and that food appeals to me :)

I work on the corner of Gawler Place and Flinders street, so 10min waddle and im there :)

Will be good to meet you guys when I finally get my act together, just dont bring those chastity belts.. they dont look fun (yes I looked.. curiosity killed the cat and all that ;))
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 AM   #98
fethers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne640
Will be good to catch up again fethers, havent seen you since that NSW ride.

Hows the wounds healing ?

Also have been meaning to ask you if you have any of those fairings ready yet ?.

seeya soon wayne
I'm down your way in the morning for more X-rays. Hopefully they look good enough that I don't need to keep going to the RAH for more. I've been to Adelaide more times this year than the last 3 put together!!!

The wrist and shoulder feel OK, I've only done a small exploratory ride so far and intend on testing them again before Melrose. If I'm OK I will come over with the 525 in the back and will ride from lunch-ish for a few hours and could show a few people around if wanted but I don't want to get ahead of myself yet, I'll wait on X-ray results and a test ride before organising a ride.

Will talk about the fairings later, we went cold on them.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #99
goldfinger
goldfinger

Oddometer: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanOne
That's it goldfinger! Count me in!

You mentioned 'bakery' twice, drink and ride all in the one sentence. You sure know the quickest way to HumanOne's heart

I'll confirm before then, I am not sure if I will be summoned to work this weekend or not, but if not, I'll most certainly join you.

Looking forward to meeting you then.

Cheers,

Pete

Excellent Pete,
I am heading down to Normanville tomorrow for a few days rest so will be away from computer look for two blokes eating pies near a couple of bikes look forward to it.

Paul.
goldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #100
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,527
Goldfinger

Anyone else want to ride down together? on dirt (easy) of course!

Meet say 8.30 am depart 8.45 am Hungry Jacks carpark corner South Rd & Marion Rd Darlington (easier entry from Marion Rd side)

Please indicate if we can expect you & it might be a good idea to pm first name, contact mobile No (will not be disclosed on forum) & type of bike to look out for, so I can pass it onto BigM to help with his register of SA ADV riders.

TDM Kym

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-01-2007 at 04:27 PM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #101
masterbrewer
TDMster

Indicative route I'm taking

Darlington
Bakers Gully
South to Toops Hill Rd
Badgers Rd
Range Rd West
Louds Hill Rd
Myponga
James Track
Kemmiss Hill Rd
Normanville
Cappuccino & bun

Old 05-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #102
BigM OP
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
If you guys that aren't riding and therefore wont PM Kym, do want to PM me your firstname and bike type (or just bike type) i can add it to the list at the front, that way it keeps all the 'adminsitrative stuff' outta the thread.

Im off to Hahndorf tonight for the next few days, there is about 16 of us heading down there to undertake some work. So i wont be able to update from there, but when i get back on Saturday or Sunday I will update the front page.

Mike
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #103
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,264
Not a bad route , Masterbrewer , though I prefer going up Kemmis hill rather than down. Especialy on road tyres.

However , I havent had the big GS on wet dirt yet , so I dont know how the worn out Scorpions STs will handle what will be soft going - Pardana had 160 points last week so Range Road West will be soggy to say the least,and more rain is forecast for later this week.

I have a set of Mitas E- 08 s to fit , but they are just a copy of the STs and wont be much better, except in the hip pocket , as they were less than $200- the pair incl over night delivery to Adelaide.

Sounds like you will be going through Clarendon around 9 AM , so if I am coming I will join in there, but dont wait around
Beemerboff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #104
masterbrewer
TDMster

Hope to see you at Clarendon Beemerboff.

I'll be just takin' it easy as there is no rush.

However every individual is totally responsible for their own judgement calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerboff
Not a bad route , Masterbrewer , though I prefer going up Kemmis hill rather than down. Especialy on road tyres.

However , I havent had the big GS on wet dirt yet , so I dont know how the worn out Scorpions STs will handle what will be soft going - Pardana had 160 points last week so Range Road West will be soggy to say the least,and more rain is forecast for later this week.

I have a set of Mitas E- 08 s to fit , but they are just a copy of the STs and wont be much better, except in the hip pocket , as they were less than $200- the pair incl over night delivery to Adelaide.

Sounds like you will be going through Clarendon around 9 AM , so if I am coming I will join in there, but dont wait around
Weather forecast looks good with only clearing showers on Friday and drying wind http://www.weatherzone.com.au/local/...046&pcode=5202

and the roads chosen are fairly good well graded ridge top roads.

BigM Didn't mean to steal your thunder about pm's, only trying to make loife fun.

Cheers

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-02-2007 at 01:12 AM
Old 05-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #105
HumanOne
shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer: 1,255
Sounds like a plan Kym!

I'll meet you there at 8.30am. Don't have to work, so should be a good day.

An easy route would suit me too. I'm currently without 'crash bars' until my Insurance Claim has been finalized. I'd like not to drop the bike onto the tanks until then.

So as you say, we are all Masters of our own Destinies and if I can see myself skidding down slippery hills on my side, then I may find an alternative route.

Cheers until then!

Pete