ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 05:33 AM   #12916
arborsmarty
WFO
 
arborsmarty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Gawler South Australia
Oddometer: 339
Are the extra cylinders intended to be sand stabilisers?




Sent from my Crapple CryPad using Crapatalk
__________________
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!!
arborsmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:23 AM   #12917
TwoUpTourer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 115
Tent recommendations

As I'm contemplating a trip up north later in the year, I've started accumulating a bit of kit, and I'm wondering what experiences any of you may have had in selecting a tent. Being able to carry it on the back is the primary objective of course, but what worked, what was a pain in the butt etc.

What I have in mind is the smallest 2 man tent so that I'm not too cramped and have a bit of head space, which some of the swag/tube types look to be.
__________________
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
Don't die wondering..........
SPOT map ->
TwoUpTourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:54 AM   #12918
PBee
______________
 
PBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kersbrook
Oddometer: 8,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoUpTourer View Post

What I have in mind is the smallest 2 man tent so that I'm not too cramped and have a bit of head space, which some of the swag/tube types look to be.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=942414
A bit of info here, ignore some of the elitist crap & you might find something.

And here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556376

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678223

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786087

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839811

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267176
__________________


QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB Est 2011.
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #12919
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist
 
Phil_Fong's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Land of Schnitzels
Oddometer: 12,846
Anyone know how much rain last night ?

thought I was back in Queensland
__________________
tEAM nONG - Quorn Schnitzel Club

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #12920
desert dog
scrub basher
 
desert dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Port Lincoln
Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Fong View Post
Anyone know how much rain last night ?

thought I was back in Queensland

yep 15mm in the gauge this morning mate

cheers matty
__________________
Trailer tyres are cheaper than bike tyres
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #12921
HappyTraveller
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Tanunda, Barossa Valley, South Australia
Oddometer: 39
Ride across the Nullarbor within the next week or two

Hi guys,

i am a german on a working holiday in Australia, riding a Honda Transalp.

I have just finished vintage in a winery in the Barossa Valley and am now planning my trip to WA.

I was wondering if there is anyone heading that direction too within the next two weeks.
If so, let me know and we could meet up and do a bit of touring together, since it is always a bit more fun if you're not all by yourself.

I dont really have a planned trip or schedule, i tend do take/do things as they come, so very flexible.

Any answer or comment is much appreciated. Maybe even just advice what sights to look at, beaches to ride, pubs to go to etc.

Thanks heaps for your answers
HappyTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:03 AM   #12922
TwoUpTourer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTraveller View Post
Hi guys,

Any answer or comment is much appreciated. Maybe even just advice what sights to look at, beaches to ride, pubs to go to etc.

Thanks heaps for your answers
Don't be tempted to swim off the coast on the way across. Spielberg didn't film the shark scenes for Jaws there for nothing! :)
__________________
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
Don't die wondering..........
SPOT map ->
TwoUpTourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #12923
bull600
Gnarly Adventurer
 
bull600's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Adelaide South Australia
Oddometer: 348
A couple of South Aussies head east...

I've started up a RR from a recent High Country trip if anyone is interested

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=974954

bull600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #12924
desert dog
scrub basher
 
desert dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Port Lincoln
Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTraveller View Post
Hi guys,

i am a german on a working holiday in Australia, riding a Honda Transalp.

I have just finished vintage in a winery in the Barossa Valley and am now planning my trip to WA.

I was wondering if there is anyone heading that direction too within the next two weeks.
If so, let me know and we could meet up and do a bit of touring together, since it is always a bit more fun if you're not all by yourself.

I dont really have a planned trip or schedule, i tend do take/do things as they come, so very flexible.

Any answer or comment is much appreciated. Maybe even just advice what sights to look at, beaches to ride, pubs to go to etc.

Thanks heaps for your answers
hi happy traveller,

if you are coming via port lincoln then let me know and we can go for a ride around the place...................

You also have somewhere to stay if you need a bed etc.

this is at coffin bay national park with thierry last week.



I can also take you for a sail and let you swim with the fish..........

cheers matty
__________________
Trailer tyres are cheaper than bike tyres
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #12925
PBee
______________
 
PBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kersbrook
Oddometer: 8,720
Desert Dog, international tour guide of mystery.....................
__________________


QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB Est 2011.
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE


PBee screwed with this post 05-03-2014 at 07:18 PM
PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #12926
desert dog
scrub basher
 
desert dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Port Lincoln
Oddometer: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBee View Post
Desert Dog, international tour guide of mystery.....................


sailing across boston bay for lunch...................

http://

so when you boys coming over?

cheers matty
__________________
Trailer tyres are cheaper than bike tyres

desert dog screwed with this post 05-03-2014 at 08:32 PM
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:10 AM   #12927
Gateshutter
Exiled
 
Gateshutter's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Been there Done that
Oddometer: 2,759
Invested in one of those motion sensor cams and stuck it in a tree up at the bush block, was only expecting to capture a few roos or birds, but here is somebody up near the shed and caravans, they shouldn't be in there at all , theres a barb wire fence to climb. just goes to show what goes on when nobody is around good value these cams


__________________
Quorn Schnitzel club Founding Member Filthy Stew Schnitzel
Gateshutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:18 AM   #12928
barneyrubble
Just tired
 
barneyrubble's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: 34.9290 S, 138.6010 E
Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateshutter View Post
Invested in one of those motion sensor cams and stuck it in a tree up at the bush block, was only expecting to capture a few roos or birds, but here is somebody up near the shed and caravans, they shouldn't be in there at all , theres a barb wire fence to climb. just goes to show what goes on when nobody is around good value these cams


Cheeky bugger. Anything gone missing?
__________________
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
barneyrubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:23 AM   #12929
Gateshutter
Exiled
 
Gateshutter's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Been there Done that
Oddometer: 2,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyrubble View Post
Cheeky bugger. Anything gone missing?
No nothing missing , looks like the local feral that lives down the road a few Ks, she's been told before to keep out ,
__________________
Quorn Schnitzel club Founding Member Filthy Stew Schnitzel
Gateshutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:27 AM   #12930
PBee
______________
 
PBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kersbrook
Oddometer: 8,720
Good quality for security cam!!

Print the photo & give it to him.
Then move the cam.
__________________


QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB Est 2011.
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014