Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #16
Cupid Stunt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Got some new jackets in that I'll be testing out and sending off to magazines for review

Dane Borglum

Very impressed with the fit and finish so far but yet to try it out on the road/trails/rain etc
I'll be out in mine tomorrow :)

BORGLUM GORE-TEX®

Those who are always on the road know the importance of a good fitting Jacket, a jacket that doesn"t fit can spoil your fun.
That"s why the DANE BORGLUM jacket gives you what you need, a jacket that fits with lots of adjustment and flexibility.
The BORGLUM with its GORE TEX membrane is wind proof, waterproof and breathable has many features and carries out all these functions.

Special details:
  • Waterproof document pocket
  • Inside pocket
  • Adjustable comfort collar
  • 4 outside pockets
  • Comfort zip cover
  • Polyamide outside layer with rub-proof DYNAX® on the shoulder
  • Dirt-repellent DuPont® Teflon treatment
  • Storm cuffs
  • Luxury, removeable quilted liner
  • Large waist adjustment velcro straps
  • Cuff adjustment
  • Hem adjustment
  • Upper arm adjustment
  • Waterproof zippers on lower outer pockets
  • Scotchlite
  • 4 x Zipped vents
  • Crotch safety belt
  • Short connection zipper for Dane trousers
http://www.riderz.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=277

Also got in some very tough roll top waterproof luggage/bag rolls

Cupid Stunt screwed with this post 12-22-2007 at 11:28 AM
Cupid Stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
Cupid Stunt
Studly Adventurer

OK, here's an update after plenty of varied use...

It really stands up to the weather very well, no water ingress anywhere and very warm, the fit really is very adjustable too, outer shell is tough as old boots and teh Dupont coating works well to prevent the outer shell from soaking up water though of course teh Goretex membrane is the real waterproofing behind it, it's just nice to know that if you're riding two days and it's wet the kit won't be saoking outside for day two

Downside
It's too warm for tough off-road terrain, especially if you're as unfit as I am
Cupid Stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:53 AM   #18
rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
New stock.. and European Shipping...

Good news for those who have been enquiring, the website is now configured to accept orders from europe at last, sorry for the delays. Anyone from further a field are most welcome, please contact me (info(at)gearpac.com) for costs.

Secondly we have a number of new items in stock including the ortlieb Hip-pack amougst others and further items will be arriving all being well in the next few weeks.

Safe riding all.

John
Old 02-05-2008, 05:31 AM   #19
CLion
stromtrooper

Oddometer: 7
Bike Rentals in Italy

if you are thinking of riding the green hills of Tuscany, the hairpins of the Dolomites or the superb road up the Etna volcano in Sicily contact Central Italy Motorcycle Tours for rentals, tours and advice.

www.cimt.it
CLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:22 AM   #20
Bill@Mission
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill@Mission
We are now selling heated gear (and running some promos from October)
Now we're not .....
Bill Shaw.
Bill@Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #21
Bill@Mission
Gnarly Adventurer

As well as our rental business - www.missionmotos.biz we are starting to import and distribute some of the following lines of product into Europe - Marsee Designs, Helen Twowheels, Caribou and Micatech Adventure Mototrcycle luggage. Most Americans will recognise these names and they will in Europe too as we raise the profile of these brands over the next few months. Initial response from Press and Public has been very good - our products will be appearing in the motorcycle press very soon.

We are still looking for dealers - would you like to become a dealer? - click here for further information.

Look forward to hearing from you
Bill Shaw.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:37 AM   #22
Bill@Mission
Gnarly Adventurer

Accommodation/Bike Friendly Hotels B&B's etc

Hi

We are trying to build up a database of bike friendly establishments in France, Spain and indeed elsewhere. www.MotoPyrenees.com

If you have any recommendations or indeed you run one please e-mail us at Team@MotoPyrenees.com

The easiest for us is if you send
Country-Region-state/Dept/County etc -Nearest Big Town- Town/Village-website-e-mail

but if you e-mail us the website address or e-mail that will be fine too.
Many tbanks
Bill Shaw.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #23
Forth1
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Forth Gear - Clothing & accessories in Scotland - big on service & Choice.
www.forthgear.co.uk - Give us a go, many in Canada, USA and Europe have & are now happy bunnies!
Forth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #24
motorbike.ventures
n00best of the n00b

Oddometer: 101
Motorcycle Rental in the Czech Republic

Well, have to put us here too!

Motorcycle rental in Central Europe, Prague, Czech Republic. Also annual trips taken around Europe each year (join for only rental fees and your personal fees!) as well as motorcycle purchasing for those who decide to move here. Classic motorcycle purchasing available as well.

Check out our website, http://www.motorbikeventures.com

MV: Deauville, Transalp, CB500, Shadow, SV650 S

Mine: Suzuki DR 350
motorbike.ventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:42 AM   #25
BDG
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 978
Off Road holidays in Namibia

If like me you want to ride across Africa but don't have the time to do it or the back up of Ewan and Charley there is another option of a few weeks holiday in Namibia to experience something of Africa. Just in case anyone is interested have a look at

www.graveltravel.co.uk

We supply the bikes, guide, back up vehicle, hotels, lodges, camping, and the price includes flights from the UK, though we can also organise trips without flights if you don't live in the UK.

If anyone has any questions about whats on offer please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking.

I'm a very efficient idiot.
BDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #26
gagnaou
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,279
Vacation House in France in Lafayette's country

I hope this is where it belongs, but I am sure that if it is not the Moderator will let me know. Here is what we are offering for your enjoyment, a vacation house in the french country side. We are working on the english version, but in the mean time you can use Google, it does an okay translation.
So why it is here, just because it is one of the best place in France to ride a motorcycle! This is the part of France that you want to see where people are really nice and the landscape is amazing.
The region of Brioude is well known in France for its offroad riding as it is where was organized the first enduro in France. The region has hosted also the ISDE (six days) and numerous french championship!
Last year when I was there fixing it up (everything is brand new!) I got to go riding quite a bit and here are a few pictures to make you want to come. As usual, if you have a bigger bike, you will have to know your limits! There is a garage on site that could be used for the bikes or to park a trailer.

On a very serious note, off road riding there like a lot of places in Europe is under a lot of pressure therefore it is my hope that people who will come will do their best to be respectful and keep this riding heaven open for our pleasure.

Luc

501 FE Husaberg
1190 KTM adventure R
gagnaou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #27
Cupid Stunt
Studly Adventurer

Some more kit now available

Top of the range Kushitani textiles

Kushitani Masaru Jacket

Absolute the best when it comes to textile jackets.
A jacket with Gore-Tex® Pro-Shell three-layer laminate, with extreme high-breath through qualities. And of course with STORMCUFFS®, INVISTA® thermal lining and CE protection.
The Pro Shell laminate givea a lighter weight garment with much improved durability and weather protection

Special details:
  • Gore tex Pro Shell 3 layer laminate, the latest and best available
  • Removeable luxury quilted liner
  • 2 outside pockets
  • Double sleeve width adjustment
  • Waterproof document pocket
  • Thermal insulation made from 100g Thermolite® Active by INVISTA
  • Labyrinth closure at the front
  • Leather reinforcement at the elbow and shoulder
  • Reflective piping and print at the back
  • Adjustable hem with inside cord
  • Chest -and waist adjustment at the side
  • TFL Cool System on leather areas, up to 40 degrees cooler

http://www.riderz.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=566

Kushitani Masaru Trousers

Pro-Shell represents the top in breathable materials:
A high qualified three-layer laminatie with the super breathable GORE-TEX® Pro Shell membrane, makes the MASARU one of the most comfortable to wear on your motor cycle.

Special details:
  • Flexible leg closure by zipper and velcro
  • Gore tex Pro Shell 3 layer laminate, the latest and best available
  • Large leather reinforcement at the side, knees and bottom
  • Reflective prints at knee area
  • Thermo-isolating made of 80g INVISTA Thermolite®
  • Elastic areas made of GORE-TEX® Oran 3L at crotch area and above knee
  • Individual adjustable waistband with raised back
  • 1 Outer-pocket
  • Fixing option for detachable braces inside
  • TFL Cool System on leather areas, up to 40 degrees cooler

http://www.riderz.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=568
Old 06-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #28
wonky
Team F5 !

Oddometer: 471
adventure-spec!

Hi,

Id like to introduce www.adventure-spec.com to the advrider community in europe.

We're a new company and have been operating for just over six months from our base int the north of england.

We import the Klim range of clothing to the UK, manufacture our own growing range of hard parts under the 'Guard-It-Technology' banner and are building a range of quality adventure biking equipment, including Kriega luggage and RAM Mounts for GPS' etc. All our prices include first class UK postage and any European orders will have shipping added at the standard rate.

We are currently sponsoring several riders including Team FrontrowGB, Craig Bounds and Mick Hall. Stan Watt of FrontrowGB was recently 3rd in the Optic Rally of Tunisia, Craig Bounds has won the last 3 UK Big Trail Bike Rallies and Mick Hall has just completed an epic 5000 mile ride in 5 days!(yes you did read that right)

Check out the 'Riders' pages in the website for more details plus loads of photos video and audio interviews from the riders. Also check out our Gallery for photos from our own trips.

We are total bike nuts ourselves. We setup Adventure-Spec to try and provide an outlet to cater for all those adventure biking essentials that you usually end up foraging for weeks to find on the net. Although we are nowhere near achieving this goal, we are constantly expanding our range of products and services with the view to eventually being a true one-stop-shop. With this in mind, dont be shy to contact us if we dont list what you need on the site. Its quite likely we'll be able to source it and will try our best to point you in the right direction if we cant.

Check out the 'About Us' section for a little on our biking backgrounds.
We'll be out and about at plenty of events over the summer, with the Horizons Unlimited meeting near Derby in early July the first big one.

Keep an eye on our website for our events itinerary and to keep track of our new products.

Cheers!

Chris Colling
www.adventure-spec.com
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.
Tom Jenkinson (squarepusher)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
KTM 690 Adventure-Spec Parts
KTM LC8 Adventure and SE Skidplate

wonky screwed with this post 06-08-2008 at 03:05 PM
wonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #29
icestorm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Iceland - Pure Adventure !

We offer premium guided pure adventure tours in Iceland, - the land of ice & fire. Day tours, long tours, customized tours and bike rental. Once in a lifetime experience. Only new 2008 model BMW F 650 GS bike, fully equipped with two side luggage cases, heated grips and more. Look at our website - www.bluemountain.is.
Attached Images

KTM 990 ADV S 2007
Yamaha XT660R 2007
www.sverrirth.com
icestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #30
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Honda CRF 230 bits

I know its not an "adventure" bike but I've made a full carbon bash plate and casing covers--clutch and alternator. These are a follow on from my now well known tank guards for the KTM640 adventure and are a "hobby " product. The parts have been tested in Hare and Hounds (by my son), and now by me at several Adventure "days out", and if anyone is interested then please get in touch--I have the moulds, and one or two parts--prices are very competitive!! (file now uploaded)

regards, ChrisCRF 230 bash plateCRF 230 bash plate and Alt cover
Attached Images

Chrisbarnes1 screwed with this post 10-17-2009 at 03:32 AM
Chrisbarnes1 is offline   Reply With Quote