User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2008, 03:58 AM   #31
Nomad&Wendy
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Riders Rest Dot Net

1st post on the forum was reccommended to visit and post our details...

We run a Bikers Only B&B in the Correze Region of France with accommodation suited for Solo riders; groups and couples, and comprises:
    • 1 double en-suite
    • 1 double room with shared bathroom and toilet
    • 1 twin room with shared bathroom and toilet
    • 1 Club Room with 2 showers, 1 bath and 3 toilets, en-suite - sleeps upto 9 solo riders
    • Workshop facilities and motorcycle recovery trailer can also be made available
Ideally located for further travel to Spain, The Midi Pyrenees, or the South Coast of France, or even the Rhone Alps.

Nomad&Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #32
1200 adventure newbi
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Morocco Trail Ride ....nov-08

Hi any riders interested in taking their trail bike to Morocco this November?
I live near Sudbury Suffolk and have been taking riders to morocco for two years. I can offer transport of your bike down to southern Spain and return.Then you fly into Gerez airport ,entering via Tarifa/Tangiers and i guide you for 8 days trail and piste riding in morocco,experiencing Atlas mountains ,dunes ,valleys and gorges. Flights from Stansted cost 50 on Ryanair ,i have accommodation booked in Spain and Morocco. accommodation is 10-25 euros a night in Morocco ,fuel is cheap .the road are empty and the climate is warm and dry.
Transport and Guiding is 600 per bike .
Trail riding experience is essential as is reliable bike ,mileage approx 1500 miles .. we have dvd of the last few trips please contact me for further details regards Bryan Rooke 01787 278335
Old 09-25-2008, 06:17 AM   #33
Motostrail
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Hello,

We are a spanish couple of dual sport riders which are just starting with some friends to run a little motorcycle guided tour business.
If you wish to discover the most authentic side of the north of Spain -we are focusing Catalonia but we have tailored tours if you have any other idea-, very far away of those typical tours oriented to foreigners, you are more than welcome. We organize tours both on-road and off-road for little groups. We aim to offer the best deal quality-price for you. We want you to enjoy our sunny, beautiful and twisted Motorcycle Heaven!

We are finishing our website and we are releasing this with some more utilities. If you would like to get a glimpse here is the link

Motostrail screwed with this post 09-25-2008 at 01:15 PM
Motostrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #34
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
KTM 08/09 and 04/07 EXC carbon headlight replacement

For those of you that do H and H or don't want to crack your headlight in daylight excursions I've made (as part of my garage hobby) a carbon replacement that "fills the hole"--two studs go through the existing headlamp mask mounting and the self tapper at the bottom (headlamp adjustment) supports the stabilising bracket. Gel coat, two layers of carbon--and then glass--probably a lot tougher than it needs to be. It won't be cheap (35 quids)--because its fiddly to make--but if you are interested then please get in touch.(update It should read 08/09) I'm also going to make some straight covers that you'll have to velcro onto the headlight--probably 20 quids.(Update--have made these).
Update--I'm working on the 04/07 EXC versions--different headlight shape--and headlights are more expensive than the 08/09-60 quids plus--Update on the update--Now have the 04/07 version done.

regards, CB

Here's a pic of the 04/07 version

Chrisbarnes1 screwed with this post 02-08-2009 at 03:36 AM Reason: Revised title and additional pics
Chrisbarnes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #35
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 3,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupid Stunt
Some more kit now available
need to buy some gear. sent u a pm.

cheers
Vicks
Old 01-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #36
Cupid Stunt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
New Dual Sport helmet coming to the UK soon (around end of Feb-mid March)

Got very good reviews on webbikeworld, price will be very keen and will also be available in plain colours

www.zeus-helmets.co.uk
Old 02-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #37
Vicks
I love sand !!!

mynetmoto - euro tyre dealer

just putting in a good word for a deserving EURO based tyre dealer. Ships anywhere u need, best prices that i could find, very quick delivery & prompt response to emails/queries.

I ordered 4 tyres (2 rear + 2 fronts) for my 990S and after i made the payment, they received 5EUR less due to some reason. They still shipped the tyres to me and i got them within 3 days of making the payment

am a very satisfied customer now...

they are here - mynetmoto.com
Old 03-05-2009, 07:12 AM   #38
Stormforce8
Farkle Tart

Oddometer: 520
I've been a member of the ADVRider forum for quite a while now and not posted about my business before, but we have some exiting news to share with you all.

Last year I got together with my wife (Annette) and 2 buddies (Chad and Jon) to start manufacturing protection products for Adventure Sport motorbikes. We had all been looking for stuff for our bikes and had been disappointed at the general difficulties in getting what we wanted.

We set up www.ruggedroads.co.uk towards the end of last year and have so far been overwhelmed with the support we have received from other bikers.
We design and produce the items in our factory in England and everything is made to a high specification. We rigorously test everything on our own bikes before we think about selling them.

We ship worldwide through our online web shop.

I hope you like what you see , and currently with the strength of the Euro you'll be able to see how competitive we are. If you have any questions, please drop me a PM or contact my wife, annette@ruggedroads.co.uk as she is in the shop everyday.

And just to let you know that we extensively test all of our products on our own or friends bikes before we sell them - I ride a Honda Africa Twin RD07A, Annette rides a BMW R1150GS, Chad rides a BMW R1150GSA and Jon rides a KTM 990 Adventure S - and we have all had numerous other adventure sport bikes previously from the Honda, BMW, KTM and Yamaha brands.

Regards
Stormforce8
1989 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin RD04 - HRC
'Maybe I'm just simple - but can't we all just get along..........'
Stormforce8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #39
bsogri
RIDE MOTORCYCLE TOURS

Oddometer: 17
Wicked Ride Motorcycle Tours

Ride Motorcycle Tours www.ridemotorcycletours.com offer motorcycling adventures in the UK and EUROPE
Relax with us safe in the knowledge that we will take you on the best biking roads travelling through the finest scenery while visiting the most interesting places.
UK TOURS:- Ride the twisties in the wilds of Scotalnd or the spectacular passes of the English Lake District, or wear your tyres out in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales.
New for this year we will travel over the sea to Ireland for the NW 200 road race and explore Donegal whilst there, later in the year we will tour S/West ireland visiting Kilarney,Galway and ride the stunning Ring of Kerry.
EUROPE:- Ride with us on the smooth sweepers of Germany's Eifel Mountains and the scary Nurburgring,Mosel/RHine Valleys and Black Forest.
Or ride the Swiss,Italian,Austrian,French Alpine passes.
We will also visit Spain's Picos de Europa and Moto-Piston Rally in October
combined with a run to Portugal's Douro National Park.
bsogri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #40
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,218
BMW R100RS For Sale - UK

Advertising for an elderly friend who has no internet access.

1978 BMW R100RS
Complete bike but requires a bit finishing & an MOT.
Many new parts, otherwise in original condition.
Requires a few more fasteners for the fairing & mudguards.

New brake components, fitted & bled.
New tyres & tubes supplied but still to be fitted.
New battery.
New piston rings & plugs.
New silencers.

Genuine 17,563 miles, the current owner has owned it for years, unused for many years, started to renovate it a while ago but poor health prevents him from proceeding.

Matching frame & engine numbers.

Looking for 2,000 ono.

Call David Smith on 01789-740963 / 07779-061137.

Bike's located between Oxford & Stratford Upon Avon.

Only contact me if unable to make contact with David.

Pics here: http://possu.smugmug.com/gallery/751...85484019_RAMmQ

Possu screwed with this post 03-05-2009 at 12:14 PM
Possu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:06 AM   #41
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbarnes1
That would be Jason and Justin at Gear4 (Market Deeping, Lincs)--my local dealer--and I was helping them out at the NEC on the KTM clothing stand.--toasters have sold well! They are both young guns and both ride motocross etc--I've told them not to let Justin try the RC8 when it arrives--he spends enough time on the back wheel as it is. They do try hard--and very convenient for me. I'll pass on the comment in case they don't see it.

CB
sent an email enquiring about KTM Rallye jacket & some other KTM stuff on friday. Hope they reply soon.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #42
schattat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,419
Compass Repeaters/Tripmasters for sale!

Hey guys,

For those that are interested, I'm selling digital compass repeaters and tripmasters as they are known from rallyes, such as the "Dakar".
More infos available here

Yamaha WR450F Rallye Spec
schattat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #43
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

KTM 640A (and EXCs with the same swinging arm extrusion)

Just developed these carbon swinging arm protectors for the KTM 640A (these are also very similar to 250/400/525 EXCs with the same extrusion--2002 to 2004 approx). If you are interested then just drop me a PM.

I haven't added the chainguard yet--but will provide phots (the cutouts to cater for the chainguard are optional)--latest 20/04--pic of chainguard in position added--with cutouts remodelled in top edge it fits as "standard" (but is always a pain because of the screw at the front/top surface)

Regards, CB
640A/EXC Chain guards example-outside view
640A Swinging arm protector RHS without chain guard 3640A Swinging arm protector LHS 2KTM 640A swinging arm protector with chainguard 2

Chrisbarnes1 screwed with this post 04-20-2009 at 04:09 PM
Old 05-01-2009, 12:51 AM   #44
Cupid Stunt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
New Dual Sport / Enduro helmets in stock

Uvex Enduro Carbon Kevlar 469.99:
http://www.riderz.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=655

Uvex Enduro Polycarb 189.99:
http://www.riderz.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=654

Arashi Enduro Black 64.99:
http://www.riderz.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=656

Arashi Enduro Baja 69.99:
http://www.riderz.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=657

Cupid Stunt screwed with this post 05-01-2009 at 10:02 AM
Cupid Stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #45
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

KTM LC8 carbon clutch and Alt covers

The hobby continues!---The Clutch cover is now up and running with a hidden kevlar patch between the carbon layers (better abrasion resistance). Price is 39 GBP plus a couple of quid for uk postage. People seem pretty happy so far.

I'm working on a matching alternator cover and its nearly there--slight mods to internal press mould required to get the fit to my standard--but I've attached a couple of pics to give you an idea. I'll update the post when its ready--price will be the same but I'll probably discount a little bit for a pair.

LATEST UPDATE 11 AUG--ALT COVER NOW FINE SO "PAIRS" AVAILABLE

Regards, CB
href="http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/rr230/catcitrus/?action=view&current=LC82009009.jpg" target="_blank">LC8 Clutch cover 1/catcitrus/LC82009009.jpg" border="0" alt="LC8 Clutch cover 8">
LC8 Clutch cover 7
LC8 Clutch cover 8LC8 Clutch cover 4LC8 Alt Cover 2LC8 Alt cover 1LC8 Carbon alt cover

Chrisbarnes1 screwed with this post 08-16-2009 at 03:32 AM Reason: Adding pic