User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 06:32 AM   #46
icestorm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Tours - Rental - Tours - Rental - Tours - Rental

Hi everyone, www.bluemountain.is, we are the guys to talk to when going to Iceland, whether it on with your own bike or if you want to rent a bike. We also offer real adventure tours on dual-sport bikes, Yamaha XT660R and BMW F650 GS Twin, and we are also KTM adventure tour provider on KTM EXC 250/450 bikes for those who want to explore Iceland the Enduro way ! Contact us today and we can arrange the experience of a lifetime.

Have you ever tought about what Iceland can offer the motocycle world ? A unique landscape and a beautiful nature. You can experience the same landscape as Mongolia, the safety of the west, the rescue team never more than a hour away from the most remote areas, the luxury when you want it and need it etc. etc. Our currency is weak this months, so it is a great opportunity to visit us now.

Wisit our website, www.bluemountain.is and see if we can do something for you.

KTM 990 ADV S 2007
Yamaha XT660R 2007
www.sverrirth.com
icestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #47
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
carbon fibre wind chimes

For the biker that has everything (nearly)---my latest creation which will either appeal or make you cry! (but its fun!).
I'm prepared to make one or two to order and could change the wind catcher to your design(see latest note below) if I can create a new profile.
Tubes are 22mm anodised aluminium from 9.5 to 15.5 inches. Pop rivets (uncompressed and epoxied in position) are used for string guides. The string is 20 lb braided fishing line--tough and very thin. The "bell", striker and wind catcher are genuine carbon (with some glass backup/infill) . It takes ages to make and put together so price will reflect this at "lots of dosh" (contact me for a quote)-
Sounds good too!
I've now added a BMW R80GS (mid 80s) windcatcher as an option--see pics below (Dec 2009)
Regards, CBcarbon wind chime 003Carbon wind chime 023carbon wind chime 019R80GS wind chimesR80GS wind chimesR80GS wind chimesR80GS wind chimes

Chrisbarnes1 screwed with this post 12-11-2009 at 12:40 AM
Chrisbarnes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #48
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,215
Chris, nice work but you need to get out more often.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:20 AM   #49
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Carbon wind chimes

Don't forget that I am "semi" retired so do have time to respond to those "odd" challenges-Its just adding to my chime collection and helping the meditation process-and yes I do need to get out more often--see you in Rhayader!

ps I think it beats a KTM toaster!

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possu
Chris, nice work but you need to get out more often.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #50
komatias
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Chris,
If I send you the covers off a BMW f650gs think you could make me a set of carbon protectors?
komatias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #51
tagesk
Tuscan rider

Oddometer: 3,199
Thumb Bike rental, Tuscany, Italy

If you want to ride in Tuscany, you might want to check out my bike rental.
You find it here.

Thank you.

[TaSK]
Proud contributor to Wisdom and GSpot FAQ and European Ride Report Index.
IBA: 33616
tagesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #52
Cupid Stunt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
New off-road dedicated site
Nowhere near fully populated with goodies yet but it's getting there (slowly)

Riderz

Cupid Stunt screwed with this post 04-29-2010 at 05:31 AM
Cupid Stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #53
boboneleg
we can rebuild him.

Oddometer: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbarnes1
Don't forget that I am "semi" retired so do have time to respond to those "odd" challenges-Its just adding to my chime collection and helping the meditation process-and yes I do need to get out more often--see you in Rhayader!

ps I think it beats a KTM toaster!

Chris
I'm going to have to get you to do repairs to my leg Chris
Old 09-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #54
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Legs

Which one?

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by boboneleg
I'm going to have to get you to do repairs to my leg Chris
Old 09-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #55
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

R65GS (R80GS) Carbon Fender Brace

My son is "converting" an ex Danish Army R65GS and we've just made a carbon fender brace to beef up the rather feeble standard mounting. Yoke hardware and special brace to fender (mudguard) bolt and nut are standard KTM (to pass through the bottom yoke -bolt M5 full thread x 2 at 60 mm-needs about 20 mm taking off 0014050603, special fender bolt 50308009050, and special nut 50308009051--you will need a couple of spacer washers to take up clearance and just clamp the thickness of the fender when this special hardware has hit its shoulder). If you are interested in a part then please contact me.

Regards, CB
R65GS now in Alpine white from Danish Army GreenR65GS Carbon fender brace 1R65GS Carbon fender brace 2R65GS Carbon fender brace 3

Chrisbarnes1 screwed with this post 09-13-2009 at 01:48 AM
Old 09-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #56
rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Just in stock.

Just had some more Ortlieb Motorcycle Panniers come into stock. Two sets have gone already, last set of this current batch. This is what they look like below. Have sold these to alot of folks who prefer them to aluminium boxes, as they seem to survive off road tumbles better. Also these are 100% waterproof.

http://www.gearpac.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=121

Also, new in, from a new supplier. The Brunston Vapor Cookset and the Talon Stove. I was really impressed with both of these, when I saw them, so much so, I decided to stock them. Anyone who likes to travel light and wants a simple but very functional stove the Talon is great.

http://www.gearpac.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23

I have also had a restock on my my Ortlieb Rackpacks, as I had sold out of a few colours.

I cannot stock everything I am able to get ahold of, so if you need something camping and travel wise, please drop me a line through the website. Cheers.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:21 AM   #57
speedjpop
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Accessories Shop in Frankurt or Karben, Germany

Hi there,

I will be going Karben in 2 weeks time for work. Hope to make use of this chance to check out any accessories shops in Frankurt Main or near Karben. Wish to get some helmets, preferly ROOF, which isnt available in my country, Singapore. Can any kind souls pls assist by providing address(es) for me??

Thank you.

Ride Safe!
speedjpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #58
dalbertini
RidetheDolomites

Oddometer: 50
Riding in the Dolomites - Alps: Accommodations, Motorcycle Tour, Motorcycle Rentals

Self-guided, Guided Motorcycle Tour in the Alps and in the Dolomites. Great and affordable Accommodations! Motorcycle Rental. Affordable motorcycle tours in the Alps - Dolomites!

www.dolomitiridingcenter.com

I am a motorcycle enthusiast and a motorcycle tour guide. And I am a lucky guy: I was born and I live in one of the best place in the world for a motorcycle rider: the Alps!

My goal is to offer the best tour of the Alps at the best price.

I will offer you all the tools needed to build your unforgettable holiday: great motorcycles, a perfect location, and an expert guide to suggest routes and offer any assistance that you might need. You can rent our motorcycle or you can ride your own motorcycle.

Freedom and Flexibility are a must: you can come everyday you want from April to October and you will always find a room and a motorcycle waiting for you. We don’t have fix dates for our tours or for the renting. Our tours are always available whenever you prefer to come. You can be alone or with a group, we do guided tours even with one person. You can decide if you want to stop one day or do a 10 days tour: everything is going to work for us!

We can offer you a room in our beautiful Vacation Home, you can rent one of our great and brand new Motorcycle (BMW GS 800), you can decide if you want a guide or you prefer a self-guided tour. We can pick you up at the airport or at the train station. Then you can relax and enjoy your unforgettable holiday!

dalbertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #59
bsogri
RIDE MOTORCYCLE TOURS

Oddometer: 17
Ride Motorcycle Tours 2010

RIDE MOTOTRCYCLE TOURS 2010
Offer exciting Tours throught Europe and the UK.

UK TOURS
English Lake District.
Nw200 road race in Ireland,
Scottish Highlands and West Coast,

EUROPEAN TOURS
Spa Classic and Germanys Black Forest,
Croatian Adventure,
5 Country Extravaganza,
Pyrenese Mountains,
Moto-Piston Rally, Picos de Europa , Spain.

www.ridemotorcycletours.com
bsogri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #60
wonky
Team F5 !

Oddometer: 471
VISIONX LED auxiliary lighting

We've just secured a supply of the truly excellent Vision X Solstice 10w LED lights.

They're really versatile, massively powerful with a tiny power draw, reliable and robust.

Helmet light
aux lights
fog lights
mountain bike lights

As well as the 10deg spot and wide/low 45/15deg pods carrying the full range of battery packs, mounting kits and wiring harness. We are working on a few bike specific mounts which should surface in a few weeks (tenere + F800gs for now)

Have a peak at the info on our site and PM me for a coupon for a very special deal until the new year.

check out this video from a US inmate. A solution for those trail-rides that run over into the night.

"We'll just squeeze one more trail in............arse, puncture!"

The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.
Tom Jenkinson (squarepusher)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
KTM 690 Adventure-Spec Parts
KTM LC8 Adventure and SE Skidplate

wonky screwed with this post 11-25-2009 at 03:23 PM
wonky is offline   Reply With Quote