Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #91
dpifko
Can u smell the It's Its?

Oddometer: 323
10 Free iPhone/iPad app downloads

Hi All,

We were running another promotion and have 10 extra codes for free downloads of the Greatest Road iOS app. The codes are for use by anyone in a country where Greatest Road is sold other than the US and Canada. They expire this Wednseday, January 12. If you're interested, please post in the Greatest Road thread here and PM me your email address.

Happy riding,

Daniel
P.S. Does anyone visit other threads while the Dakar is on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpifko View Post
Hello all,

I'd like to announce our iPhone/iPod touch/iPad app to all European inmates.

Greatest Road helps bikers to find new routes based on recommendations from other bikers. Rather than being shown in text or stored in a gpx attachment, the routes are sensibly displayed on a moving map on your iPhone display.

The app has been live for about a year on the App Store. I'm posting here because we now have:

- hundreds of rides around UK and Europe
- the app translated into German, Italian and French
- metric/imperial used based on country
- all the main features of the app

Greatest Road works in 50+ countries no matter where you bought it (data rates apply if you aren't on wi-fi).

You can get the app from the app store here: http://greatestroad.com/GetApp .

There's also a thread in Vendors at http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538683

Here are a couple of pics from the app:

Looking forward to seeing you use the app!

Daniel
Co-founder
Greatest Road Software

AVAILABLE NOW - ANDROID version: Greatest Drive
dpifko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #92
tagesk
Tuscan rider

Oddometer: 3,199
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpifko View Post
We were running another promotion and have 10 extra codes for free downloads of the Greatest Road iOS app. The codes are for use by anyone in a country where Greatest Road is sold other than the US and Canada.
Sir,
If you collect fine roads you might want to check out the European Ride Report Index; see below in my signature.

[TaSK]
Proud contributor to Wisdom and GSpot FAQ and European Ride Report Index.
IBA: 33616
tagesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #93
dpifko

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagesk View Post
Sir,
If you collect fine roads you might want to check out the European Ride Report Index; see below in my signature.

[TaSK]
Hi tagesk,

Thanks for that. The rides look fantastic. I'll see about getting them in.

That said, I've tried to build an app that allows everyone, not just us at the company, to add and find good rides. It scales better, faster, and with more relevant information than anything we could fake/guess. In addition, the app makes it much easier for viewers to see multiple rides in a single map view rather, than having to guess where the writer of the RR has traveled. I like having the "AAAAAhhhh, THAT'S where you went" enlightened moment ;-).

By the way, I have 5 free codes remaining to give out to people outside of the US or Canada

DEUTSCH

Ich habe 5 mehr freie Codes heraus zu geben heute die Fahrer außerhalb der USA oder Kanada. Die App läuft in Deutsch, Italienisch und Französisch, und findet Routen in ganz Europa.

ITALIANO

Io ho altri 5 codici gratuiti per dare oggi ai piloti al di fuori degli Stati Uniti o in Canada. L'applicazione funziona in tedesco, italiano e francese, e trova le rotte in tutta Europa.

FRANCAISE

J'ai 5 plus de codes libres de donner aujourd'hui pour cavaliers d'extérieur des États-Unis ou au Canada. L'application s'exécute en allemand, en italien et en français, et trouve tous les itinéraires à travers l'Europe.

I think we should take any further conversation over to http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...3&goto=newpost

Thanks,
Daniel

P.S. "Sir"? On ADVRider? Canadian riders just aren't that formal. Daniel works for me.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #94
gsrichie
Adventum RC

Oddometer: 17
GSA Pannier Liners

ANY WAY ROUND TOURS

The interest in these Pannier bags has been amazing, so I thought it would be beneficial to put a link on here for you all.

£49.99 for a full set of pannier bags

https://sites.google.com/site/anywayroundtour/home
gsrichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #95
attila
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
http://www.fthmotors.com
Rentals in Romania, Tours all over SE Europe.
Best rates for BMW R1100GS or Yamaha TDM 850, 3 of our most wanted tours in the area including: Transylvania, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, and the rest of the Balkans.
attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:29 PM   #96
Cristi Dragan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Ride in Romania Motorcycle Tours & Rent

Dear guest of the forum,

We are pleased to announce that we have a SPECIAL OFFER at Easter.

"Book a tour or rent a motorcycle on Easter period and get 10% DISCOUNT.
Offer available until the end of April for all the tours and motorcycle rental in 2011."

Fore more information visit:
www.rideinromania.com

Regards,
Cristian Dragan
Old 03-11-2011, 04:34 AM   #97
ACHIMOTO
ACHIMOTO

Oddometer: 53
MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURES IN BEAUTIFUL ROMANIA !!!

http://achimoto.ro/freebikersmotoadventures/en/

** With your own bike or with rent motorcycle :
http://achimoto.ro/freebikersmotoadventures/en/1296-2

** http://www.globalbiketours.com/tour/search

RESPECT

Motorcycle Adventures in beautiful Romania .
http://achimoto.ro/carpathiansmotoadventure/index%20eng.html
ACHIMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #98
dpifko

Greatest Road iPhone app v2.0 + **FREE** for a limited time + SocialNav

Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce a few items today:

1. Greatest Road version 2.0 is now available in the iTunes App Store.

We've built Notifications into the app so you can keep track of stretches you like. You'll get something like the screen below when someone comments on a stretch you've marked to your Favorites, added yourself, or commented on previously. We have a few other ways in mind of using Notifications now that the app is "wired up" for it. There are also several bug fixes and, of course, the accumulated features from the last few releases.

Notifications, like the rest of the app, work in all supported countries (50+) and languages (English, German, Italian, French)

2. For a limited time, Greatest Road is **free**

That's less than a tank of gas, by about a tank's worth. Go tell your friends, and add a zillion rides, in 50+ countries.

Get the app by clicking here:

3. The company is now called SocialNav, Inc.

On a different note, we've changed the name of the company to SocialNav. The whole idea behind this app and the others in the pipeline is bringing people together in the context of the activities they love. It's a social network for activities. In any case, we thought the name should reflect this view.

4. Android

Finally, for you Android fans, help is on the way. We're tantalizingly close to an Android version of the app. I'll post here when it's done.

Thanks for your continued support. We really appreciate it.

Good riding,

Daniel

Old 04-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #99
AltRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Job Opening: General Manager for Motorcycle Accessory Company

Job Opening
GENERAL MANAGER FOR MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORY COMPANY
April 12, 2011

This is the opportunity to play an important role in establishing a well-respected American company in the European market. AltRider is a Seattle-based company that provides accessories for the Adventure Touring motorcycles for brands that include BMW, Ducati, Kawasaki, Triumph, KTM, and Suzuki. AltRider sells both their own products and those sourced from other vendors through their website, their retail outlet, and a dealer network. AltRider is currently looking for a highly-motivated, energetic, organized, team-oriented, responsible individual to work in the company’s new facility in Germany. It is important that this person is fluent in English and German. It would be highly beneficial if this individual rode a motorcycle and was fluent in either Italian and/or French.

The General Manager will be involved in all facets of operating AltRider in Germany and providing support for much of the European market. This individual will work closely with both the President and Vice President of the company. Major job responsibilities include managing the office and day to day operations, fulfilling incoming orders from Europe, and promoting the company through various marketing activities. Initially this person will be focusing on helping in establishing the company in Germany, which will include: translating the company’s website to German; assisting in setting up the marketing approach; setting up meetings with potential partners (such as suppliers, dealers, distributors).

Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Brianna Home at Brianna.h@altrider.com. Candidates that are asked to interview may be asked to partake in skills testing related to job responsibilities. If asked to interview, the interview will take place the first week of May in Goppingen, Germany. The owners of the company will be in Goppingen during this time.

Job Functions:

o Translates website to German (and possibly Italian and French) including posting translation
o Diligently promotes AltRider through European Moto forums, YouTube, Facebook
o Translates scripts for video instructions
o Translates and distributes press releases to send to relevant European motorcycle publications
o Seeks out local publications, events, and dealers that could be beneficial to the company
o Provide consistent communication to the USA head office with daily tasks, weekly performance reports and weekly phone meetings
o Fulfills orders placed in Europe (completes order through website, packs order, ships order)

Skills Required:
o Multilingual. Fluent in English and German
o Excellent writing and communication skills
o Independent, hard-working individual
o Strong ability to meet deadlines
o One to three years experience in job with some related job duties (such as translation, shipping)
o Experience in Sales (Retail and/or to Distributors)

Skills Preferred:

o Speak and write French and Italian fluently
o University Graduate
o Knowledge and Understanding of Motorcycles/community
o Motorcycle Rider
o Adobe Suite Skills (mostly InDesign and Illustrator)
Old 04-17-2011, 03:19 AM   #100
Chrisbarnes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
KTM EXCF pannier rails, rack and tool box

I've just done some one offs on a 2009 KTM EXCF 6 Days for long distance work. If there is interest then it could be repeated. Pics on this link

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15569245#post15569245

Chris
Chrisbarnes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #101
Short'n'Spikey
Back in the saddle!

Oddometer: 68
Honda CRF450 for sale.

This bike is for sale because it seriously scares the current owner (wuss!)

Mint condition, frighteningly quick, Enduro version.

Extras include some sort of 'special' red foot pegs, a grippy kind of seat cover, some very expensive Acerbis Multiplo hand guards (originally fitted up-side-down - but all right now!) Nice shiney sticker pack with Race numbers (especially requested by Timpo for the next HAF). Still have the original stickers which have never been fitted.

The serious stuff.

October 59 plate. 450X. 120 kilos. 50 odd horse power.

Fitted with a bloody expensive fan kit.

Almost 120 miles on the clock (he managed 1 days trail riding with Robbie C before he realised that the bikes abilities far exceeded his own. I hope he never reads this or I shall be in big trouble!)

This bike will probably need a larger rear sprocket to make it more 'Trailable' - otherwise it is ready to go.

THIS BIKE IS NOT FOR A BEGINNER!

£4450

PM me.
Short'n'Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #102
ChrisUK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
Trail riding in Lithuania

Close to Vilnius and Trakai in Lithuania: Paulius Albertavicius and his wife are great people and super hosts. His website is News | Enduro Lithuania He also runs enduro tours and rents bikes. Highly recommended.
Chris
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #103
Cristi Dragan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Re: Ride in Romania Motorcycle Tours & Rent SUMMER PROMOTION

Hello everybody,

Today start the new Summer Promotion.

Book a tour or/and rent a motorcycle in this summer and get 15% DISCOUNT.

Motorcycle available for rent:
BMW F650GS
BMW K1200S
Suzuki V-strom 1000DL

All bikes are equiped with top case and sidecases.
The price include:
- transport from / at the airport
- topcase, sidecases
- unlimitead meleage
- bike transfer at the hotel
- GPS navigation

For more information please visit www.rideinromania.com

Cristian
Old 05-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #104
smok
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
set of stickers with International codes

WELCOME,

I would like to offer a set of stickers with International codes - most popular holiday`s destinations (Europe, Asia, Africa)

code of countrys: AL, FIN, UA, RUS, BIH, GB, RO, SLO, IRL, CH. TR, EST, MNE, SK, TN, SRB, V, L, S, I, DZ, H, D, AZ, N, A, E, M, P, B, F, PL, MD, MK, CZ, KZ, NL, LV, HR, MA, GE, LT, BG, MC, GR, DK, BY, HKJ, GBZ, TJ, KS, AND, MGL, TM, IS, ARM, SYR, FL, ET, PAK, IND, UZ, RC

4 sheets 64 stickers (16 stickers on one sheet B4 size)
(size of one sticker is 4,5 x 7,5 cm)
stickers are durable and weatherproof

Price for a set: 12,5 EUR
Shipping cost for free!!! (Europe)

Tel: +48 503-359-503 (POLAND)
E-mail: cispol@o2.pl
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #105
ridefreejj
dirtrider

Oddometer: 5
offering of the month

got a 2008 Tenere for sale . it's in Budapest, unregistered, 12.000 miles, with all the goodies to tour, in top condition.

PM me and we work out something.

dirtrider
ridefreejj is offline   Reply With Quote