ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #31
conibear
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413

Route containing dirt roads Powley-Piseco Road, Military Road, and Farr Road, North Lake Road (unpaved at north end). There are a bunch of primitive campsites around North Lake, and a little further up the road at South Lake. There are primitive campsites along Powley Piseco too.

There is a motorcycle restriction on the conservation easement at the north end of North Lake. I thnk the state should have gotten more for our money...
Attached Files
File Type: gpx NorthLakePowleyMilitary.gpx (27.8 KB, 241 views)
conibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #32
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,395
You mean Mr Spitzers money!Just ask him he'll tell you.The whole state is NEW YORK CITY.
I to,like my fellow New York dual sporters am discusted with the politics in our great state[Teddy Roseveilt is turn'n in his grave]and have decided to spend my dirt time in the state of Vermont,and of all places New Jersey!
The threads you guys have posted give me new reasons to try finding places in New York again.I will try some of the rides posted in this thread,and get my ass and my two wheels back up in the ADK park.
Thanks!Let us all know when you guys need company,maybe theres a way to put together a good conecting route and make a annual upstate ride.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #33
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,036
Awm, good idea. My buddies and I are planning a trip through the ADKS and I've been routing out the off road areas. Havn't had a chance to look at all your maps Conibear but they confirm many of my routes in the area. Most of my time has been near Still water and up near Paul Smiths'.
I guess the state would shit themselves if they new I road the dl1000 through the Eagle trail! Heck, I almost shit myself getting it through there! But this year I'll be back on the KLR
Attached Images

2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #34
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

In the spirit of sharing I thought I'd add this one. Been almost 20 years since I been down this rd, but back when it was a real thrill ride!
2006 KLR650

buildit screwed with this post 11-07-2010 at 06:25 AM
Old 01-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #35
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit
Awm, good idea. My buddies and I are planning a trip through the ADKS and I've been routing out the off road areas. Havn't had a chance to look at all your maps Conibear but they confirm many of my routes in the area. Most of my time has been near Still water and up near Paul Smiths'.
I guess the state would shit themselves if they new I road the dl1000 through the Eagle trail! Heck, I almost shit myself getting it through there! But this year I'll be back on the KLR
Nice,like i said get a hold when your up here.I'll pull out the DR.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #36
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Originally Posted by awm
Nice,like i said get a hold when your up here.I'll pull out the DR.
PM sent. If your looking for a trail to check out this one isn't on any of conibears maps. So I don't know if it's any good.
2006 KLR650

buildit screwed with this post 11-07-2010 at 06:25 AM
Old 01-31-2008, 12:04 PM   #37
LIVSTROM
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Indian Lake

Just going to throw my 2 cents in the ring. I ride alot by indian lake. There is a ski mountain in indian lake, the surrounding area is owned by a logging company you can ride all the logging trails. I had alot of fun on a KLR in July.
LIVSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:56 PM   #38
dancolin
Weeeehaaa!

Oddometer: 1,004
Adk

wow! i didnt realize there was so many fellow ADVers here in upstate NY..
i ride with a good size group of DSers.. it would be cool if we could all get togather to ride sometime..

06 KTM 950 Adventure
dancolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:49 PM   #39
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancolin
wow! i didnt realize there was so many fellow ADVers here in upstate NY..
i ride with a good size group of DSers.. it would be cool if we could all get togather to ride sometime..
Count me in! Hey Dan? I noticed one of your pics "Luzerne along the Hudson". When you get to the "end" of that road did you notice that there seem to be a couple different ways you can go that don't have posted signs? I was there last summer but it was a little slimey and my bud was with me on his Weestrom. I'd like to go back with the GPS and see just how far away from another road you are when your at the end.

Tony
tonymorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:00 PM   #40
byronjet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymorr
Count me in! Hey Dan? I noticed one of your pics "Luzerne along the Hudson". When you get to the "end" of that road did you notice that there seem to be a couple different ways you can go that don't have posted signs? I was there last summer but it was a little slimey and my bud was with me on his Weestrom. I'd like to go back with the GPS and see just how far away from another road you are when your at the end.

Tony
Hey another area rider here, I grew up in the Hadley-Luzerne School district and know that area quite well up along the hudson, it is state land and there are disignated seasonal trails through there. I am totaly up for a ride with the local DS crowd, even a winter ride!
byronjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:32 PM   #41
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

You guys are making me regret not living in NY anymeore
2006 KLR650
Old 01-31-2008, 09:20 PM   #42
dancolin
Weeeehaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymorr

Tony
hey Tony..If you mean the area where it turns into a circle and you can go straight along the river or right up the hill? Left takes you to veile pond rd..great ride!! and straight takes you to Hickory hill mnt in warrensburg, that is if im understanding where you mean?... i have explored that whole area pretty in depth over the years..

06 KTM 950 Adventure
Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 PM   #43
dancolin
Weeeehaaa!

just saw BRYONJETs post..he probaly knows the Bear slides (luzerne along the hudson) area better than i. also i forgot to write that both trails do eventually end with posted signs (like Bryonjet said).. that said.. a guy i ride with said he knows the owner. Then some turns into national preserve state land.

Im always up for a ride!!

06 KTM 950 Adventure
Old 02-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #44
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Ah.......,Bear slides.I broke many of laws up there when i was a kid!I remeber a guy that would go there every year for labor day,and would bring a Z1000 with a Honda 250r rear end,flat tracks and all[sicky].
We should do a dual sport run for the upstate crew.Make it yearly.
The Trans Adirondak Trail?
Theres enough of us here to do it.Maybe meet for Americade at Lake George Resort campgrounds,ext 24 I-87,[base camp],and do a two day run?I go there every year for Americade,tent site[2 tents]for the weekend is $54.They have a bar and a good cafe,and a van that go's to the villige every 1/2 hour till midnight.Theres always space,we might get a deal.
Anyone interested?Anyone will'n to map a route or two.
I don't think it would be hard,we can do it all by email.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 AM   #45
byronjet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by awm
Ah.......,Bear slides.I broke many of laws up there when i was a kid!I remeber a guy that would go there every year for labor day,and would bring a Z1000 with a Honda 250r rear end,flat tracks and all[sicky].
We should do a dual sport run for the upstate crew.Make it yearly.
The Trans Adirondak Trail?
Theres enough of us here to do it.Maybe meet for Americade at Lake George Resort campgrounds,ext 24 I-87,[base camp],and do a two day run?I go there every year for Americade,tent site[2 tents]for the weekend is $54.They have a bar and a good cafe,and a van that go's to the villige every 1/2 hour till midnight.Theres always space,we might get a deal.
Anyone interested?Anyone will'n to map a route or two.
I don't think it would be hard,we can do it all by email.
ooolala, I'll keep this in mind!
byronjet is offline   Reply With Quote