ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #31
NickBee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
I think I'm going to make a trip tonight. I will not get there till about 8ish. I ride a black RC51. Let me know how to find you guys...
BTW the food is always good there. I recommend the buffalo burger!

A pic from a few years ago...

NickBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:49 PM   #32
priller
-

Oddometer: 2,988
i'll stop by to say 'hi' on my way to volleyball game. black capo.
priller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #33
Donald Duck
QYYQQuacks !

Oddometer: 851
Hey Dlew, don't bother to bring your notebook, I'm sure nobody gonna remember a sh*t, except how to keep your pants out of it...

I'm shooting to be there, hopefully 7:30 ish ...
Old 04-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #34
sideswipe
Lookin 4 new adventures!

Oddometer: 64
Good meeting you guys at the Ear (albeit briefly!) I definitely wanna sit down and have a chat next time, my feet were *killing* me tonight from standing in those boots all day...
Old 04-24-2007, 08:37 PM   #35
old brooklyn boy
Talking Dog

Oddometer: 459
ear in

Hey guys,
New to the forum not to the riding. Wanted to try the xplor thing, had new tires and breaks put on the G/S was about to sign up and the push rod seals started leeking like a faucet. Gave up the idea and rode the other bike ('74 R90-faux-S) around town. Today I went to take it to the shop to get the G/S fixed and found that it had stopped leaking. Perhaps the bike wanted to spare me the embarassment and itself the trashing of a real dirt ride. Haven't been in the dirt for real since 1976 and I wasn't real good then either. Saw the new thread and realize that I haven't been to the Ear in about 10 years either. Work late on Tues (until 9PM) but would come by latter if some of you stay late and want to make a new old friend. You Sound like an interesting group. I would also like to try Matchless. If anyone is up for next week let me know. I rode with a bunch then called the Kings County Touring Club. We were mostly customers of Tom's at Brooklyn Motorcycle Works back when he was on Sackett Street. Didn't last long but it was fun while it lasted made a few good friends. Don't ride much in groups anymore but ride to work almost everyday. Hope to meet some of you soon.
old brooklyn boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #36
priller
-

in all the excitement of meeting the best of new york adventure riders, i forgot to pay for my two heinekens. i sincerely apologize to whoever paid my bill and promise to cover the expense with appropriate benefit.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:08 PM   #37
urbancowboy OP
Vicious Cycler

Oddometer: 1,739
good time

hey it was great to see familiar faces and meet new folks. seems like a lot of us don't do group rides, at least on pavement. so its nice to meet up for dinner and drinks instead.

sorry about the long wait for a table. next time we'll have to grab the big tables before the city beemers. they told me that they are big tippers, so they get the royal treatment.

and tim told me that he and the city beemers are there every tuesday, rain or shine. i might make a habit of it too.
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #38
Donald Duck
QYYQQuacks !

Oddometer: 851
Yarrai, where were you? You must be pretty late, I couldn't see you. I left around 8:30.

When I'm parking my bike I saw this guy, giving me finger...erm...Advrider salute...

Sun was setting behind him and his silhouette was looking like Tribleless, but Tribless, on a bicycle? C'mon...Naah...

He was Dr.Rock... Our sweeper buddy on Xplor PB event

Sunset and Ear Inn...

Parking is a serious problem there, I'm telling you...

Compulsory group shot...

This little digital cameras great but their flash capacity just sucks... Sorry.

I had a real good time, and glad to meet new faces among the missed old ones.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:08 PM   #39
NickBee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
See this:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224638

Good times tonight! See you any given Tue...
NickBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #40
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrai
in all the excitement of meeting the best of new york adventure riders, i forgot to pay for my two heinekens. i sincerely apologize to whoever paid my bill and promise to cover the expense with appropriate benefit.
Based on what I and my two guests ate compared with what I paid, I think it's safe for me to say your welcome.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:16 AM   #41
dlew
Daypass Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
Based on what I and my two guests ate compared with what I paid, I think it's safe for me to say your welcome.
Ditto. You're welcome, too.

Nice to you, yarrai. It was worth it though I wish I had more of a chance to talk to you.
dlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:47 AM   #42
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlew

Nice to you, yarrai. It was worth it though I wish I had more of a chance to talk to you.
remember darren, you have to destroy the evidence, or you can send it directly to me. forumname@gmai.com
Also I hope everyone got a good laugh out of my little accident involving the EZ pass toll gate Vs my nose. Ouch its really starting to hurt now.

HaChayalBoded screwed with this post 04-25-2007 at 07:58 AM
Old 04-25-2007, 08:46 AM   #43
priller
-

Quote:
remember darren, you have to destroy the evidence, or you can send it directly to me. forumname@gmai.com
Also I hope everyone got a good laugh out of my little accident involving the EZ pass toll gate Vs my nose. Ouch its really starting to hurt now.
once again, i am sorry, if i put you both in embarrasing situation. since i don't consider myself a company good enough to have people pay my restaurant checks, i'll be looking forward to pay my debt.
it is not meant to be any offense but i found that gate accident to be pretty amusing. no matter how painful (both: phisically and mentally) it is, i am quite surre, it's gonna be a highlight of many get-togethers and after some time will be giving a good laugh to people and to yourself. heal well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlew

what i said, i look forward to meet you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Duck
Yarrai, where were you? You must be pretty late, I couldn't see you. I left around 8:30.
i made it to ear well after 9 and was glad i catched up with the people at all. riding home on west side hwy i spotted a klr rider who turned out to be fehdex and we rode to the pub just to check out.

ducky, why your company's jobs give me more headache than the others? do you have anything to do with leonard/church?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #44
dlew
Daypass Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,144
Quote:
''

what is this evidence that you speak of HaChayalBoded?? (You can paypal me at yoursecretissafewithme@gmail.com.) Glad you got that Eclipse tank bag sorted out.

it was a good evening and we got plenty of time to hang out and chew the fat outside since we weren't hungry yet. Donald Duck made a surprise showing fresh from XPLOR and convinced me, along with DR. Rock, to keep the TKCs. (Sorry, Dave Hoggy.)

Weissco showed off his nipple piercings, Perry showed up dlew late, urbancowboy had a prime parking space, and sjbartnik had to split because he's was getting up early to go hunting? (season's already open, dude?)

Perry is right: the food at the EAR is very good. I hadn't eaten there in a long time. thanks for sharing the mussels with me, Ms.Perry. i hope we left a good tip in case we are hungry the next time we show up on a balmy tuesday evening.

yarrai showed up late and left early although (hog and jog, ahem ) i didn't get to see the new parts on the Capo. (i thought you were going to trade in for a beemer, no? ) wpbarlow had a pretty good spot for the KTM and was finished holding court by the time we were coming in.

here's all i could manage with pictures (apologies to yarrai, DDuck, and sjbartnik):

HaChayalBoded: did you get in a fight with a squid outside or did the EZPass really not work?

Who did Alex come with?

Here's mild mannered TengaiJohn. Sorry we didn't get to talk, man:

apparently FehdEx's first priority is seeking as many dirt covered roads in the Catskills as possible (they do make knobbies for your bike, don't they?):

DR.Rock was looking especially buff after a good XPLOR workout. dismount, kickstand down, pick-up noob bike, walk back to own bike, kickstand up, catch up to rest of noobs, repeat. you're a good sport man. please sweep me up in the Pine Barrens, too.

urbancowboy, thanks for starting the thread and getting the momentum going but next time i'll make the reservation get the XD. i think you will be happy with it.

here's RoadDawg. not a great picture but i got him to walk down memory lane with me and i think i caught him in a moment of reflection about his rock and roll days. his look says: rocking it out on stage in ireland and irish rock and roll chicks are pretty cute. btw, you are smart to keep music and work separate, rob.

here's Weissco, inventor of the 600GS, who would "do it all over again." he's low on posts by high in profile, especially when it comes to wrecking bikes. i'm going with your insurance company, dude. i'm starting to think you own the EAR. it's the only place i ever see you and you're always the last one there and never seem to be short of a place to sit???

last but not least there is Perry and Ms. Perry, the most photogenic couple on advrider.com and somehow i did not get a decent picture of them. i did, however, get a picture of the remainder of the bicycle fund which has greatly diminished since the start of the bicycle thread in jomomma. looks like you're a long way from another $350, buddy. enjoy your recent set of kreitlers and keep the rubber side down (clipped in tip overs can hurt bad (DAMHIK.))

dlew screwed with this post 04-25-2007 at 09:21 AM
dlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #45
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Yarrai, no problem buddy, shit happens, you can buy me a beer anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrai
once again, i am sorry, if i put you both in embarrasing situation. since i don't consider myself a company good enough to have people pay my restaurant checks, i'll be looking forward to pay my debt.
it is not meant to be any offense but i found that gate accident to be pretty amusing. no matter how painful (both: phisically and mentally) it is, i am quite surre, it's gonna be a highlight of many get-togethers and after some time will be giving a good laugh to people and to yourself. heal well.

what i said, i look forward to meet you again.

i made it to ear well after 9 and was glad i catched up with the people at all. riding home on west side hwy i spotted a klr rider who turned out to be fehdex and we rode to the pub just to check out.

ducky, why your company's jobs give me more headache than the others? do you have anything to do with leonard/church?