User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #5416
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,710
Cut Wire

I believe you are correct. It is +5v source for the Idle regulator position sensor. AKA Throttle Position Sensor.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #5417
itsgunnahurt
Gravity Enhanced!

Oddometer: 1,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
I believe you are correct. It is +5v source for the Idle regulator position sensor. AKA Throttle Position Sensor.
Yup, that's the TPS
Have a look here, the pictures show the various parts all nicely labelled. Plus there's a link wiring diagram on the page too!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:26 AM   #5418
Lamented
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgunnahurt View Post
Yup, that's the TPS
Have a look here, the pictures show the various parts all nicely labelled. Plus there's a link wiring diagram on the page too!
Great link thanks.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:28 AM   #5419
Lamented
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERT SCORPION View Post
Yes, the gas cap wants to cross thread very easily. This was not always the case on my bike. It swells up after continued exposure to gasoline. I partly remedied this situation by baking the cap in the oven at 175 degrees F. for about three hours. Much smoother fit after this, but after a few weeks its as sticky as ever. Next I tried sanding the entire threaded portion of the cap down with 220 wet or dry sandpaper. This barely had any effect because the plastic is extremely abrasion-resistant. I could not remove enough material. The trick I use presently is to wind the cap counterclockwise until I feel the tank and cap threads jump by one pitch. Now firmly push the cap againt the tank opening while slowly turning clockwise. One must be very persistent to keep the cap level with the face of the filler neck. After about half a turn it is engaged enough to finish tightening it. Naturally BMW chose not to use a standard pitch, or I would just replace the damned thing with a $10 O'Reilly non-vented cap. There is a nice alloy cap that Husky lists in their Special Parts Catalog for the TE449; Cod. 8000H4069. I wonder if it will work on the BMW?

THE SCORPION
worth a look!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #5420
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,236
Black Plastic!

Hey: I purchased the Black Plastic set for the G450 from speedbrain last year for a project, but didn't get to it. Now I'd like to keep the bike white. So I paid appx $300 for the set, I'd like to get that back. email me at jack-bsm@comcast.net if intrested.

Makes a great xmas gift. for yourself.

jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #5421
Lamented
Gnarly Adventurer

any chance you got the speed brain sticker set too?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #5422
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,585
IIRC, I have a sticker set for the rear and number plates. I can send pics if interested.
NoVa Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #5423
Lamented
Gnarly Adventurer

send em!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #5424
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,511
I would be interested at

for the speed brain black plastiX
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #5425
SRFade
FeHorse Rider

Oddometer: 53
Clutch Drag?

Fairly new to this bike having purchased a 2010 a few months ago with 1800 miles and 50 hours on the clock. After 20 hours of riding, put the bike in for some minor warranty repairs and its second oil change. The bike was returned to me with what I felt was excessive clutch drag with a pretty strong bang from neutral into first. Long story short, after a complete teardown of the clutch pack and replacement of the thrust bearing (under warranty), the clutch still doesn't feel like it completely disengages and the dealer is now telling me that it is "normal" after additional fiddling and adjusting at both the lever and the cable end. I know there are a lot of variables in this issue, including what I think is normal. Just wondering if this is common or normal and, if not, any suggestions?
2013 690 Enduro R
SRFade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #5426
Lamented
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRFade View Post
Fairly new to this bike having purchased a 2010 a few months ago with 1800 miles and 50 hours on the clock. After 20 hours of riding, put the bike in for some minor warranty repairs and its second oil change. The bike was returned to me with what I felt was excessive clutch drag with a pretty strong bang from neutral into first. Long story short, after a complete teardown of the clutch pack and replacement of the thrust bearing (under warranty), the clutch still doesn't feel like it completely disengages and the dealer is now telling me that it is "normal" after additional fiddling and adjusting at both the lever and the cable end. I know there are a lot of variables in this issue, including what I think is normal. Just wondering if this is common or normal and, if not, any suggestions?
Mine is the same
Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #5427
Gearhead001
Nut

Oddometer: 74
Gas Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERT SCORPION View Post
Yes, the gas cap wants to cross thread very easily. This was not always the case on my bike. It swells up after continued exposure to gasoline. I partly remedied this situation by baking the cap in the oven at 175 degrees F. for about three hours. Much smoother fit after this, but after a few weeks its as sticky as ever. Next I tried sanding the entire threaded portion of the cap down with 220 wet or dry sandpaper. This barely had any effect because the plastic is extremely abrasion-resistant. I could not remove enough material. The trick I use presently is to wind the cap counterclockwise until I feel the tank and cap threads jump by one pitch. Now firmly push the cap againt the tank opening while slowly turning clockwise. One must be very persistent to keep the cap level with the face of the filler neck. After about half a turn it is engaged enough to finish tightening it. Naturally BMW chose not to use a standard pitch, or I would just replace the damned thing with a $10 O'Reilly non-vented cap. There is a nice alloy cap that Husky lists in their Special Parts Catalog for the TE449; Cod. 8000H4069. I wonder if it will work on the BMW?

THE SCORPION
I use a dab of Vaseline (petroleum Jelly) on the threads. I no longer have a problem..
Gearhead001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #5428
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,179
101 uses
Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #5429
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,511
Brings a new meaning to screwing the cap.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #5430
Gearhead001
Nut

Oddometer: 74
Wicked Gas Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
101 uses
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
Brings a new meaning to screwing the cap.
One of the few things you can use anywhere on anything!!
Gearhead001 is offline   Reply With Quote