Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #2311
dumpsterdiverdave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe
Are we camping at the Swamp 1/12 and riding Richloam? Are they anywhere near each other?

Just trying to figure out which bike to bring.
OK, let me know where the swamp is, I really want to ride richloam? Anyone from Ocala area want to trailer down there with me?
dumpsterdiverdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #2312
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe
Are we camping at the Swamp 1/12 and riding Richloam? Are they anywhere near each other?

Just trying to figure out which bike to bring.
Depends on whether we do Sleepy Hollow and tail of the grouper on the street bikes, or the dualsport roads in the area. Alan was saying he wanted to do Sleepy Hollow.
Richloam is pretty far to ride those little bikes kuntz rides. I want to see Jerry ride a street bike.
Any way fuck that KLR I do better on the 950 than that pig.
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #2313
Philip Kuntz OP
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,774
I rode my streetbike today you fucker, and any bike looks small to your big ass.

Keep us informed on what you want to do, I would rather ride in the woods personally. I ride street all week long. I cant bring the street ride and the DRZ, they wont fit on the small trailer safely. Two dirtbikes is max for that thing.

If I do street, it has to be all street, I am not putting the Magna on dirt roads for any length of time. A short one here and there is cool. I just dont want to fuck it up because its going up for sale. My only reason for keeping it was the wife and kid liked riding on it, now thats not a issue. I will look for a Wee-Strom or something when its gone.
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #2314
DirtFun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z
Well... I went to the Dr. yesterday and found out not only did I tear my ACL but also damaged both the lateral & medial Meniscus discs! I did a good job in fn up my knee! Oh well, shit happens! I'm scheduled for surgery next week. I should be good to go in about 4-6 months. You FF's keep on riding & posting pics! I'll see ya when I see ya!
Take care Dr.Z, all you can do now is what they tell you to and GET BETTER SOON! Hope to see you soon back on the sand!!

DirtFun
DirtFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:12 AM   #2315
MiamiMike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
[quote=I will be camping at the Swamp the following weekend of 1/12 if that is still going on. I would like to ride Richloam that weekend, but I am not sure its a good idea since hunting season is still in full swing. [/quote]

If yall ride richloam on the 12th ,,there could be a bunch,,
up ten folks riding there ,,including myself ridng that
morning,,hope to see yall ,,
and peep around the corners just in case,we might becoming from the other side
Old 12-29-2007, 06:52 AM   #2316
sinner
Flea or not to Flea?

Oddometer: 484
video no good. when it was on the bike it was to wavy and on the helmet it was to low, but this is the best place just have to move it up a bit. So next time we should be shittin' in same tall cotton
Old 12-29-2007, 08:06 AM   #2317
Philip Kuntz OP
Fleasy Rider

You need a more solid mounting system than that wrist strap really. I do think the helmet is the best and safest place for it. Perhaps some double-sided tape on the back of the camera to stabilize it and some sort of spacer on the bottom part of the housing to aim it up more.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #2318
sinner
Flea or not to Flea?

The wrist strap works good on the helmet, but your right about a spacer at the bottom to lift it up a bit,
Old 12-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #2319
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
The wrist strap works good on the helmet, but your right about a spacer at the bottom to lift it up a bit,
Sinner, how 'bout mounting it like them fellas up there in Tellico. Mount it on the right or left side radiator. It seemed to be a good angle when we checked out their videos.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:22 PM   #2320
dumpsterdiverdave
Gnarly Adventurer

Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpsterdiverdave
Happy Holidays everyone Everybody with messed up body parts, I wish you a speedy recovery!! I, am going to ride tommorow My buddy just picked up a KLX250, he has to work Sat. morning, but will be at my house between 11:30am and noon. If anyone can join us come on I am just off of 441 on Sunset Harbor Road (3 blocks east on corner with SE 91 Ave) Which is about 5 miles south of Belleview or about 5 miles north of the Villages or about 20 miles north of Leesburg I am ready to ride!! Call if ya don't think ya can find it 352-307-9162
Well we had a good ride! Watched the KLX go down for the first time within sight of pavement The rest of the day he and the bike did great Looks like it handles better than the XR(which should be running in a week or two, I'm hoping it was a blown head gasket, nothing else looks bad) I did manage to get the DRZ stuck in the muck Took both of us to get it out Ya, we pissed off several hunters, but no shots were fired Happy day when that shit is over with It was a good ride See y'all soon
Old 12-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #2321
Philip Kuntz OP
Fleasy Rider

Is that your buddy Earl who got a KLX, what tire is he running?

Sounds like you guys had fun, I had an interesting day as well. Went out by myself just to do some exploring, and found some locals that gave me directions to a mostly dried up lake people are riding at. There were some youngsters out there with 4wd trucks and this one managed to get stuck, I watched and took some pics as they pulled him out. This is what is left of Christmas Lake.

All these Cypress trees wont last long if we dont get some more rain.

I decided to leave here and look for some more stuff, but took a wrong turn on the way out. I ended up very close to some folks in their back yard and they were giving me the kill the engine sign. I figured they were pissed at me, so I got the hell out of there and wiped out around the next corner.

I got out of there and found the right trail, then coming out of the exit onto the dirt road I saw two police cars. I was going to cruise right past them, but a cop came running out of the woods motioning for me to stop. I stopped for him and he wanted my license. I gave it to him along with my CWP and informed him that I was carrying. He asked me to put my hands on my head and took my waist pack off of me. He looked though the compartments and retrieved my gun, then handed it back to me to hold onto since he saw cash inside. Then he asked if he could hold onto the gun for the time being. I said OK (like I had a choice) and he took off on foot into the woods. Now I was stuck there, the people who were waving at me earlier approached on foot asking me what the cops wanted, so we got to talking. Turns out one of them rides a dirtbike and was looking for someone to ride with. He is a middle-aged guy too, and owns a WR426. Maybe I have a new riding buddy.

When the cops came back it took them quite some time to write tickets to the guys who were mud-bogging in their trucks, then they called me over. I was asked if I had been riding in the mud, and I told them no, just look at my bike. Then he gave me some crap about carrying a weapon on state property and asked me if I knew the law and if it was legal. I told him I wasnt sure about that, but do know its legal in National Forests. And that I had no idea I was on state property. One of the residents asked him where the state property begins, and the cop admitted that he didnt know either. He gave me back my weapon and told me that its illegal to ride dirtbikes on the dirt roads. I told him it was a street legal motorcycle and he says "oh, I didnt notice the tag."

This was the short version, I had a long talk with the police officers at the scene. The young cop told me I can come back there and ride the trails and the sandy beach areas, just stay out of the mud and check up on the laws about carrying a gun there. His superior officer suggested that I should not return on the motorcycle. They have been getting called out there alot and are tired of giving warnings to people.

It turns out the people that were signaling me to kill the engine were trying to help me avoid the cops and some folks on the other side of the lake have been calling them (I got that from the residents), things are not always what they seem.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:00 AM   #2322
sinner
Flea or not to Flea?

lol 'All these Cypress trees wont last long if we dont get some more rain. ' Dude those Cypress trees have been there you over a 1.000 years, so i dont think the lack of rain over the last three years is going to matter.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #2323
Philip Kuntz OP
Fleasy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
lol 'All these Cypress trees wont last long if we dont get some more rain. ' Dude those Cypress trees have been there you over a 1.000 years, so i dont think the lack of rain over the last three years is going to matter.
This whole area was nothing but Cypress swamp 30 yrs ago, now there are very few. Granted alot of them were removed by man. But notice how there is just a thin line of them left where the lake shore used to be. Its not the lack of rain really, the water is being used up by man and all the lakes are steadily drying up. My Father grew up right here, and he can tell you what this area was like in the 60's. Big changes have come very recently to most of FL. What used to be all Swamp here is mostly planted pine now. The pines would surely parish if the water ever came back up, but thats not going to happen.

I went for a ride again today, made it out West past the Swanee river today, 90% dirt and graded roads. I found a few trails along the way, but the riding pretty much sucks around there. The most excitement I had was being chased by pit bulls, twice.

I changed the oil when I got home and found this. Those radial cracks are very noticable when I run my fingers over them too. Edit, I went and looked at the bike again, and it looks to me the right engine cover is what is actually cracking. I wonder why? Oh well, I am just going to keep riding it for now. It runs fine.

Philip Kuntz screwed with this post 12-30-2007 at 05:25 PM
Old 12-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #2324
dumpsterdiverdave
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz
This whole area was nothing but Cypress swamp 30 yrs ago, now there are very few. Granted alot of them were removed by man. But notice how there is just a thin line of them left where the lake shore used to be. Its not the lack of rain really, the water is being used up by man and all the lakes are steadily drying up. My Father grew up right here, and he can tell you what this area was like in the 60's. Big changes have come very recently to most of FL. What used to be all Swamp here is mostly planted pine now. The pines would surely parish if the water ever came back up, but thats not going to happen.

I went for a ride again today, made it out West past the Swanee river today, 90% dirt and graded roads. I found a few trails along the way, but the riding pretty much sucks around there. The most excitement I had was being chased by pit bulls, twice.

I changed the oil when I got home and found this. Those radial cracks are very noticable when I run my fingers over them too. Edit, I went and looked at the bike again, and it looks to me the right engine cover is what is actually cracking. I wonder why? Oh well, I am just going to keep riding it for now. It runs fine.
I think mine looks like that too! Yes Earl has a new to him playtoy, he got it with about 600 miles on it, everything is stock, including the tires, which he claims are better than the XR's See ya soon, we will try and make the 1-6 ride. Is that the last day for hunters?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #2325
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz

Normal for DRZs! I read something in Thumpertalk that says these are found in every DRZ. No need to be alarmed. I found them on my DRZ too!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote