Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #9751
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 768
im STILL laughing at all this! holy shit! its pretty hostile in here! for only a 22 year old, i really DO know how to push everyone's buttons. you all claim you get more mature with age ("we old guys know a thing or two"), but the most mature thing would be just to ignore the punk kid whos "talkin out his ass" or w/e you say im doing. but naw, i get to read a hilarious thread of heated posts as long as your arm. besides, i just initially posted to let everyone know i was up for a ride soon, its you guys who got your panties in a knot over something im not even taking seriously, and im STILL not! but hey! im totally up for riding when im ready in a month or so, and when i do, im not gonna race anyone, and im not here to "put anyone in their place" or "show everyone a thing or two". and i dont expect anyone else to do the same. i wanna go for a ride with a group because its fun as fuck! although i have no problem with those of you "alpha males" () that wanna defend your manhood and give yourself credit for out riding me. if that helps you feel better at the end of the day, dont let me rain on your lil parade! besides, if everyone has such a problem with me, ill just stick by sfrontauria! ...if i can keep up with him... hes always way the fuck up at the front ;)

"Great! What am I supposed to use now?! Harsh language?!?!?"
- Duke Nukem

Sub Zero screwed with this post 03-19-2013 at 08:21 AM
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #9752
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfront View Post
I believe he has DrZ's ability to piss people off and like Eloy, applies it for no other reason than because its fun.

And this whole time I thought I was posting meaningful information.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #9753
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
Hey men!

Poking around and ran into this.... I'd love to come up for a ride and will be checking in to see when you all get out for a day or two

Would be cool to ride with you again, Mike!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Old 03-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #9754
motomike14
Thumper Crusader

Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
im STILL laughing at all this! holy shit! its pretty hostile in here! for only a 22 year old, i really DO know how to push everyone's buttons. you all claim you get more mature with age ("we old guys know a thing or two"), but the most mature thing would be just to ignore the punk kid whos "talkin out his ass" or w/e you say im doing. but naw, i get to read a hilarious thread of heated posts as long as your arm. besides, i just initially posted to let everyone know i was up for a ride soon, its you guys who got your panties in a knot over something im not even taking seriously, and im STILL not! but hey! im totally up for riding when im ready in a month or so, and when i do, im not gonna race anyone, and im not here to "put anyone in their place" or "show everyone a thing or two". and i dont expect anyone else to do the same. i wanna go for a ride with a group because its fun as fuck! although i have no problem with those of you "alpha males" () that wanna defend your manhood and give yourself credit for out riding me. if that helps you feel better at the end of the day, dont let me rain on your lil parade! besides, if everyone has such a problem with me, ill just stick by sfrontauria! ...if i can keep up with him... hes always way the fuck up at the front ;)

No disrespect, but people on this site, and group rides, aren't out to "outride" people. They're just like you; they ride, work, and at times, shoot the shit about or with motorcycles. Just watch how you carry out any "vent" sessions because unlike other places, words often speak louder than actions since many people come here to organize/talk about pending rides. Doesn't reflect well when you show up and everyone has already labeled you as "that guy."

Best of luck and have fun on that 2 smoke; had a Husqvarna 360 plated and rode that for some time. Just keep the wheels pointed in the right direction

I drink the koolaid too...just not the orange kind.
motomike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #9755
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomike14 View Post
No disrespect, but people on this site, and group rides, aren't out to "outride" people. They're just like you; they ride, work, and at times, shoot the shit about or with motorcycles. Just watch how you carry out any "vent" sessions because unlike other places, words often speak louder than actions since many people come here to organize/talk about pending rides. Doesn't reflect well when you show up and everyone has already labeled you as "that guy."

Best of luck and have fun on that 2 smoke; had a Husqvarna 360 plated and rode that for some time. Just keep the wheels pointed in the right direction
thanks for the advice! point taken! although i think im already labeled as "that guy" but no biggie, i think everyone can still make the best of it and everyone including me can have one hell of a fun time!

that husky 360 you had, was it the newer model or the 360 they had during the 70s? either way, that sounds like one big bear! reminds me of my plated IT490 i used to have. that was fun....

"Great! What am I supposed to use now?! Harsh language?!?!?"
- Duke Nukem
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #9756
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Quote:

wait........wait.......reel.......wait.......wait. ......reel.......wait......wait......
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #9757
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,486
Quote:
if Sanjoh is gonna bark and knock on my bike sayin it will seize up, im gonna bite!
I was not knocking your bike, just your lack of experience with a 2t. I'll make sure and bring a tow rope.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #9758
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattner View Post
Hey men!

Poking around and ran into this.... I'd love to come up for a ride and will be checking in to see when you all get out for a day or two

I hope riding a 650L in the sand will be ok

I'm officially old now after hitting the big Five 0....Your gonna have to take it easy on the old guy
Welcome to OLD School you ole fart
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #9759
sfront
Chaos in Motion

Oddometer: 935
Picture Dr.Z and Delicate man, at age 20, in a lively conversation about politics..........Sub Zero is mild compared to that!

STEVE

So what if it was short....I still had a great time!!!
sfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #9760
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfront View Post
Picture Dr.Z and Delicate man, at age 20, in a lively conversation about politics..........Sub Zero is mild compared to that!

Old 03-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #9761
LXIV-Dragon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
Fu and I will be there

'07 Suzuki DR650SE - '06 - '03 Ducati 999 '13 Husqvarna TE449
2011 TAT; No Reservations
LXIV-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #9762
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,925
[QUOTE=sfront;20982685][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Watt's up Mike?! Long time no see!
What happened to the KTM that you're relegated to the BRP?
[SIZE=4]We [SIZE=4]d[SIZE=4]i[SIZE=4]d ON[SIZE=4]F a couple a [SIZE=4]weeks ago.....we need some rain b[SIZE=4]ad!!

Steve... Been living in Fort Lauderdale, not riding much. I still have the KTM and a couple of "L"s... Sanjoh was a wrenching on my Cannondale and I'm anxious to get it back.

I look forward to seeing everyone and getting some riding in!

Keep me posted of upcoming rides.... I'm open Easter weekend if anyone will be riding

Braaaapppppp
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:34 AM   #9763
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,280
Omfg

Saw this last night in Face Plant. A little uncomfortable to watch (at first) . Skip to the 5 min mark for the action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=1&safe=active
Lux - you remember this section of the TAT? Looks as about as "out there" as you can get. A perfect example of how things can go pear shaped real quick.

Like to thread http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867625

Colemanfu screwed with this post 03-21-2013 at 04:40 AM
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #9764
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
Saw this last night in Face Plant. A little uncomfortable to watch (at first) . Skip to the 5 min mark for the action.
Lux - you remember this section of the TAT? Looks as about as "out there" as you can get. A perfect example of how things can go pear shaped real quick.

I saw that vid when it was first posted in Face Plant.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #9765
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post

Hey, that's how I ride!...slow and onto my face. (Wheeeeeeeeeee...oh crap.)

'Crazy...The rider didn't break any bones (He must be a little fluffy, like me.), and the DR was ridden back to the interstate and down the interstate to town. I don't remember the whole aftermath, but I'm guessing he had to replace the handlebars and a light or two.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote