Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #16
TommyDuncan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
I know this is an old thread but thought I would update it as the domino levers/perches are getting hard to come by and are expensive.
I used an aftermarket CR450x lever assembly. I had to have the cable shortened, the cable end changed at the lever, and had to remove the... uh... metal thingy on the cable housing end so that it would fit into the barrel adjuster at the lever. The local shop was able to do all of this for me and put a smaller metal end on the cable housing.
I left the other end of the cable alone.
I've used this setup for a few hundred miles and it works fine. My clutch has always been grabby and this didn't help BUT I now have enough adjustment that I can make it grabby and slip at higher rpms at the same time.
As far as the compression release... I got it to work as is but it is kinda Mickey Mouse®. Instead of fiddling with it too much I just bought a new battery and I haven't kick started it since. Eventually I will have the proper end put on this cable also.
I was recently given an OEM CRX450 lever and it is much higher quality. I think I will have Terry Cable make me a new, quality cable and probably never have another issue and have piece of mind knowing I can get a new lever/perch at most m/c shops.
TommyDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote