Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #1546
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by byewayman
Hi ray, i m about 5" 8 so couldnt touch the ground without leaning to one side. Most people put lowering links on the rear suspension but that loses valuable clearance and changes the fork angle, so i took the cover off the seat, cut a couple of inches out of the seat foam and re stapeled the cover back on. works a treat.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:41 PM   #1547
ThumperDRZ
Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer: 2,399
The 3 x 3 mod up top under the seat would be better if you plan on any water crossings........I would've drown this sucker on our last ride..... Nice bike though

Quote:
Hi folks! been reading this great thread, heres my 2002 drz400e enduro.

Its pretty stock apart from tag bars, seat mod, disc guard,and carbon fibre exhaust guard.

On Hiatus
ThumperDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #1548
byewayman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
water crossing

Yeah! maybe youve just got wind the throttle a bit further.

Like this.

Works for me dude.
byewayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #1549
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,203
Quote:
Yeah! maybe youve just got wind the throttle a bit further.

Like this.

Works for me dude.
Doesn't look like you'd need to wash under the armpits after that!!
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #1550
middy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 991
My Bike

Don't knock the tool bag, it serves a purpose!

A couple of pics of the drz playing and resting on the weekend

Not me but:

short legs + tall bike + deep water hole =

How deep?

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

middy screwed with this post 09-30-2008 at 08:17 PM
middy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #1551
rosscoact
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,503
Well, it's been a while so I thought I'd post up mine on a recent 26 day desert trip

It this stage of the trip it had the following:
Safari 27l tank, inline fuel filter, Scotts triple tree, Scotts damper, Renthal fat bar, heated grips, XR mirrors, suspension revalve front and rear and heavier springs by Ponsey, Renazco racing suede seat, Whipps rack, B & B bashplate, case guards, happy trails pannier racks with alu checker plate infils, Garmin GPSMAP 60Cx, Tourtech locking cradle switch powered, RAM mount, key ignition removed, Ego Barkbusters, headlight guard, pivotpegz2, DR shroud with Screens for Bikes screen, Andy Abag and expedition panniers, heavy duty tubes and rimlocks, Unifilter procomp twin filter, B & B countersprocket case saver, 45t rear sprocket, Ascerbis tail, WRF blinkers, kouba lowering link, manual cam chain tensioner.

I was ready

However, before the trip was half over I had:
a new countersprocket seal, piston & rings, cam chain, valves and a rear shock rebuild. It would be fair to say that things did not go exactly as planned.

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
rosscoact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:13 AM   #1552
Old Man
Slower Older Rider

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
a new countersprocket seal, piston & rings, cam chain, valves and a rear shock rebuild. It would be fair to say that things did not go exactly as planned.
Stop teasing how about a link to the RR
09 XT250 (wifes bike)
Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:56 AM   #1553
dr zook
Dakar Tragic

Oddometer: 253
[quote=rosscoact]However, before the trip was half over I had:
a new countersprocket seal, piston & rings, cam chain, valves and a rear shock rebuild. It would be fair to say that things did not go exactly as planned.[/quote

Ouch!, is that Burren Riders old steed?]

07 DRZ400 supertanker
82 DR250
95 TT250 (RIP)
dr zook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:32 AM   #1554
rosscoact
need constant supervision

Oddometer: 5,503
[quote=dr zook]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscoact
a new countersprocket seal, piston & rings, cam chain, valves and a rear shock rebuild. It would be fair to say that things did not go exactly as planned.[/quote

Ouch!, is that Burren Riders old steed?]
Nah Whitey bought that and knowing Danny it would have been much better looked after that this one.

This was owned by a bloke who hadn't registered it because he only rode trail for 7000k. Ironically, if it had gone around faultlessly it would have been traded for a 690e early next year. Now I feel as if I have too much invested in the Z

Quote:

Stop teasing how about a link to the RR
I'm just editing the 786 photos we took

www.transaustraliatrail.com.au
rosscoact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:56 PM   #1555
southforkspeedster
koolaidless

Oddometer: 1,987
In a moment of weakness I traded my 03 KTM 525 MXC.............

For my old DRZ 400e, and 2 grand............I hope I don't regret it

I owned the Katoom since new, the DRZ is very modded, owned it in 01 to 03, has not been ridden to hard with the PO, but was not taken real good care of either, it just needs some TLC.....I just took the front triple clamps off it to replace the headset bearings and races, and plan on going through the whole bike, gearing it up, and making it into a high mile enduro ride....able to haul camping gear and go long distances into the woods.

I love the Katoom, but am wanting something that has a local dealership to work with for parts, and is a little easier on the pocket book, and time wise, to maintain.

Like I said.............I am feeling a little sick right now

I can not believe that I went BACK to MY old ride............time will tell.

SFS
southforkspeedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #1556
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by southforkspeedster
In a moment of weakness I traded my 03 KTM 525 MXC.............

For my old DRZ 400e, and 2 grand............I hope I don't regret it

I owned the Katoom since new, the DRZ is very modded, owned it in 01 to 03, has not been ridden to hard with the PO, but was not taken real good care of either, it just needs some TLC.....I just took the front triple clamps off it to replace the headset bearings and races, and plan on going through the whole bike, gearing it up, and making it into a high mile enduro ride....able to haul camping gear and go long distances into the woods.

I love the Katoom, but am wanting something that has a local dealership to work with for parts, and is a little easier on the pocket book, and time wise, to maintain.

Like I said.............I am feeling a little sick right now

I can not believe that I went BACK to MY old ride............time will tell.
Yes, you are correct, time will tell. Maybe it will take the 2k you got in the deal to get it where you want it. Hopefull you'll be happy then. No KTM in Baker or LaGrande?

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #1557
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscoact
Ironically, if it had gone around faultlessly it would have been traded for a 690e early next year. Now I feel as if I have too much invested in the Z
That's exactly why I'm NOT putting more money into my KLX400. It's all stock in the motor/carb/exhaust but upgrading only costs money and you don't get it back at resale. From the sounds of it, you should've taken your DR650 instead.

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #1558
southforkspeedster
koolaidless

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco250
Yes, you are correct, time will tell. Maybe it will take the 2k you got in the deal to get it where you want it. Hopefull you'll be happy then. No KTM in Baker or LaGrande?
No dealer in LaGrande anymore, Baker never had one. Only Tri-Cities, has a dealership.

I have mostly Suzuki bikes anyways, and the dealership in Pendleton always takes good care of me. That is one reason why I decided to get rid of the Austrian.............oh how I loved her though

I have a two daughters that ride, and the Katoom would never be a good fit for them, so the DRZ has been in the back of my mind for a while now. When the deal come up to recover my old DRZ, the $$ was fair, so I took it.

The DRZ is modded...

Inverted 02 RM 250 forks
Scotts damper
full titanium Yosh exhaust
Plated in Oregon, the MSO was requested as ON/OFFROAD when purchased new. The DS kit is having some issues, so I will need to do some work on it.
4.2 gallon tank
Renthal bars
pro-grips
endurance computer
cycra hand guards
IMS foot pegs
3x3 mod
Jetted

The head set bearings were shot, needs new sprockets and chain. Going to put on some plastic, check out all bearings, new seat cover, throw a rack and some soft luggage, tank bag etc...., clean her up real good..........and ride it for a year or so......
If I can not get Orange out of my blood...........I'll buy a new one then

I ordered 14/45 sprockets, hoping to get some hiway drivability............does that sound ok..................mind you, my Katoom was HIGH geared, and I liked it , so I am hoping the 14/45 spocket choice will be a good place between the S and the E...........whatcya think

SFS
Old 10-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #1559
forrest_fire1
I came, went & discovered

Oddometer: 173
Question orange to yellow

Sure wish I could have gon riding with you on the orange bike. I guess yellow will do I didn't think the hour drive to tri-cities was that bad. I look forward to seeing your drz.
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by southforkspeedster
No dealer in LaGrande anymore, Baker never had one. Only Tri-Cities, has a dealership.

I have mostly Suzuki bikes anyways, and the dealership in Pendleton always takes good care of me. That is one reason why I decided to get rid of the Austrian.............oh how I loved her though

I have a two daughters that ride, and the Katoom would never be a good fit for them, so the DRZ has been in the back of my mind for a while now. When the deal come up to recover my old DRZ, the $$ was fair, so I took it.

The DRZ is modded...

Inverted 02 RM 250 forks
Scotts damper
full titanium Yosh exhaust
Plated in Oregon, the MSO was requested as ON/OFFROAD when purchased new. The DS kit is having some issues, so I will need to do some work on it.
4.2 gallon tank
Renthal bars
pro-grips
endurance computer
cycra hand guards
IMS foot pegs
3x3 mod
Jetted

The head set bearings were shot, needs new sprockets and chain. Going to put on some plastic, check out all bearings, new seat cover, throw a rack and some soft luggage, tank bag etc...., clean her up real good..........and ride it for a year or so......
If I can not get Orange out of my blood...........I'll buy a new one then

I ordered 14/45 sprockets, hoping to get some hiway drivability............does that sound ok..................mind you, my Katoom was HIGH geared, and I liked it , so I am hoping the 14/45 spocket choice will be a good place between the S and the E...........whatcya think
forrest_fire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #1560
southforkspeedster
koolaidless

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest_fire1
Sure wish I could have gon riding with you on the orange bike. I guess yellow will do I didn't think the hour drive to tri-cities was that bad. I look forward to seeing your drz.
JFC
Tell me about it...............I do ok on the yellow bike, just not as flashy

It was not so much the hour drive, the people there just don't treat me as well as my local fellows do

Guess what I'll be racing in the 24.......................DRZ at night, and probly a RMZ 450 during the day.

I got your phone message today, give me a call in the evening sometime and we can take out the night lights and do some practicing

I should have the DRZ in good shape by next weekend.

SFS