Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #16141
ptgarcia
Huh?

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
Got a link to the rad guards you put on? and have you dropped your bike a few times with them on, like real world testing ?

Is there a thread about the mcct, has anyone ever had a 2004 or later one fail? as in the description it points out that its the earlier models that had the issues.

I've crashed hard many times and other than bent bars (the stock steel bars bend easily so be ready to replace them) all the protective gear (radiator guards, case savers, hand guards, skid plate, etc.) have come through.

'06 DR-Z400S
ptgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #16142
KLXmcrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Big Bore /Stroker Kits

Thanks Plane Dr for your reply on the BB/Stroker kits I am thinking similar thoughts for
the work involved do both. Which kit did you buy and from where? Ebay or other online retailer?

Some may remember that I bought my '00 DRZ400 E in April put on some case savers,bash plate
and hand guards,lower gearing then rode a few DS events and w/e rides.I have been buying parts
and access. to personalize to my riding habits and/or faults. Items awaiting installation S subframe,
kickstart kit,top triple w/GPR stabilizer and new OS front rotor (bent the original somehow?)Only one
item was actually needed Oh and new tires F/R.

On the wish list-- larger tank .rear rack, more quiet exhaust( it has the quiet core/S/A insert but only 2DB
below limit) and of course a BB and/or stroker kit. And if I am not already crazy the W/R gearset. Yes I
know there will be some say it won't be a DRZ 400 anymore a hybrid but does anybody know more than
5 riders that have a factory showroom stock bike? I can't think of Any...we personalize making it standout
from the crowd,some mods are just for looks ,some are improvements...Thanks for your time...JMO
....David
KLXmcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #16143
focallength
Numpty

Oddometer: 4,157
Millenium is the cheapest I found for a quality 434bb kit. Send your cylinder, theyll ship a oem cylinder bored/plated with a JE piston with all the clips, bearings and gaskets for around $500. Im getting mine for $419 plus shipping so...$450 total.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #16144
JustGreg
Fast as Molasses

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchamp View Post
Grab some Unabiker radiator guards off ebay, should run you under $100.

The MCCT was designed to overcome an issue with the pre-'02 ACCT. Suzuki changed the ACCT after that, but the debate rages on as to whether the MCCT is still necessary or not (i'm erring towards not).

I bought an '05 in April of this year with less than 5k on it. The cam chain was stretched to the point of the acct being at full travel and the chain was still loose. It's MY opinion that the acct puts too much tension on the cam chain. YMMV.

JustGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #16145
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,745
Quote:
, radiator guards,

Nice bike inmate, it,s so clean, let da scratching begin . Regarding ur radiator guards, it u decided to go with the big IMS tank (later on) that would provide u with enough protection to ur rad. and help u save money.

I crashed hard one time i got some scratches on my tank but with saddle bags installed on it, it protected even more...
Old 10-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #16146
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,745
Quote:
) , but definately needs some more upgrading, as $ allows,

I also noticed ur handlebars are maybe the stock one? if so i strongly suggest to replace them asap especially if you're hitting the trails soon. MSR, Moose racing, Protaper or Renthal provide good products for such purpose. Remember if it's stock it suck ...
Old 10-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #16147
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Oddometer: 1,265
Does anyone here have a spacer off a stock petcock that they'd be willing to part with? I have the raptor petcock and it doesn't fit very well on the stock tank.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #16148
focallength
Numpty

Oddometer: 4,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
I paid $388 for a new Hotrods cylinder, JE piston and top end gaskets through ATV Unlimited.
Yeah...i saw those, id rather have a oem cylinder, peace of mind sort of thing
Old 10-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #16149
dkavcak93
Save the Two-Stroke

Oddometer: 1
'07 DRZ400S For Sale (PA/NJ)

Hey Everybody,

I have a 2005 DRZ400S for sale. The bike has been phenomenal to me and was a great first bike, but I wanted to get another bike. Plausibly a two-stroke. It has a hair over 6300 miles on it and I've only taken it off-road a couple of times.
Here's what's done:
-FMF PowerCore4 Slip-On
-Moose Handlebars (RM Bend, it's a lot more comfortable)
-New Mirrors
-And Acerbis Handguards that I took off when I put on the new handlbars
It's stock otherwise. If you live in NJ or Eastern PA, please, let me know if you're interested at all.

I have the craigslist ad for it below
http://allentown.craigslist.org/mcy/3334333243.html

dkavcak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #16150
sbn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by See-Three View Post

Here it is for those that haven't seen it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
LOVE the colors... the blue rims looks sweet Wish Suzuki would still import those machines to europe
sbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #16151
jackpiner57
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Thanks,. the PO had the FMF power up kit for the DRZ400S, he had his friend put in different jets in, but he has no clue what he put in there, is there a way to modify the stock exhaust?
150ron, opening up the stock can won't get you any additional power unless you use a larger aftermarket header pipe. Then you'd probably have to re-jet.

How is the bike running right now? Has the 3x3 mod been done to it?

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #16152
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post
Here is a mod I did back when I got my 08 DRZ.
I needed more firepower for the Edge2 tail light.

blah blah blah

I made a new board for my light as well

Crappy before pic

After

09 Husky WR165 - VCHSS #79L
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #16153
dirtmech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Footer View Post
This video from my post a few post backs http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=16483

The rock I hit at @1:34 represents the ideal scenario where a rider could benefit from a stabilizer (granted not hitting the rock would have worked too). I got jerked rather hard and nearly bucked off the bike. My Scotts is off the bike as it needs to be rebuilt. In that instance I wish I would have had it on the bike.

What route did you guys do??
Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #16154
Ryel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Thanks, im interested in doing the FREE POWER MOD, so if i understand it correctly, cut the black and red wire from the RR box, then from the RR box extend the red and black and connect them straight to the battery? and the red and black wires that were going to the RR box, just cap those and tuck them away?

do not touch the 3 yellow wires, then just bolt the RR box back to the frame?
about the three yellow wires: if you research the stator failure you will find that the connecter that the three yellows feed is a frequent failure. it is in your best interest to 'jumper' the three yellows across the connecter and if/when you need to disconnect there just clip the jumpers. your call.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #16155
SierraBravo
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Rear Shock Compatibility

Quick Question -- I have a 2004 s model and my husband tells me there is something wrong with the rear shock-- I quote:"the low speed adjustment has no stops" apparently it still clicks, but has no stops. I was told the only way to fix this is to replace the shock. So, I found someone in my city with a rear shock from a 2000 or 2001 drz-e model. My question is, is this shock compatible with my 2004 drz-s?

Thanks!
SB

SierraBravo screwed with this post 10-19-2012 at 08:05 AM Reason: formatting
SierraBravo is offline   Reply With Quote