Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #16216
ptgarcia
Huh?

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
Thanks, but since my bike probably allready has the adjustable needle, i would really like to just buy the jets, instead of dropping $70 bucks for the JD kit, Was just wondering what jets i should be running at my 1,500 elevation?

I can't help you there because I didn't use the Dynojet needle but basically you want to find out what people using the Dynojet Stage II kit used.

'06 DR-Z400S
ptgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #16217
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,166
Thanks, i pulled out the carb, and it had the stock 22.5 pilot in there with a 134 main, and the adjustable needle with the clip in the 4th position, so now its got the 22.5 pilot with 3 turns out on the fuel screw, i put the 142.5 main jet back in, and left the needle in the 4th clip position, seems to run very well now.

thanks guys, btw, removing the carb was actually pretty easy on this bike, i just pressed the air box tube and had enough space to remove and install.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #16218
dhb400
No Regrets

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeBrother View Post
Just got back from a 19.000 km trip through Central Asia and Mongolia on a DRZ 400. In one word: GREAT!
Zero problems with the DRZ! I think it is one of the best light weighted travel bikes. So much fun.
Here is the RR:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807088

That's awesome, good for you. I guess that says a lot about the bike.

dhb400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #16219
KSP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Just wanted to post two pictures of my DRZ. I recently went on a trip to Redwood National Park with my wife and daughter. They took the BMW F800GS w/sidecar (posted on advrider) and I rode the DRZ. It was great riding and camping. Planning on more trips.

From Firefox Downloads

From Firefox Downloads
KSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #16220
jackpiner57
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSP View Post
Just wanted to post two pictures of my DRZ. I recently went on a trip to Redwood National Park with my wife and daughter. They took the BMW F800GS w/sidecar (posted on advrider) and I rode the DRZ. It was great riding and camping. Planning on more trips.

From Firefox Downloads

From Firefox Downloads

Nice looking DRZ, and love that seat. Is it suede?

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #16221
KSP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpiner57 View Post
Nice looking DRZ, and love that seat. Is it suede?
Thanks. Yup, suede. I'm looking for some weatherproofing now that the rain has started.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #16222
jackpiner57
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
Thanks, i pulled out the carb, and it had the stock 22.5 pilot in there with a 134 main, and the adjustable needle with the clip in the 4th position, so now its got the 22.5 pilot with 3 turns out on the fuel screw, i put the 142.5 main jet back in, and left the needle in the 4th clip position, seems to run very well now.

thanks guys, btw, removing the carb was actually pretty easy on this bike, i just pressed the air box tube and had enough space to remove and install.
If the fuel screw is 3 turns out, it may vibrate out and you could lose it. If you need to turn it out that far to make it run right, it means you need to go with the larger #25 pilot jet. With the larger pilot, you'll only have to turn the fuel screw out about 2 turns or so.

I should have asked this first. Do you have an extended fuel screw that you can adjust with your fingers?

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott

jackpiner57 screwed with this post 10-23-2012 at 05:10 PM
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #16223
blaster11
Fundy Rally next!

Oddometer: 6,297
Any of you guys run a Clark tank, Raptor petcock, fuel filter, and a stock carb? Not much room for a filter and I kind of like running one. Pictures appreciated.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #16224
Bad Daddy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSP View Post

From Firefox Downloads

From Firefox Downloads
Could you let me know the details of your bars/HDB setup, and triple clamp? I want to do the same, and curious to see a few pics of t. Thanks
Bad Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #16225
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpiner57 View Post
If the fuel screw is 3 turns out, it may vibrate out and you could lose it. If you need to turn it out that far to make it run right, it means you need to go with the larger #25 pilot jet. With the larger pilot, you'll only have to turn the fuel screw out about 2 turns or so.

I should have asked this first. Do you have an extended fuel screw that you can adjust with your fingers?
Thanks, i will order a 25 pilot, and will install it next time im in the carb, wish i had it available to me today, when i had the carb out.

oh, and i do not have the extended fuel screw, it is the stock flat head one that is way in there, the extended one sure would be nice to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
What PTG said...

Main jets strongest influence is from 3/4 to WOT. That needle will give problems up to 3/4 throttle even with the right main jet.

You've made a mistake and that is going to cost you... Either close the air box back to stock or spring for the DJ S2 kit or the recommended JD kit.

The difference between 1500ft and sea level at the same temperature is about 2% richer (ie requires 2% leaner settings). Start with the recommended low altitude settings.
Thanks for the info, the bike is running great now that way it is, so i will just ride it.

150ron screwed with this post 10-23-2012 at 10:15 PM
150ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #16226
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Dont know about a dyno, but my butt dyno could definately tell that the bike now has a much better pull when i open it up,

starts up great and runs very strong, im happy with it.

Thanks for all the info and advice guys, much appreciated
Old 10-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #16227
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
Once the shock is out and the pre-load adjusters are cracked no tools are required. Take some photos before taking all of the tension off the spring and work carefully and methodically. There is a wire clip under the spring seat and these must be put back together correctly.
THANX, now I just need to order springs

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #16228
BIKE-R
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeBrother View Post
Just got back from a 19.000 km trip through Central Asia and Mongolia on a DRZ 400. In one word: GREAT!
Zero problems with the DRZ! I think it is one of the best light weighted travel bikes. So much fun.
Here is the RR:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807088

I totally agree with you. We took a same trip in June/July (50 days, 18750 km) to Mongolia. I rode on a DRZ400 and I had only 1 problem: the drivechain was worn out after 17 000 km

Here you can find some info/picture about the trip: RIDE TO MONGOLIA 2012
-------------------------------------
'03 HONDA XL1000V VARADERO, '06 SUZUKI DRZ400S ADV

BIKE-R screwed with this post 10-25-2012 at 10:06 PM
BIKE-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #16229
KSP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Daddy View Post
Could you let me know the details of your bars/HDB setup, and triple clamp? I want to do the same, and curious to see a few pics of t. Thanks
I run ProTaper RC High bars and the HDB with the ADVdx top clamp for two Powerlet outlets and a couple of push buttons for the ignition. I use the HDB led turn signals and mirrors. The stabilizer is a Scotts sub-mount with the BRP triple clamp. I'm also using a Vapor dash. The RAM mount is for my GPS. I'm still looking for a brighter headlight but haven't settled on anything yet.

I'll try and get a couple of pics.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #16230
KSP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Daddy View Post
I found a couple on my computer.

From Drop Box

From Drop Box