Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #16351
ram1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by gots_a_sol View Post
They are the exact same dimensions. The only difference is the rear caliper mounting setup and how the chain adjustments are made.

SM has a larger rear disk than an S and the calipers/brackets are not interchangeable.

SM has axle blocks with the little bolt to adjust tension. The S uses the clam shell style adjusters.

I have an S but also have an SM swinger sitting in the corner I'll be swapping on once the snow starts flying.
Thanks...
Old 11-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #16352
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone fishing View Post
I would really appreciate the picture. I am not sure what brand my dual sport kit is. All the stuff came with the bike but wasnt installed.
Thanks,
Fred

The DRC taillight comes with some "L" brackets and a triangular mounting plate. I used the "U" bracket that I "fabbed" to bolt the front of the triangle plate while the rear of the triangular plate was bolted to the two rear plastic tabs on the fender with the "L" brackets. The rear fender is an Acerbis part, so I don't know if the stock DRZE rear fender has something similar.

Good luck.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #16353
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,256
Anybody wanna trade a 14T front sprocket for a 16T front sprocket? i have a 14 in like new shape id like to trade for a 16T front sprocket.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #16354
gone fishing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosso View Post

The DRC taillight comes with some "L" brackets and a triangular mounting plate. I used the "U" bracket that I "fabbed" to bolt the front of the triangle plate while the rear of the triangular plate was bolted to the two rear plastic tabs on the fender with the "L" brackets. The rear fender is an Acerbis part, so I don't know if the stock DRZE rear fender has something similar.

Good luck.
Cool. Thanks for going to the trouble of getting the pictures. That is exactly the same light and bracket that came with my bike. Hope you dont mind if I copy your setup.
gone fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #16355
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
I bought an SM swing arm for my S... I got sick of the snail cam adjusters. As far as bolting an S wheel in it is dimensionally identical.
I'm confused.... the snails are bang on, one click adjustment, every time. how did they annoy you ?

also, did you keep the axle and snail ? I'm interested in any other drz bits you don't like !
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #16356
SuperTimmy
On A Mission

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
Anybody wanna trade a 14T front sprocket for a 16T front sprocket? i have a 14 in like new shape id like to trade for a 16T front sprocket.
I have an almost new 16t I would be willing to trade you. What condition is your 14t? My 16t has a weekend worth of riding. I put it on for the 4hr ride to Uwharrie and was going to change it back once there, but just decided to run it....worked out great...just didn't feel like switching it out at the campsite. So, 4 hrs there, about 8 hours at Uwharrie, and 4hrs back. Let me know!

Feel free to email me about it- ikabaud22 at yahoo dot com. That would be great.... I am digging the white/blue on your bike and viper's!

SuperTimmy
Old 11-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #16357
DualSportDad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
Nice looking bike viper210, i like that exhaust, thanks for the pic.

SuperTimmy, i was very interested in the shinko 700 series, i even started a thread to see which one was more off roadish, the 244's or 700 series, i think next tire set will be the 700's, thanks for the input.

Got the bike all back together today, 25pj, 147.5 mj, needle in 4th clip positon, stock exhaust uncorked, extended fuel screw, unabiker rad guards, TT case savers, uni air filter, trail tech engine temp meter, handlebar risers, edge taillight, small turn signals.. think the only thing my bike really NEEDS now is a aftermarket pipe

some pics of the new shinkos i just put on, rear went on fine, front i pinched the tube TWICE, , had to put on 2 patches at 2 seperate spots, lets hope it holds, been fine since the afternoon.

im actually glad i got the skinny front and fat rear tire, looks good imo.
What made you use a 147.5 main? I just jetted my bsr carb with a dynojet stage one needle on 4th clip, 25 pilot, extended fuel screw, and 142.5 main per the suggestions on TT and it was too lean. I changed to a 145 main cause I had one and its leaps and bounds better but I'm kinda wondering if I should try a 147.5. My bike is a e model with 3x3 and full yosh exhaust.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
DualSportDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #16358
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post
What made you use a 147.5 main? I just jetted my bsr carb with a dynojet stage one needle on 4th clip, 25 pilot, extended fuel screw, and 142.5 main per the suggestions on TT and it was too lean. I changed to a 145 main cause I had one and its leaps and bounds better but I'm kinda wondering if I should try a 147.5. My bike is a e model with 3x3 and full yosh exhaust.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I talked to my local bike spot, and he said for a DRZ400S, to go 2 steps above main, which would be a 147.5, so thats what i did, top speed power is now great on the bike.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #16359
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Question Carb problem, need some help.

So all was fine, i then put in a 147.5mj instead of the stock 142.5, and a extended fuel screw from the TT store, also put in a 25 pilot jet, 3x3 mod done, uni air filter, stock exhaust un corked.

Bike pulled better at top speeds, but the idle was way off, could not get it to idle right no matter what i did, and i noticed a little fuel coming out of the overflow of the carb (not the carb drain screw exit, the other one on the bottom, that has a tube going to the bottom of the bike), so i then replaced the 25pj with the stock 22.5pj, and the idle was great again, but now i do not know why, the carb is leaking gas from that overflow spot, over night i left the fuel petcock to ON and it mustve dripped dropped like 20-30 drops of gas onto the garage floor, and when i go to start the bike, it wont start, like the starter is stuck or something, i have to drain out the gas from the carb drain screw, and then eventually it will start.

why is the carb letting in too much fuel to where its flooding the bike?

the floats move up and down just fine, and the carb is spotless, no dirt at all, could it be cause maybe my jet needle is shimmed too much and needs to be lowered down a bit?

please help me get this sorted, as ive taken out and reinstalled the carb like 4 times in this past weekend, the jetting seems to be spot on, bike runs great, its just this flooding problem.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #16360
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,365
Quote:
please help me get this sorted, as ive taken out and reinstalled the carb like 4 times in this past weekend, the jetting seems to be spot on, bike runs great, its just this flooding problem.
Sounds like a simple stuck float valve - you have to get this sorted before you can know anything about jetting.

Also, I hope your "stuck starter" issue after sitting overnight isn't being caused by hydrolock from excess fuel in your cylinder - if it is, then you're risking major engine damage trying to start it.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #16361
DualSportDad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
I talked to my local bike spot, and he said for a DRZ400S, to go 2 steps above main, which would be a 147.5, so thats what i did, top speed power is now great on the bike.
what needle are you using?

oh and your needle is leaking for the float and possibly the o-ring around the seat. also your petcock should be stopping fuel flow once the bike turns off so incase you have a failure like this it doesn't fill your engine full of fuel.
DualSportDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #16362
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Sounds like a simple stuck float valve - you have to get this sorted before you can know anything about jetting.

Also, I hope your "stuck starter" issue after sitting overnight isn't being caused by hydrolock from excess fuel in your cylinder - if it is, then you're risking major engine damage trying to start it.

- Mark
yeah, im pretty sure the engine would'nt start cause it was flooded with gas, but after draining it, it did start up and ran fine, just got to get this sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post
what needle are you using?

oh and your needle is leaking for the float and possibly the o-ring around the seat. also your petcock should be stopping fuel flow once the bike turns off so incase you have a failure like this it doesn't fill your engine full of fuel.
im using the FMF needle that was in the power up kit, clip in the 4th position, petcock works fine, as when the tank is on the bench and in the off positon, no drips at all.

so what should i be looking at according to this chart?

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/oem...007&model=5203

i do not know much about carbs, just pretty much how to change out the jets, and the carb is spotless, no dirt or debris at all, and the float easily moves up and down, so its not stuck.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #16363
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

so im guessing this half stripped screw has to come off so i can remove the flaoting thing?

its allready half stripped and wont come out, when i try to remove it with pliers, it feels like im just going to break the top off,
Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #16364
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

got it all off

cleaned it up and back it back together, have the tank connected to the carb on the bench, so i can test it out and see if it still leaks, before i put it back in the bike.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #16365
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
I'm confused.... the snails are bang on, one click adjustment, every time. how did they annoy you ?
I'm swapping mine out for 2 reasons.

One is I find them to be a pain as it always seems one side likes to move a notch on me when I tighten the nut down.

The other reason is they are not aesthetically pleasing
09 Husky WR165 - VCHSS #79L
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote