Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 AM   #17251
The Recycled Teenager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
It is running poorly now? I've ridden mine down to 10 deg F or so and it ran fine. It's probably not optimal, but for most of us, adjusting jetting with weather changes is a bridge too far. You jet for the average conditions and live with the extremes.

- Mark
I raised the needle with a couple of needle washers, works fine now and the mid range got smoothed out (no dead spot with hard acceleration any more).
Try that first its reversible with no ill effect

2009 DRZ400S 2000 BMW 1150GS 1976 TY 175 2010 Beta EVO 250
KLR 650-sold
1977 BMW R100-sold
The Recycled Teenager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #17252
can'o'kiwi
full metal jock-itch

Oddometer: 131
opps

Wednesday before leaving for 2 weeks of work in -72'c temps in the yukon i did a brewery tour at 11am then went to blackfoot moto in calgary and bought this bad boy. feels good to have a bike again

Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #17253
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,391
Pic isn't showing up for me??

I get the jest though. I get the same way after drinking a pile of good beer. Loose wallet straps!

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #17254
Honda55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Anybody want to trade for a sweet fz6?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860508
Honda55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #17255
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by motolab View Post
Hardly. In my experience, his jetting recommendations for the FCR for the DRZ400 are way off. In fact, once the jetting is corrected, all of the gymnastics with the accelerator pump become superfluous.

Regards,

Derek
ok. so you're stepping up to the plate and so then people can contact you and you'll have the proper free jetting advice for the different carbs (fcr & cv) and with and w/o pipes. i know one of eddie's right hand man and he tuned with a dynojet tuner w/ all the scenarios. it's always good to have several opinions as it's a fuzzy science.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #17256
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
stock drz400s gas tank question.

So im thinking about throwing on the stock tank that came on my 2007 DRZ400S, (i bought the bike with a IMS 3.2 gallons tank allready installed on the bike with a aftermarket ON/OFF/RESERVE petcock)

to go about doing this

1. I remove the ON/OFF/RESERVE petcock from the IMS tank and put it on the stock tank instead of the stock petcock?

2. i see what appers to be like a little vent line coming out of the stock metal tank, it is right by where the 2 mounting holes are at the seat location, what do i do with that? is it a vent line, or was it something to do with the california charcoal smog crap (all the ca smog crap has been removed by the PO). ( i can take a pic of this little ''vent line'' if needed)

3. does the stock gas tank vent at the locking cap?

4. the stocker is 2.6 gallons?

any and all help will be appreciated, thanks

Ron
Old 02-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #17257
ptgarcia
Huh?

Oddometer: 509
1. I remove the ON/OFF/RESERVE petcock from the IMS tank and put it on the stock tank instead of the stock petcock?

If you want to keep the On/Off/Reserve fuel cock, otherwise use the stock fuel cock.

2. i see what appers to be like a little vent line coming out of the stock metal tank, it is right by where the 2 mounting holes are at the seat location, what do i do with that? is it a vent line, or was it something to do with the california charcoal smog crap (all the ca smog crap has been removed by the PO). ( i can take a pic of this little ''vent line'' if needed)

That is the tank vent. Attach a line and mount it high up on the frame or under the tank somewhere.

3. does the stock gas tank vent at the locking cap?

No.

4. the stocker is 2.6 gallons?

Yes.

'06 DR-Z400S
ptgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #17258
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks ptgarcia!!

Where does the stock tanks vent's line usually go?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #17259
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post

Ron
If u have this one Then there is no vent line as it is not required to operate. That's mostly offered for E, S and fewer years on the SM.
This one does have the vacuum pulse switch valve ass. Mostly use on SM models.

I hope this helped...
Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #17260
ptgarcia
Huh?

Quote:
Thanks ptgarcia!!

Where does the stock tanks vent's line usually go?

It connects to the CARB crap.

'06 DR-Z400S
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #17261
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks DR650SEDDY and ptgarcia,

DR650SEDDY, on my IMS 3.2 gallon tank i have the ON/OFF/RESERVE ONE that you put a picture off, i would like to use that one on my stock tank, on the stock tank it has the one with the vent line, dont want to use that one, and on the carb (stock mikuni bsr 36) the vacume line has been plugged off allready.

I guess the only way to see how i can route the vent line, is when im actually installing the stock tank back on.

One more quick question for you inmates, i guess the stock tank was only used for maybe a tank or so before the PO replaced it with the bigger IMS one, when i shine a flashlight into the stock tank, the inside looks clean but dusty, but around the tube that the gas cap goes on, it looks to be a bit rusty? and the PO lived right by the beach,

So before putting that stock tank back on the bike, how do i properly clean it out? put some gas with seafoam in there, and shake the shit out of it for a while?

or do you guys recommend a better way to clean it out, the tank has been sitting for about 5+ years now, but looks brand new.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #17262
ptgarcia
Huh?

Quote:
Thanks DR650SEDDY and ptgarcia,

DR650SEDDY, on my IMS 3.2 gallon tank i have the ON/OFF/RESERVE ONE that you put a picture off, i would like to use that one on my stock tank, on the stock tank it has the one with the vent line, dont want to use that one, and on the carb (stock mikuni bsr 36) the vacume line has been plugged off allready.

I guess the only way to see how i can route the vent line, is when im actually installing the stock tank back on.

One more quick question for you inmates, i guess the stock tank was only used for maybe a tank or so before the PO replaced it with the bigger IMS one, when i shine a flashlight into the stock tank, the inside looks clean but dusty, but around the tube that the gas cap goes on, it looks to be a bit rusty? and the PO lived right by the beach,

So before putting that stock tank back on the bike, how do i properly clean it out? put some gas with seafoam in there, and shake the shit out of it for a while?

or do you guys recommend a better way to clean it out, the tank has been sitting for about 5+ years now, but looks brand new.

Just rinse it with water then let it dry thoroughly before mounting. If you can reach the area you think has surface rust try to knock it off with a brass or nylon brush before rinsing.

'06 DR-Z400S
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #17263
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgarcia View Post
Just rinse it with water then let it dry thoroughly before mounting. If you can reach the area you think has surface rust try to knock it off with a brass or nylon brush before rinsing.
ok, will do, i can definately reach that area, its just that round metal downtube of the fill up thingie.

Thanks guys, i have never had the bike in stock form, bought it with a shaved down seat and the bigger tank, will be putting on the stock tank, and i have a stock seat coming along with a BLUE DRZ400 SM front fender coming from Canada, looking forward to riding it in stock form (look) for a while.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #17264
mars
Starbucks anyone?

Oddometer: 1,893
bump
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #17265
Rwelch360
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
cyrca hand-guards

Does anybody have the cyrca brand hand-guards on their bike? I was looking at the Tusk brand, love the price, but didn't want to have to modify my stock levers to fit. When running cyrca brand will the stock levers fit without modifications?
Rwelch360 is offline   Reply With Quote