Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #17746
Muddler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
Sorry I don't have the experience with seat concepts, however, I used Fishers out of Idaho. WOW, best $169 I spent on the Z. http://fishersaddlebags.com/ . Took a 240 mile ride last week with a lot of slab and fast seated gravel and while my ass was tired it wasn't sore. Felt more like I spent six hours in a car. Just my .02
Nice post, good to see something different. Saddlebag concept is interesting too
Muddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:35 AM   #17747
mark1150
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Sorry I don't have the experience with seat concepts, however, I used Fishers out of Idaho. WOW, best $169 I spent on the Z. http://fishersaddlebags.com/ . Took a 240 mile ride last week with a lot of slab and fast seated gravel and while my ass was tired it wasn't sore. Felt more like I spent six hours in a car. Just my .02
I'm liking the seats and bags.
I'd never heard of these guys before, thanks for the heads up.
I'll give them a mention on the XR400 pages, as they cater for those as well.
mark1150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #17748
CNDRAT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadraCorse View Post
Wheeled her out into the warm spring sun. Windscreen is fully mounted and she's ready to go.

This is one nice Ride...Bad Ass 400

Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing - Oliver Wendell Holmes
CNDRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #17749
Xylx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Fisher Fit

Quote:
I would also point out Fisher customizes the fit. They give you instructions on how to measure yourself in relation to your riding position so they put the padding and widening in the right place and at the right width. I don't think you are going to get that anywhere else. I was lucky enough to be able to drive over there and have them measure. They will do any dual sport near as I can tell. When I was in the shop they were working on Hondas, DRZs, KTMs, and a Husquvarna.
Xylx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #17750
XJHero
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Hi, got a 03 KLX 400R, and had a few issues that I wanted to resolve before riding season kicks off. First was a weeping water pump, seems to be coming out of the bottom where the gasket is. I heard this was a common issue, but as far as a fix goes, just rtv?...or does anyone have better advice?
The second is my speedo gauge is not registering...its not a factory one, just a basic cheapo ebay style one. How can I rule out if its the gauge, cable, or hub unit? I did pull the cable out of the gauge to check it was installed fully but didnt change anything. I have no problem upgrading to a vaportech or something, just want to make sure I replace what needs replacing. Thanks
XJHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #17751
Adrian V
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
G'day Muddler....

I think your legs are longer than mine . That said we should definately do a comparo when we get the chance to ride together, the issue of 'which' seat comes up fairly often.

I'll send you a pm tonight re the trip.

Cheers,

Adrian
Adrian V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #17752
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,647
I have the SC low. I am 6' 240lbs and like it for the first hour or two. After a long day of gravel, it does seem a bit thin...but not horrible.

I do like the lower seat though. Even with a 32" inseam, the ol dizzer is pretty tall with the race sag set correctly for my fat arse

Sent from my fat thumbs on a small touch screen.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #17753
XRman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,685
modified seat concepts seat

I am 5 '11" and 30 "' inseam. I struggle to touch the ground with the ball off my feet with the seat concept standard foam. I like the cruising position for my butt, but when stopping I was often overbalancing.

So I cut 1 '' off the foam at the front section and now I am more stable when stopping.

XRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #17754
Adrian V
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
XRman which racks?

Are those Wolfman racks on your bike? Very clean air filter .
Adrian V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #17755
Blue&Yellow
but orange inside...

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadraCorse View Post
Wheeled her out into the warm spring sun. Windscreen is fully mounted and she's ready to go.

That's the coolest DRZ400 I've ever seen! Well done Sir!

Would love to take that thing for a spin!
Blue&Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #17756
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJHero View Post
Hi, got a 03 KLX 400R, and had a few issues that I wanted to resolve before riding season kicks off. First was a weeping water pump, seems to be coming out of the bottom where the gasket is. I heard this was a common issue, but as far as a fix goes, just rtv?...or does anyone have better advice?
The second is my speedo gauge is not registering...its not a factory one, just a basic cheapo ebay style one. How can I rule out if its the gauge, cable, or hub unit? I did pull the cable out of the gauge to check it was installed fully but didnt change anything. I have no problem upgrading to a vaportech or something, just want to make sure I replace what needs replacing. Thanks
My battery drill runs about 32 mi/hr. Pull the cable and chuck it in the drill, spin it up, see what happens. Process of elimination. I have the entry level Trail Tech on my bike and have gotten years of trouble free service from it.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #17757
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
Guys, I can't find any info on what the symptoms of a bad rotor on A DRZ400 are. The bike that I'm working on will start right up and rev just like it should, but with a 5 minute idle it will die, and then I can't get any spark from the spark plug wire to ground. After 15 minutes it will start up and idle till it's warmed up and then die.

I've swapped CDIs and Coils.....thinking its the rotor now...

...any advise or direct me to a DRZ rotor thread. TIA
"deep fried stator" is the thread on thumpertalk (I think) that details how to check the stator. (not starter)
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #17758
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJHero View Post
Hi, got a 03 KLX 400R, and had a few issues that I wanted to resolve before riding season kicks off. First was a weeping water pump, seems to be coming out of the bottom where the gasket is. I heard this was a common issue, but as far as a fix goes, just rtv?...or does anyone have better advice?Thanks

Also interested to hear about this, my pump is leaking pretty bad, got a new gasket already but havent installed yet. thanks.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #17759
See-Three
C3

Oddometer: 140
Question for you folks,

I'm thinking about buying a used 02 DRZ400E Engine off ebay That i'm hoping to install into my 00 DRZ400S. Am i gonna run into any problems installing The E engine into my S model bike?

Thanks
See-Three is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #17760
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,350
should be a direct bolt in AFAIK