150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,176
HOT CAMS ready for install!

Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #17792
Homercules
Doh!

Oddometer: 22
But those are for race track use only! Any other use violates the law!

Homercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #17793
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Oddometer: 4,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
HOT CAMS ready for install!

Which set up did you get, how much did they run you?
im trying to get stg 2. But I guess they only make stg. 1, however it says if you run the pair itll increase mid to high.

Edit, so I guess they re did the cams and now make stg 2 I/E, but they want $380 for the pair!

focallength screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 12:47 PM
focallength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #17794
bobbed06
Cavalera Conspirator

Oddometer: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by focallength View Post
Which set up did you get, how much did they run you?
im trying to get stg 2. But I guess they only make stg. 1, however it says if you run the pair itll increase mid to high.

Edit, so I guess they re did the cams and now make stg 2 I/E, but they want $380 for the pair!

You dont need or want anything bigger than the Stage 1 Hotcams. They are already bigger than "E" spec cams and anything bigger than the Stage 1 cams would only hurt performance on a motor smaller than 434cc.

If you do have a 450cc or larger build than RHC cams makes them.
bobbed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #17795
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Sorry, I disagree, my 434 will provide.lots of bottom end, stg 2 will increase the power band at 4k and up. Thus giving me good reliable power throughout the band with no peaks. overall it will be stronger, smoother, and more consistant. I wouldnt touch RHC if you gave it to me.
but thanks for telling me what I need and want, preciate it hot cams just re-released their stg 2 ex. For the drz, you can only buy it direct, for now.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #17796
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

They are stage 1 hotcams, i bought them off another forum member who put the web cams on his bike instead of these (hes got a bb stroker engine in his drz)

My bike now runs great , pulls really strong everywhere, really happy with it, 3X3, uni air filter, jetted great, MRD/SSW pipe, 15/44 gearing i can climb anything and hit 90"s with ease,

What should i expect once these cams are on?

I read somewhere that stage 1 is better for dual sport riding, while stage 2 is more for the street, i ride true 50/50 type riding from hard trsils to cruising at 75 on the freeway, i really love and greatly enjoy this bike!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #17797
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
They are stage 1 hotcams, i bought them off another forum member who put the web cams on his bike instead of these (hes got a bb stroker engine in his drz)

My bike now runs great , pulls really strong everywhere, really happy with it, 3X3, uni air filter, jetted great, MRD/SSW pipe, 15/44 gearing i can climb anything and hit 90"s with ease,

What should i expect once these cams are on?

I read somewhere that stage 1 is better for dual sport riding, while stage 2 is more for the street, i ride true 50/50 type riding from hard trsils to cruising at 75 on the freeway, i really love and greatly enjoy this bike!
stg 1, typically increases your bottom end, where stg 2 will typically increase mid to top end. How much, varies by the manufacturer. But its a pretty general rule.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #17798
bobbed06
Cavalera Conspirator

Oddometer: 1,181
Quote:
Sorry, I disagree, my 434 will provide.lots of bottom end, stg 2 will increase the power band at 4k and up. Thus giving me good reliable power throughout the band with no peaks. overall it will be stronger, smoother, and more consistant. I wouldnt touch RHC if you gave it to me.
but thanks for telling me what I need and want, preciate it hot cams just re-released their stg 2 ex. For the drz, you can only buy it direct, for now.
Your welcome......and what valves/ valve springs will you be running with this Stage 2 cam? Whats your reasoning behind saying that RHC cams will never be in your bike?
bobbed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #17799
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbed06 View Post
Your welcome......and what valves/ valve springs will you be running with this Stage 2 cam? Whats your reasoning behind saying that RHC cams will never be in your bike?
Complete, Kibblewhite valve train.

Just dont care for his stuff, thats all, personal preference. Because its personal I wont delve into it.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #17800
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Sometimes I feel like I'm reading a foreign language. The words are English and everyone but me knows what is being discussed. Educate me here folks. These cams pictured are hotcams. High performance cams come from different manufacturers. Who manufactures these high performance "hot cams"? If you tell me the company name is Hot Cams I'm going to open another beer.
thanks in advance

I just opened another beer. Google knows everything.
coarsegoldkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #17801
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
Sometimes I feel like I'm reading a foreign language. The words are English and everyone but me knows what is being discussed. Educate me here folks. These cams pictured are hotcams. High performance cams come from different manufacturers. Who manufactures these high performance "hot cams"? If you tell me the company name is Hot Cams I'm going to open another beer.
thanks in advance

I just opened another beer. Google knows everything.
Hot cams, RHC, megacycle, yoshimura...just to name a few. Most are comperable, megacycle mostly refaces exsisting cams, yoshimura pretty much R and Ds suzuki exclusively. RHC is a home brew company, hot cams is sort of the household name brand.
If you want great custom work on exsisting cams go with megacycle, if you have tons of cash to burn yoshi, is pretty much top shelf, except iirc they only do a stg 1 for the drz.
after that its all custom one off work.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #17802
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
stg 1, typically increases your bottom end, where stg 2 will typically increase mid to top end. How much, varies by the manufacturer. But its a pretty general rule.
yep, that seems to be it, been doing some reading on it, basically stage 1 is good for dirt, while stage 2 is more for street, but its said that both stages work very well and its only a very minor difference between them.

Once they are installed, im gonna beat the shit out of the bike, and post up what i think of them.

When i first got the bike a few months ago (upgraded from a Yamaha XT250), the power was great, double what the yamaha had, had to get used to it, but now im used to it, and am riding this bike to the fullest.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:25 AM   #17803
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
yep, that seems to be it, been doing some reading on it, basically stage 1 is good for dirt, while stage 2 is more for street, but its said that both stages work very well and its only a very minor difference between them.

Once they are installed, im gonna beat the shit out of the bike, and post up what i think of them.

When i first got the bike a few months ago (upgraded from a Yamaha XT250), the power was great, double what the yamaha had, had to get used to it, but now im used to it, and am riding this bike to the fullest.
Street/dirt has nothing to do with it. Its where you want power delivery. A bb kit will increase bottom end, so stg 1 cams would further increase bottom end, causing the engine to pek at low rpms. Great if your doing mx, or trials, hill climbs, or arena cross.
With a stock engine stg 1 will give bottom end torque, with minor mid to high loss, but it wont be overly peaky.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #17804
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 955616846 View Post
Hotcams #2251-2IN and #2252-2E are often referred to as "Stage 1".

The only markings i found was

Hot Cams on both cams

the exhaust has the auto decomp on it and says WW-HC HF NO:48
the intake says WW-HC HF NO:47

Would you happen to know which set i have?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #17805
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Well i was curious, so i just called Hot Cams and spoke to a technician,
The cams i have are the older model stage 1's, they provide a %7-10 power gains over stock and boost up Lower to Midrange, but DO NOT take anything away from top speed/top end power.

The stage 2 cams offer the same %7-10 power gains, but from mid range to up top, but also will not take anything away from the bottom end,

There its been cleared up, so if anyone is interested in hot cams, you will know the difference between both stage 1 and 2.