User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #18061
bkwags
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Unabiker rad guards

Does anyone have any advice on how to mount unabiker rad guards on the DRZ. I bought a 2001 and rec'd the guards in a box with the spacer rods, no other hardware. Any tricks to mounting these properly, pics or videos appreciated.
bkwags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #18062
marine_mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Do any of you guys have a link for the step by step on removing the carb? Seems my float bowl was sticking before I put it away last year. It was dumping fuel by the airbox, and I was planning on rebuilding it.
marine_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #18063
focallength
You're Welcome

Oddometer: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine_mike View Post
Do any of you guys have a link for the step by step on removing the carb? Seems my float bowl was sticking before I put it away last year. It was dumping fuel by the airbox, and I was planning on rebuilding it.
Disconnect fuel line, undo clamps, disconnect throttle cables (mark their placement),wiggle out.

Once you do it 2 or 3 times youll learn the technique for pulling/installing it, in under a minute. One tip, use a large tire iron to bend back the airboot.
focallength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #18064
Jon B.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwags View Post
Does anyone have any advice on how to mount unabiker rad guards on the DRZ. I bought a 2001 and rec'd the guards in a box with the spacer rods, no other hardware. Any tricks to mounting these properly, pics or videos appreciated.
If I can find 'em (as in - haven't thrown 'em away), I'll scan and send them to ya'.

Not tonight, tho...

They don't install particularly easily - on the E model, anyway. The gas tank mounts are a bear. No screws with them? You need a couple of 6mm button-head screws at the inner end of the brace rods. Four in all, I suppose.

I don't recall seeing instructions on the web-site.

Jon

'05 DRZ 400E Titled/Plated
Jon B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #18065
riverrat1515
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
headlights

Was thinking of getting the Moose Racing Species Headlight for my street legal drz400e. Anyone had one of these. The light that the original owner put on is not worth a damn at night.
riverrat1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #18066
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,636
CHEAP AGM Batteries

Amazon has a great deal today, half off AC Delco AGM batteries.

They're not Shorai, but still a great price for a battery!

Got mine for less than $22 shipped. Great deal, IMO.

Here's the thread with info.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #18067
RKM50
n00b

Oddometer: 7
corbin seat and lowering links

I have a like new (meaning no rips) corbin seat off a 2004 drz400, bought new about 4 years ago and also some kouba links, drz2, which lower the bike 1.25".
PM me if interested.
RKM50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #18068
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
Here's one for you guys...anyone feel like sharing their GPS setup for their DRZ?

Would love to get some ideas.

Trying to spend less than $150 on a GPS which seems difficult.

Currently just use my android phone...
I got a waterproof ipod case, made some brackets, and use my old android phone in it. works great.

I like:
oruxmaps
dualsportmaps
and for stupid road stuff
sygic or google nav
Old 04-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #18069
dasvis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKM50 View Post
I have a like new (meaning no rips) corbin seat off a 2004 drz400, bought new about 4 years ago and also some kouba links, drz2, which lower the bike 1.25".
PM me if interested.
PM sent on seat

2009 Suzuki DRZ400S
dasvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #18070
The Recycled Teenager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
I got a waterproof ipod case, made some brackets, and use my old android phone in it. works great.

I like:
oruxmaps
dualsportmaps
and for stupid road stuff
sygic or google nav
I am planning on my Nexus7 in such a case if I can find one, just can't think of the brand name clear waterproof boxes
I know there out there somewhere

2009 DRZ400S 2000 BMW 1150GS 1976 TY 175 2010 Beta EVO 250
KLR 650-sold
1977 BMW R100-sold
The Recycled Teenager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #18071
Xylx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Una Pain

Quote:
It's not like the Unabiker instructions are any help. If you figure it out please post some photos. I gave up for now. Seemed like I would have to take off the radiators completely (and presumably drain them) in order to install the spacer rods. Seems like they could have made for an easier install. But they do look like they would be very sturdy once installed.
Xylx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #18072
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,251
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylx View Post
It's not like the Unabiker instructions are any help. If you figure it out please post some photos. I gave up for now. Seemed like I would have to take off the radiators completely (and presumably drain them) in order to install the spacer rods. Seems like they could have made for an easier install. But they do look like they would be very sturdy once installed.
I thought it was very easy and simple to install, took, me an hour maybe, everything went on smoothly, here are some pics from when i installed them, hopefully this will be helpful to you guys.

I let an old freind of mine ride my bike around the neighborhood, hes a sport bike rider, said it was like a sport bike with knobby tires
Old 04-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #18073
Jon B.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
Quote:
I forgot to ask - is yours an E or an S? The installation may differ, as I see they sell two of them; one for the E/K and one for the S/SM. Mine is an E, so no cooling fan, and a different gas tank mounting scheme.

Jon

'05 DRZ 400E Titled/Plated
Jon B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #18074
outlaws
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
I am using a used GPSMAP® 76Cx got it for $80 off craigslist. It's made for marine use so it's waterproof. All the maps are outdated but I am using it for tracks for offroading and for backtrack use. I haven't used it much as I have been just following people around mostly. I have been starting to record my GPS routes on it and the battery life is great, It lasts a whole weekend of couple of hours riding on 2 AA battery. It's mounted via a ram mount off amazon. It sucks for turn by turn direction on the road but I'm not riding streets. It still works with Garmin Basecamp.
outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #18075
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Recycled Teenager View Post
I am planning on my Nexus7 in such a case if I can find one, just can't think of the brand name clear waterproof boxes
I know there out there somewhere
Pyle makes one, eBay or Amazon around $20