ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 03:21 AM   #18361
Hulley
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Hoschton, Ga.
Oddometer: 67
Tough crowd...
Hulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #18362
WTFMATE
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Geelong, Vic, AUS
Oddometer: 52
Does anyone know exactly how much the IMS 4gal tank holds and if blown out bigger how much it can hold? Cheers
WTFMATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #18363
Lat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Lat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: The Great Republic of Texas
Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMATE View Post
Does anyone know exactly how much the IMS 4gal tank holds and if blown out bigger how much it can hold? Cheers
My brand new IMS tank held 4.13 gallons yesterday after using all but the last few drops in reserve w/o running out. I had tipped the bike to the left about 8 miles before the fill up to get use of some of the right side "storage". Yes, some fuel did slosh back over to the right side before the fill up - likely less than a quart.

Now, the big question - what kinda mileage/range will i get out of her having just done the JD jetting/3x3 mod? ~Jeff

__________________
______________
'05 R1200GS
'04 DR Z400S

Ride For Kids
Lat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #18364
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd
 
fifthcircle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Knee deep in diapers, Nebraska.
Oddometer: 5,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltonp View Post

Thanks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #18365
EOD3MC
What will break next
 
EOD3MC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Colonial Beach VA
Oddometer: 4,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat View Post
My brand new IMS tank held 4.13 gallons yesterday after using all but the last few drops in reserve w/o running out. I had tipped the bike to the left about 8 miles before the fill up to get use of some of the right side "storage". Yes, some fuel did slosh back over to the right side before the fill up - likely less than a quart.

Now, the big question - what kinda mileage/range will i get out of her having just done the JD jetting/3x3 mod? ~Jeff


How far did you get on reserve? I ran mine down this weekend and ended up getting about 2-3 miles . We ended up transfering a couple 12oz bottles worth from a friends clarke tank to get me to the closest pump.
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #18366
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: North Idaho
Oddometer: 160
lowerng links

howdy,
i have noob question. gonna get a new drz400, once i put lowering links on the rear, is there anything i NEED to do the front?
carlclaflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #18367
150ron
Beastly Adventurer
 
150ron's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Valencia, ca
Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlclaflin View Post
howdy,
i have noob question. gonna get a new drz400, once i put lowering links on the rear, is there anything i NEED to do the front?
You can slide up the front forks in the tripple clamps, that will lower the front.

That way the rear and front will be even.
__________________
Just some dude...
150ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #18368
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Swellvue, WA
Oddometer: 10,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat View Post
Now, the big question - what kinda mileage/range will i get out of her having just done the JD jetting/3x3 mod?
Probably slightly less than before, but not enough difference to worry about or, in most cases, even notice.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #18369
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: North Idaho
Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
You can slide up the front forks in the tripple clamps, that will lower the front.

That way the rear and front will be even.
ok, thanks
carlclaflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #18370
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer
 
tdrrally's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: doing hard time in charleston,wv
Oddometer: 3,328
make sure the tire does not rub the fender when the suspension is bottomed out
__________________
2000 DRZ400e tagged
1980 TS125 project in the corner
tdrrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #18371
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?
 
PhiSig1071's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Oddometer: 1,884
I decided to try the Trackmaster II front and rear, they were like $150 for the set at my local CG. We'll see how I like them. If I hate them, I'm only out $150 and I'll try something new. If I love them then I only have to spend $150 a set for brand new tires.

The guy there was recommending the Michelin AC-10, and they looked bad ass, but the front looked like it would suck on the road.

I know people like the rear, and say the front is not that great. If I don't like the front I'll go to the Pirelli.
__________________
Which one of you FF's was it?...FOUNDER!

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #18372
Gadget678
Beastly Adventurer
 
Gadget678's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
I decided to try the Trackmaster II front and rear, they were like $150 for the set at my local CG. We'll see how I like them. If I hate them, I'm only out $150 and I'll try something new. If I love them then I only have to spend $150 a set for brand new tires.

The guy there was recommending the Michelin AC-10, and they looked bad ass, but the front looked like it would suck on the road.

I know people like the rear, and say the front is not that great. If I don't like the front I'll go to the Pirelli.
My opinion:
AC10 fronts suck...... Rears are good.
Kenda Trackmaster grips well, but wore very quickly (on my 250)... Having a good run out of Kenda Washougal rear on the DRZ.
__________________

Have you ever noticed that when you're out on the bike, nothing else matters?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709292
Gadget678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #18373
JoCo
Adventurer
 
JoCo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Orland Park, Illinois
Oddometer: 28
Michelin T63s

I just got a fresh pair of michelin T63 tires in the mail, haven't mounted them yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to riding on my first pair of "proper" knobbies. So far I've been running 50/50ish tires, so I'm sure any knobby will be eye opening. They look just like the 606s, but cost considerably less. Anyone else running these? How'd they treat ya?
__________________
2008 DRZ-400S
JoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:37 AM   #18374
Lat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Lat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: The Great Republic of Texas
Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD3MC View Post
How far did you get on reserve? I ran mine down this weekend and ended up getting about 2-3 miles . We ended up transfering a couple 12oz bottles worth from a friends clarke tank to get me to the closest pump.
I really can't accurately answer your question yet just because I didn't have enough fuel in the tank to go from "on" to "res" on the Yamaha petcock in the IMS 4 gallon tank.

Seems like you should have gotten more than a couple of miles out of the donor fuel - if you sent all that fuel to the petcock side of your tank? If you just poured the fuel w/o sending it to the petcock side, you probably didn't get full use of your effort. Had you already tipped the bike to the petcock side? The further you tip her, the more miles you'll get, obviously. Even more if you let her take a little nap!


Even after laying her all the way down to get all the fuel to the left side, a little fuel had slooshed back to the right side by the time I got to the nearest gas station, just a couple of miles down the road. ~Jeff
__________________
______________
'05 R1200GS
'04 DR Z400S

Ride For Kids
Lat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:50 AM   #18375
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer
 
tdrrally's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: doing hard time in charleston,wv
Oddometer: 3,328
it makes you wonder why they didn't move the petcocks to the lowest point in the tank
__________________
2000 DRZ400e tagged
1980 TS125 project in the corner
tdrrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014