Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #18571
LittleRedToyota
Yinzer

Oddometer: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo101 View Post
Hi folks,

Got myself a 2011 DRZ 400e Aussie spec a few weeks back, and I'm loving it.

But I have found that there seems to be a substantial dead spot from idle when I crack the throttle - almost to the point of stalling the engine.
which carb does the aussie E model have these days?

if it's the mikuni BSR, welcome to the world of non-pumper carbs on a 4 stroke.

if you really wick the throttle open from idle, you should be able to make it stall. it's just the nature of the carb. the carb does not have an accelerator pump to feed extra fuel as the throttle is cracked wide open from idle. thus, it dies. the solution is to not open the throttle so far so fast from idle.

if it has the FCR or some other pumper carb, you have a problem.
LittleRedToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #18572
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardbiker View Post

You can find it at Autozone. A little pricey but supposedly worth it. And after my wrap fell apart I plan on doing it next time. Also I think it keeps the fibers from sticking out of the wrap as much and getting stuck in everything. Shit makes me itchy.

Thanks for the info, i noticed the wrap was smoking and making a bad smell when i hit the dirt this weekend, i guess it does that cause its brand new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
150,every time you post your bike I look at the pic for like 5 minutes.

It looks so clean/awesome, well done!
Thanks, really enjoying this bike to the fullest, every time i ride it its a blast, both dirt and street, beat the shit out of it this past weekend,

Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #18573
bobbed06
Cavalera Conspirator

Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by focallength View Post
Eddie? Him and his partner are world class idiots, they know a little about nothing and play off like theyre experts. If you want bad advice, wrong parts and damaged parts passed off as brand new, then there exactly who you want to talk to. If you want home made crap and poor specs talk to epic, they make tons of cash scamming TT members and if you call them on their scams they get idignant and blow you off.
how dare you demand parts that were shipped two weeks ago, stop calling were too busy to deal with you, yeah we have your money, yeah we said wed call you back 15 times, no we dont know where your stuff is, even though we told you yesterday it shipped 3 days ago...
Wow, I guess everyone has a bad experience with any given person occasionally. I guess I am a lucky customer because Eddie was on point on all of the helpful info I requested. He also made me a super trick custom wiring harness made to my very specific and one off specs. I have been wrenching on bikes for 20 years (I still hate wiring) and I have never seen him or heard of him giving out bad information. As far as customer service I can only speak from my dealings with him on that level.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1009935
bobbed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #18574
greenramp
Airborne

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbed06 View Post
Wow, I guess everyone has a bad experience with any given person occasionally. I guess I am a lucky customer because Eddie was on point on all of the helpful info I requested. He also made me a super trick custom wiring harness made to my very specific and one off specs. I have been wrenching on bikes for 20 years (I still hate wiring) and I have never seen him or heard of him giving out bad information. As far as customer service I can only speak from my dealings with him on that level.
I agree so I guess for every one bad experience there's two good ones. Have had nothing but great customer service and advice from them.

greenramp screwed with this post 04-30-2013 at 06:16 AM
greenramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #18575
Psycho18th
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
which carb does the aussie E model have these days?

if it's the mikuni BSR, welcome to the world of non-pumper carbs on a 4 stroke.

if you really wick the throttle open from idle, you should be able to make it stall. it's just the nature of the carb. the carb does not have an accelerator pump to feed extra fuel as the throttle is cracked wide open from idle. thus, it dies. the solution is to not open the throttle so far so fast from idle.

if it has the FCR or some other pumper carb, you have a problem.
If you have the FCR, this cured the bog when whacking the throttle open from idle, for me night and day difference:(Focallength can skip this part)
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/793...dies-mod-pics/

When it cropped up again a couple weeks ago, this is what my accel pump diaphragm looked like:
Notice the cracked rubber part. Installed a new diaphragm this weekend and bog is gone.

Hope this helps,
Psycho
00 and '07 YAM TTR 90s (kids' bikes)
89 Lockheed F-16C (Work vehicle )
Psycho18th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:57 AM   #18576
Wasca
Adventurized!

Oddometer: 588
Question DRZ400SM Front Fender Black

Hi Guys

I'm a new DRZ400E 2012 owner and I really love the look of the tapered front fender on the DRZ400SM model.

Can anyone tell me where I may be able to get a black front fender that is normally on a SM model for my E model?

I really want to get a fender like the larger one featured on this page http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?111321-Supermoto-Front-Fender-Pictorial-(DRZ-vs-Acerbis)

Also do you think there would be any fitment issues between the models?
Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #18577
32x20
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
I guess I missed focallength's response. It sucks that you've had that experience with them, but I gather that's not the norm.

My experience with them was in person, so I can't speak to their shipping policies. I brought an old E-model FCR and thought I just needed jets, but just to help a guy out Eddie tore into the carb and basically disassembled the thing on their counter and picked out the new parts and correct jets that I needed (diaphram looked like Psycho's and there was an O-ring that needed replacing). They charged me for the (cheap) parts I needed and nothing for his time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbed06 View Post
32x20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #18578
Gadget678
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasca View Post
Hi Guys

I'm a new DRZ400E 2012 owner and I really love the look of the tapered front fender on the DRZ400SM model.

Can anyone tell me where I may be able to get a black front fender that is normally on a SM model for my E model?

I really want to get a fender like the larger one featured on this page http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?111321-Supermoto-Front-Fender-Pictorial-(DRZ-vs-Acerbis)

Also do you think there would be any fitment issues between the models?
I've recently fitted a YZF450 style front guard to my sons KX (UFO built).... Could be worth looking at.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Front-fen...item27d177015d

As for fitment: nothing a drill can't fix.

Have you ever noticed that when you're out on the bike, nothing else matters?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709292
Gadget678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #18579
USA-H1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
DRZ-400 Packed

I'm getting ready for my first real adventure ride through Colorado and Utah. I will be living off my bike for 2 weeks and I have the bike mostly packed up. I'm only waiting on a few more things to come in but I could not be happier with the wolfman luggage rollie bag system I decided to go with. I used a large rollie up top and two medium rollies on the sides.

Packed inside is a sleeping bag, Camping chair, camp stove, pots/pans, soap, clothes, tent and rain fly, tools, 1911 pistol, cell phone with charging chord and accessories, 2 litres of extra fuel and some other miscelaneous small things. Sleeping pad is on top of the large rollie bag.

I will also be wearing a back pack with my camel back and the rest of my camping equipment. I'm trying to go as light as possible.

Here are some pics all loaded up

USA-H1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #18580
150ron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,253
Looking good USA-H1, have a fun and safe journey, take pics, bike looks ready to roll.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #18581
Tirpse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Hi!

Could be one of my first posts here to DR-Z 400 topic. Some things i have added to my 2006 DR-Z 400 S model

GPS holder for Garmin 478 and few switches to switch 12V power outled and also as i have Xenon light installed to switch xenon light on/off (just in came you need to drive very slowly, start bike several times etc)

Clarke 16l tank and el cheapo-fuel meter.

Rear luggage frame (I use Giantloop Basin saddlebag)

Giant Loop Buckin' Roll tank bag which fits nicely to bike

I have been also looking for a while to add more better windshield to bike for longdistance travelling. I made a deal with guy from Holland who used to make those (probably some have bought those) that i bought his mould what he used to make those fairings. So mould arrived today and i am making first samples very soon.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #18582
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirpse View Post

I want I want , dang that's a bad ass fairing right there.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #18583
Tirpse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
I want I want , dang that's a bad ass fairing right there.
Hi!

I will keep you updated how those fairings turns out. I should have first test samples done in few weeks.

There is picture of two bikes with fairings made using that same mould from website of my friend who introduced me to fairing original maker.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #18584
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,207
DRZ400 Rear Brake Issue/Bleed Advice

My DRZ400E has been sitting most of the winter. Went to go for a spin, but soon discovered I had no rear brake. Master cylinder fluid is at the full line. Had full rear brake on the last ride. Was going to do a bleed, but a quick G-Search gave me some ThumperTalk.com threads talking about how difficult it is.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions/methods to share?

Thanks!
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #18585
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
My DRZ400E has been sitting most of the winter. Went to go for a spin, but soon discovered I had no rear brake. Master cylinder fluid is at the full line. Had full rear brake on the last ride. Was going to do a bleed, but a quick G-Search gave me some ThumperTalk.com threads talking about how difficult it is.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions/methods to share?

Thanks!

Bleeding the brakes is actually really easy on most motorcycles, the DRZ included. Is there anything in particular that you're hung up on? If you really want to make it easy on yourself, you can get speed bleeders. Even a moron can bleed their brakes properly with those.