Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #18586
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
My DRZ400E has been sitting most of the winter. Went to go for a spin, but soon discovered I had no rear brake. Master cylinder fluid is at the full line. Had full rear brake on the last ride. Was going to do a bleed, but a quick G-Search gave me some ThumperTalk.com threads talking about how difficult it is.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions/methods to share?

Thanks!
I just finished replacing the seals, piston, and spring in my drzs rear master. the snap ring was more frustrating than anything.

... the bleeding takes 5 minutes, tops. I had gobs of air in the line after pulling it all apart. refilling the piston area upside down, then inserting everything seems to be the trick.

now I have a firm, very light touch rear brake again. just a big toe in a flipflop will stop the world it seems. ;)

ordered a "rebuild kit" from ebay for $26. so far no leaks. :)
Old 04-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #18587
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirpse View Post
Hi!

I will keep you updated how those fairings turns out. I should have first test samples done in few weeks.

There is picture of two bikes with fairings made using that same mould from website of my friend who introduced me to fairing original maker.

Please keep us updated, put me on the list as very interested.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #18588
See-Three
C3

Oddometer: 131
Anyone have any suggestions for a throttle cable replacement? I ordered a motion pro awhile ago and it doesn't even come close to fitting ( too short and the housing at the carb end is straight on both cables).

Thanks
See-Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #18589
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by See-Three View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for a throttle cable replacement? I ordered a motion pro awhile ago and it doesn't even come close to fitting ( too short and the housing at the carb end is straight on both cables).

Thanks
For stuff like that i'll stick to oem parts...
Old 04-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #18590
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Oddometer: 4,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by See-Three View Post

Thanks
Sounds like e model cables, ive used motion pro for years, they always fit perfectly.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #18591
focallength
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Oddometer: 4,362
Quote:
My DRZ400E has been sitting most of the winter. Went to go for a spin, but soon discovered I had no rear brake. Master cylinder fluid is at the full line. Had full rear brake on the last ride. Was going to do a bleed, but a quick G-Search gave me some ThumperTalk.com threads talking about how difficult it is.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions/methods to share?

Thanks!
Yeah, go buy a $6 brake bleed kit, takes about 5 minutes, I think the nipple takes a 6mm wrench.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #18592
iconman
Good vibrations

Oddometer: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
Please keep us updated, put me on the list as very interested.
What he said...
98 Suzuki DS 80 Gone to a new home
iconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #18593
B3EAR
Sheepdog

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-H1 View Post
I'm getting ready for my first real adventure ride through Colorado and Utah. I will be living off my bike for 2 weeks and I have the bike mostly packed up. I'm only waiting on a few more things to come in but I could not be happier with the wolfman luggage rollie bag system I decided to go with. I used a large rollie up top and two medium rollies on the sides.

Packed inside is a sleeping bag, Camping chair, camp stove, pots/pans, soap, clothes, tent and rain fly, tools, 1911 pistol, cell phone with charging chord and accessories, 2 litres of extra fuel and some other miscelaneous small things. Sleeping pad is on top of the large rollie bag.

I will also be wearing a back pack with my camel back and the rest of my camping equipment. I'm trying to go as light as possible.

Here are some pics all loaded up

Is that wolf man setup using the wolf man saddle bag system? I'm also heading out this summer on my first big adventure ride. I'm dialing in my dizzer and was thinking of using the saddle bag system with the same rolly bags that you have there. Nice!
B3EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #18594
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardbiker View Post
Bleeding the brakes is actually really easy on most motorcycles, the DRZ included. Is there anything in particular that you're hung up on? If you really want to make it easy on yourself, you can get speed bleeders. Even a moron can bleed their brakes properly with those.
I haven't even touched them yet, but thought I'd ask first before wasting a bunch of brake fluid.
I guess I shouldn't have read those ThumperTalk.com posts on how hard it was.

I DID order me up some Speed Bleeders, though... I figure this moron can use all the help he can get.
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #18595
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
I haven't even touched them yet, but thought I'd ask first before wasting a bunch of brake fluid.
I guess I shouldn't have read those ThumperTalk.com posts on how hard it was.

I DID order me up some Speed Bleeders, though... I figure this moron can use all the help he can get.

Hahaha... Cool. I used speed bleeders on my 240sx and they worked really well. Clever little piece of engineering, and pretty cheap too.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #18596
USA-H1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3EAR View Post
Is that wolf man setup using the wolf man saddle bag system? I'm also heading out this summer on my first big adventure ride. I'm dialing in my dizzer and was thinking of using the saddle bag system with the same rolly bags that you have there. Nice!
Yea that is the wolfman saddlebag mount with the rollie bags on it. The website says a medium rollie is the largest you can use up top but I saw in some thread that someone confirmed you can use a large and so thats what I did. It is tight but it works.
USA-H1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #18597
TypeSH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Good info about the wolfman rolie. I went with the 2 smalls on the side and the medium on the top which isn't enough for motorcycle camping IMO. I'll probably buy another medium and one large now that I see you did it.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #18598
Homercules
Doh!

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-H1 View Post
Yea that is the wolfman saddlebag mount with the rollie bags on it. The website says a medium rollie is the largest you can use up top but I saw in some thread that someone confirmed you can use a large and so thats what I did. It is tight but it works.
Nice setup! I did the same thing for awhile and it worked great.

I would also suggest you get one of those small cargo nets for your stuff strapped to the top of your duffel. And put something on your exhaust pipe in case you go over!
Homercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #18599
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 2,057
Does anybody know of an alternative to eBay when looking for parts?

Long story short, I want to make my E model more ADV ready, and I was thinking of upgrading to an S-subframe for the added strength. I looked on eBay and the s-subframes that are there seem kinda expensive.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #18600
fotoguzzi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
tell me about DRZ 400S

got a chance at one for fairly cheap.. 2002 DRZ 400S says it had a radiator leak "and may have over heated" it does run but he says smokes when warmed up but not white smoke. only has 4k miles.. what are the likely problems and how big a deal to fix it? I can't get a look till tomorrow night so I want to have info.. thanks!
is this the right place to post or should I start a new thread?