Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #18631
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romatsu View Post
I'm 98% lurker, but I just had to thank all on this thread for all the shared knowledge. And to share back here is the result of all your passion as expressed by myself.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks again.
Good looking bike with some upgrades. We need to c it in action now ...
Old 05-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #18632
Romatsu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
Good looking bike with some upgrades. We need to c it in action now ...
Ask and ye shall receive. This is a shot taken by Cannonshot at the 2011 CADVR Rally milliseconds before I went down.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #18633
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
I haven't even touched them yet, but thought I'd ask first before wasting a bunch of brake fluid.
I guess I shouldn't have read those ThumperTalk.com posts on how hard it was.

I DID order me up some Speed Bleeders, though... I figure this moron can use all the help he can get.

So, I don't know what all the hubbub was about. ( ) I pulled the rear master cylinder cover and found I was just really low. Filled it, pumped the pedal a few times, cracked the rear bleeder... got a small stream, a spurt of air, then solid brake fluid. Closed the bleeder, pumped up the master again, cracked the bleeder while holding the pedal... just fluid. Nice, solid rear brake now.

Not sure if it made any difference, but my driveway is pretty sloped... had the bike facing uphill while bleeding. Not sure if that helped since the rear slave was lower than the master?
2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure (SOLD!) | 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #18634
CPAT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Anybody else have clearance issues between shifter and CS sprocket cover when you adjust your shifter up for riding with MX boots?
Yep I did too. Took a Dremel to the cover and notched it until there was no interaction ..Fixed it for me and didn't cost a thing...Pat
CPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #18635
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
No. I don't see how you could have clearance issues, though?

Back on the subject of luggage, I tossed the Coyote on the bike and decided to weld up a little bar to help keep it off the muffler. I'll get some pics someday.
I wear a size 12, I have Alpinestars Tech 3 MX boots, when I adjust the lever up enough to make it easy to shift with the boots on, the lever touches the underside of the plastic CS cover when I shift up. It also occasionally rubs the side of the stator cover too. I think I am going to get that MSR lever.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #18636
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 279
Awesome, glad you took care of it without any hassle! The orientation of the brake lines vs the reservoir can definitely trap air bubbles. I had that issue with my front brake line as it loops up and over. had to remove the reservoir from the bars and lift it up to get the air out. Worked great though!

Quote:
So, I don't know what all the hubbub was about. ( ) I pulled the rear master cylinder cover and found I was just really low. Filled it, pumped the pedal a few times, cracked the rear bleeder... got a small stream, a spurt of air, then solid brake fluid. Closed the bleeder, pumped up the master again, cracked the bleeder while holding the pedal... just fluid. Nice, solid rear brake now.

Not sure if it made any difference, but my driveway is pretty sloped... had the bike facing uphill while bleeding. Not sure if that helped since the rear slave was lower than the master?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #18637
TypeSH
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
Do you like the fit of the Wofman on your IMS tank? Which one is it?
Is your tank painted, and can you still see the fuel level?
Wolfman enduro tank bag. It takes getting used to but after a while you forget about it.
The tank came in Suzuki yellow already. I open it up to see how much is in it but for the most part I just use my trip odometer.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #18638
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeSH View Post
I open it up to see how much is in it but for the most part I just use my trip odometer.
U can get 160 miles of off-rd ride time easy out of that tank. I tested it many time it never failed me. And I am talking about revving engine in 2nd & 3rd gear most of the time.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #18639
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 279
I figured I'd show you all my luggage setup in case anyone was looking for ideas.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #18640
Olivo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Noise over 105 kph

Hallo everyone.
I have a problem when riding on highways, I have 1 toot down on the front sprocket. Bike is fine, when I go over 105 Km/h on highway I hear a noise form the engine. It sounds like cafe beans inside a blender. I slow down a bit and noise goes away and bike runs perfect again. Could this be the chain tensioner?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #18641
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivo View Post
Hallo everyone.
I have a problem when riding on highways, I have 1 toot down on the front sprocket. Bike is fine, when I go over 105 Km/h on highway I hear a noise form the engine. It sounds like cafe beans inside a blender. I slow down a bit and noise goes away and bike runs perfect again. Could this be the chain tensioner?
Could be just a loose chain. Tighten it up a bit and ride the same way and see if it goes away.
2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure (SOLD!) | 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #18642
marine_mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Finally!

Went for my first street ride...ever. I took my MSC last august and left for Baghdad three days later, so I didn't get to ride before the season ended. I have to admit.....I was nervous, but it kind of came easy after a few miles. Only hiccup was when I made a right down a dirt road and hit a rut. No biggy...just a bit of fishtail. Now I just have to get my list of things to do, done before I hop back on today.
marine_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #18643
MojaveSidecar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
For those of you that use a Giant Loop Coyote, do I need to add additional protection for the exhaust heat or am I good to just slap the bag on and roll?
Seems to me I got a heat shield with my coyote for use on my SM when I ordered from GL.

I believe it is required especially with my Yosh exhaust

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/collect...gs-heat-shield
MojaveSidecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #18644
Olivo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Could be just a loose chain. Tighten it up a bit and ride the same way and see if it goes away.
Thanks Narsisco. That could be a possibility but the chain looks fine, I might be able to pull one more click. I'll also inspect the chain drive for something else that could cause the problem. From last year riding I remember the noise to be located in the front. It comes out on highways only when the engine is revving steady high, in lower gears I've never had problems. The chain drive seams the most logical. I'll test ride it again and pay close attention to find out where the noise is coming from.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #18645
marine_mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
New request. Does anyone know the size of the bolt holding the rear brake switch to the frame? Mine walked away and never came back.
marine_mike is offline   Reply With Quote