Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #19081
SteveROntario
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
When I needed I new cam chain and tensioner I noted remarks here about Eddie Sisneros and his products. I always try to support small businesses so I phoned him a week ago yesterday, ordered a cam chain kit, and my credit card was charged for over 140.00. I spoke to him personally and he said the stuff would get into the mail that day. I told him the the bike is in pieces in a parking lot in Santa Fe and I appreciate his quick delivery.
Six days go by and no package. I send him an email asking about this. I get this reply on the morning of June 6:

im checking into as soon as the parts dept is open.

About 6 or 7 hours go by and I don't hear anything so I send another email and get this reply:

they sent it to the wrong adress. its been corrected and on its way. should see it tommorow if not sat.

Of course, the chain has not appeared as of Saturday evening. And, I don't see any apology for the wasted time or inconvenience. I don't see any understanding of customer service at all.
On Monday morning I plan to contact my credit card company and open a fraud complaint.
Just saying, there are a number of vendors out there selling us parts who do understand customer service and can be relied upon. For instance, I ordered an oil change kit from ThumperTalk and it was on my doorstep three days later. Those are the types of businesses that deserve our support.
Yeah, I've been surprised that none of Eddie's replies to anybody included an apology. I've ordered a SSW fan switch and large battery holder from him after seeing the complaints but I'm not in a hurry to get them and he's the only source.

When I'm doing major work on something I usually take it apart to see what's needed and then put it back together while I wait for parts. That works well unless something gets broken and then it's a scramble to get the thing mobile again.
Steve
Old 06-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #19082
MrBob
Certified Geezer

Oddometer: 7,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
There has been like 5-7 threads in the last week alone on TT about SSW and his horrible customer service, its simply a case of guy does great engine work, but does not know shit about customer servie, period.
At this point, I just want my money back so I can get a chain and tensioner somewhere and get back on the road.
Initially, I didn't realize that Sisneros was associated with Epic. I had already decided to avoid that outfit after a similar customer service disaster and shoddy work.
We need to communicate with one another on these issues to support vendors who really offer service and call out the ones who don't so you know what you're risking when you hand them money. If I had known about focallengths experience, for instance, I would have looked elsewhere.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #19083
Dirty Tread
Roadapple Flinger

Oddometer: 22
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbed06 View Post
Really?? I like the Vapor myself, and with a fully built 434cc engine its fast too.

I couldn't help but notice your bike is on an interior hardwood floor. Pamper that bike much ?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #19084
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,330
or love?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #19085
THRASHED
Moving on Up

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post
I just hooked up the Zeta hand guard LEDs as running lights.

I didn't think they would be bright enough in daylight for turn signals.

signed, Conspicuous
I wish I had kept one stocker on when I checked mine out. I disagree about the brightness. To me they seem a bit brighter and they are mounted a little higher which seems like it might make better eye contact with drivers. Maybe someone will do that in the future as a comparison.
THRASHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #19086
MrBob
Certified Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greer View Post
I don't mean to butt in, I've been following the thread last couple of weeks just learning about the DR-Z....

Any way, I have the best luck with Rocky Mtn and OEM Cycle. Their sites let you know if the part is in stock, and you get shipping/tracking updates by email. No affiliation with either, just a happy customer.

Sarah

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

http://www.oemcycle.com/
I've heard nothing but good things about Rocky Mtn.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #19087
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
I've heard nothing but good things about Rocky Mtn.

I've been using them pretty regularly since I got my DRZ last year. They always have competitive prices and, wow, do they ship fast! Two big thumbs up for them!
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #19088
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,330
i worked for ktm-parts. what ever
and bought must of my parts from rocky mountain atv

never had an issue with them
Old 06-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #19089
BuilderScott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 962
New Subframe installed

S Subframe installed on an E... Pretty easy swap out. The only mod to the frame was drilling out the header mount for through bolting. No big deal but here's a couple pics.

BuilderScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #19090
MrBob
Certified Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderScott View Post

I have the S subframe mod on my KLX and found that I needed to use the Dremel on some of the plastic when I reinstalled it.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #19091
BuilderScott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 962
Quote:
I have the S subframe mod on my KLX and found that I needed to use the Dremel on some of the plastic when I reinstalled it.
In the interest of full-disclosure, this DRZ(e) came with the S-subframe, so I swapped S for S yesterday because I broke the rear of the subframe off. There may have been some minor tweaks to the plastics when it was done originally.

BuilderScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #19092
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Hey guys and gals in the California and neighboring states this may be of interest to you. These are very nice folks that fight to keep our trails open and CLEAN. You would not believe what trash is up in the camp sites.

Stewards of the Sierra National Forest 4th Annual Membership Drive, BBQ Fundraiser & Optional Dual Sport Adventure

Elks Lodge in Oakhurst California July 13/14, 2013

It’s that time of year again to come out and help show your support for the Stewards of the Sierra National Forest (SOTSNF) which were voted as the 2011 Volunteer Trail Group of the Year, for the Sierra National Forest, Region 5

All of California, and the USDA/USFS Nationwide. This will be our 4 th annual fundraising event for the Stewards of the Sierra National Forest an organization dedicated to keeping Public Access to the Sierra National Forest open for all to use and enjoy.

Donation
Your Tax deductable donation of $85.00 per person includes a Saturday Night BBQ, SOTSNF T-Shirt, and Membership to the Stewards of the Sierra National Forest a (Division of CTUC a 501-C3 not for profit).

Raffle
There will be a raffle table full of swag and prizes after the BBQ on Saturday night and some well deserved awards given out to those who braved our Optional Dual Sport Adventure.

Dual Sport Adventure (Optional)
On Saturday and Sunday there will be an Optional Self Guided Dual Sport Adventure through the Sierra National Forest north of Oakhurst and the Bass Lake area. Roll Charts and GPS tracks will be provided to guide you along the scenic routes (bring a camera) which will consist of great back roads and trails throughout the area. The route will be approximately 100 miles on Saturday and 80 miles on Sunday.

Optional hard way splits for the more experienced rider.

The adventures will start and end at
the Elks Lodge in Oakhurst, CA
(Hwy 41/Rd 222 North of Oakhurst).

On Saturday’s route, food and gas will be available for purchase at the lunch/gas stop at the Triangle store. Sunday’s route is a 100 mile loop and there will be gas/lunch stop at the famous Jones Store.

If you choose to participate in the Optional Dual Sport Adventure, your bike must be street legal, be able to go 75 miles on a tank of gas, and meet the USFS 96db sound level and spark arrestor requirements.

Click here for event sign up.http://www.sotsnf.org/pdf/2013_BBQ_Flyer.pdf
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #19093
revmaaatin
Sioux Empire Iron Horse

Oddometer: 298
one day service

Quote:
At this point, I just want my money back so I can get a chain and tensioner somewhere and get back on the road.
Initially, I didn't realize that Sisneros was associated with Epic. I had already decided to avoid that outfit after a similar customer service disaster and shoddy work.
We need to communicate with one another on these issues to support vendors who really offer service and call out the ones who don't so you know what you're risking when you hand them money. If I had known about focallengths experience, for instance, I would have looked elsewhere.

My goodness, I feel your pain.

You can get any part(s) you desperately need next day air using your Suzuki dealer.
It will cost you, of course.

We did this very thing in Riverton, WY when we blew out a clutch (KLR650) in the bogs of the Great Basin.

unabashed, shameless plug: http://www.wildwestpowersports.com/

It cost $70 for next day air; arrived on a Saturday noon.
The dealer dropped all other work, and stayed after the noon closing on Saturday.
We were rolling again by 4pm.
Plus the cost of one unscheduled, unbudgeted night in the hotel for $100.

A four day wait would have cost us $400...if it were business days. Since it happened on a Friday, we would have had $600 in hotel cost or four miserable days in the local campground...yet that is another tale of fractured ankles (his), sprained ankle (mine), and badly broken bikes.

Sounds like this little maintenance venture has cost you plenty of riding time already. Order the OEM, overnight and stop the hemorrhaging.

m.

...fine is the line between foolishness and daring....Paul Vasey Rivers of America
revmaaatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #19094
MrBob
Certified Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaaatin View Post
My goodness, I feel your pain.

You can get any part(s) you desperately need next day air using your Suzuki dealer.
It will cost you, of course.

Sounds like this little maintenance venture has cost you plenty of riding time already. Order the OEM, overnight and stop the hemorrhaging.
At the time I placed my order, I was promised delivery in about three days, which was doable and a not unrealistic expectation from Denver to Santa Fe. But, that was when Sisneros had an ounce of credibility in my eyes. I have no reason to believe that he's actually sent any parts, which I'll be taking up with my credit card company.
It has cost me considerable riding time and to help fill that time I tore the engine down further and had a local machine shop inspect piston and cylinder. Both were nearly perfect so when the engine is reassembled with a new cam chain and piston rings I'll be good to go for some time.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:30 AM   #19095
carlclaflin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk$ View Post
We found a well priced XT225 and are going to look at it today. Looks like this bike will be okay for short highway rides, great on back roads, and great on trail for my lovely wife. We are pretty excited. Thank you for your help!
the xt225 is a rock solid bike! i have a 94, with 16/45 sprockets, 3rd owner with 12800+ miles. i ride 70/30 street/ FS roads and I'm 210lbs, on flat roads, she run at 65+ no problem. Uphills, i have to work the gears, depending on the grade of the hill. so far this little bike has been tons of fun and rock solid.

if you get one, especially an older bike, make sure you take the topend off and inspect the piston and cyclinder wall and the little gasket on the one of the dowls, the little rubber gasket will cause to burn oil. Check the valves seats and if you can or take to GOOD shop, have them replace your valve seals.... this could/ will help you save your engine and oil consumption. as with any vehicle, a little preventive maintenance/care goes a long way.
RIDE SAFE
carlclaflin is offline   Reply With Quote