User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2009, 04:22 AM   #3121
MIXDR
Mick (Australia)

Oddometer: 9
Thanks dasvis (Toolkit q&a)

Cheers dasvis. That's a good thread on a general toolkit. Hadn't missed much in mine, but it's got a couple of good extras I'll now include. Nice pick-up.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #3122
clown head
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
can't wait !!

i'll be getting my drz400s next week ! i'm unloading an R1 yamaha and going back to my dirt roots for a while. getting an '08 with 55miles. i know i'll miss the sport bike but you guys make this little bike sound like a blast to ride. just waiting on yamaha to get me the title, they don't seem to be in any hurry . shuould be monday or tuesday of next week, i'll have some spare change to get some extras. not sure what to get first thought. i have 5 days to figure it out.
clown head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #3123
alma1992
Jaded AND Cynical!

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by clown head
i'll be getting my drz400s next week ! i'm unloading an R1 yamaha and going back to my dirt roots for a while. getting an '08 with 55miles. i know i'll miss the sport bike but you guys make this little bike sound like a blast to ride. just waiting on yamaha to get me the title, they don't seem to be in any hurry . shuould be monday or tuesday of next week, i'll have some spare change to get some extras. not sure what to get first thought. i have 5 days to figure it out.
New tires and a larger tank. After you ride for awhile you'll figure out what else is needed. Enjoy!

"There will always be kings, no matter what they are called"
alma1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #3124
Cumminsman76
befuddled

Oddometer: 8,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by KI6HNB
How are you liking the TKC's so far? My first set of tires after the deathwings was the D606's and they work great in the dirt and suck on the street(expected). I'm looking for something in between for the next set. Was thinking Gripsters or TKC's if I can find a good price on them. I commute with the bike 40 miles round trip every day almost all freeway.
These are my second set. I think the first set went 5 or 6K. I ride alot of slab with mine and I figured they would be roughter than the deathwings but do about the same on the street. I didnt ride much gravel with the wings but the TKC's seem do good in gravel.

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #3125
Cumminsman76
befuddled

Oddometer: 8,451
Quote:
Get a set of SM wheels and I bet you wont miss it much.

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #3126
teamhypoxia
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedrzguy
My front sprocket bolt came loose on a ride and developed a leak. Tightened back up and rode 40 miles back to truck...not a drop. Anyone have experience with this? I'm sure its a fairly easy fix, but some feedback will calm the nerves....Thanks in advance............
Sorry for just giving a link, but this thread will explain it far better than I can.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=625998

It's actually a fairly important fix that you should do immediately to save yourself much grief down the road.
02 Ninja 250
02 DRZ400S
02 XR100
02 XR50
teamhypoxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #3127
mick
speedtrippy

Oddometer: 3,684
Quote:
I just sold my R1 for a slightly used DRZ400 also. My friends thought I was crazy for doing it, but the DRZ is so versatile. I can uturn the DRZ better than a bicycle. it's less fatiguing for me also in town traffic.

"People don't understand what I'm doing. But it's not for the lack of me telling them about it".
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:14 AM   #3128
clown head
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
sm wheels

i want to fit up some sm wheels. can you get wheels off an older suzuki street bike? i'd like to do it with out breaking the bank.
clown head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #3129
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,264
Quote:
i want to fit up some sm wheels. can you get wheels off an older suzuki street bike? i'd like to do it with out breaking the bank.
I'm not aware of any suzuki street bike which has wheels compatible with a DRZ.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #3130
Jbwiden
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn
I'm not aware of any suzuki street bike which has wheels compatible with a DRZ.

- Mark
No wheels from street bikes are a direct bolt on, but many do it with GS 500 wheels. It requires machine work though.

Jbw
Jbwiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #3131
Drizzt
Ranger

Oddometer: 1,032
Anybody have a spare magneto cover for an s model that they would like to sell for less then 50 bucks? I broke mine and don't have enough money for a stock replacement ($150). I normally wouldn't post something like this but I'm in a bind.

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?” Pirsig
Drizzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #3132
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt
Anybody have a spare magneto cover for an s model that they would like to sell for less then 50 bucks? I broke mine and don't have enough money for a stock replacement ($150). I normally wouldn't post something like this but I'm in a bind.

do you have a spare stock exhaust you can trade?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #3133
Drizzt
Ranger

Oddometer: 1,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey
Nope, sorry-I bought the bike used and it came with a yosh pipe and didn't come with the stocker pipe. I'm pretty sure that if I pay you for it it'll be enough for a stock exhaust though?

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?” Pirsig
Drizzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #3134
caljon88
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Stock exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey
Have one sitting in my shed doing nothing. It fits my 2009 400S, never used and if you want it you can buy it plus shipping. Cheap.

Send me a PM.
caljon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:24 AM   #3135
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt
so fiche calls out 2 numbers for both models, which one is the one you have

e

s